Anyone watching Iran ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone watching Iran ???

Maybe we need to be taking notes. They seem to know how to initiate reform from a corrupt or out of control government.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've got the same thoughts. We need a 'thinking' smiley
Old 06-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Infidel

When I heard that their citizens had been shot I thought "Here we would have returned fire...........because we can". Let that be a poignant little reminder to our liberal rezidents.

I don't know what to make of it. Mousavi is not exactly pro-American. He was their prime minister or held a high level government position, I can't recall right off the top of my head (and I'll let someone else track down the exact position).

I think that the fact he is bucking the mullahs does make him a bit different. They are the true source of power and he seems to be trying to get out from underneath their control.

I hope that we are in there stirring the pot a bit.

Craig
Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Surely we are NOT supplying telephone reception for the country while their government is trying to shut communications down.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We're not.....................Bush is.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

I should have known.......
Old 06-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasR.N. View Post
When I heard that their citizens had been shot I thought "Here we would have returned fire...........because we can". Let that be a poignant little reminder to our liberal rezidents.

I don't know what to make of it. Mousavi is not exactly pro-American. He was their prime minister or held a high level government position, I can't recall right off the top of my head (and I'll let someone else track down the exact position).

I think that the fact he is bucking the mullahs does make him a bit different. They are the true source of power and he seems to be trying to get out from underneath their control.

I hope that we are in there stirring the pot a bit.

Craig
I've heard (haven't researched it yet) that Mousavi was the Prime Minister when Iran started it's nuke program. Definitley not pro-American. I think we're stirring the pot, at least I hope we still are. When we had a president with a pair, the Black Ops was in Iran.

Glen Beck seems to think that the other countries are stirring our pot. Suppose to elaborate on it more this week.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM

What business do we have in interfering in the internal affairs of other countries, in this case Iran? What threat are they to us?

Remember- England and the US conspired to get rid of Mosedeck back in the 50's and replaced him with the Shah....who, in the final analysis, was a brutal dictator.

The invasion of Iraq was based on a lie and the NSE (National Security Estimate) of 2007 said as much. It has been estimated that around 1 million Iraqis have been killed by our military since our invasion. And the wretched war is bankrupting us to the tune of 800 billion per year. It sure as heck isn't worth it.

We're in Afghanistan for what? To get Bin Laden? No one even talks about him anymore....because he was probably killed or died in December 2001.

Afghanistan- the bottom line is this- we want an oil/gas pipeline going from Kazakstan to the Indian Ocean going from North to South through Afghanistan....just like the Soviets wanted to do. Incidentally- did you know that Condoleezza Rice was a member of Chevrons' board of directors until 2001 whose principle work and emphasis was......the Kazak region?

So, we don't need any more wars and Iran sure isn't any threat to us.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Semper Fidelis

Send a message via Yahoo to TuRBoWHiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA1 View Post
What business do we have in interfering in the internal affairs of other countries, in this case Iran? What threat are they to us?

Remember- England and the US conspired to get rid of Mosedeck back in the 50's and replaced him with the Shah....who, in the final analysis, was a brutal dictator.

The invasion of Iraq was based on a lie and the NSE (National Security Estimate) of 2007 said as much. It has been estimated that around 1 million Iraqis have been killed by our military since our invasion. And the wretched war is bankrupting us to the tune of 800 billion per year. It sure as heck isn't worth it.

We're in Afghanistan for what? To get Bin Laden? No one even talks about him anymore....because he was probably killed or died in December 2001.

Afghanistan- the bottom line is this- we want an oil/gas pipeline going from Kazakstan to the Indian Ocean going from North to South through Afghanistan....just like the Soviets wanted to do. Incidentally- did you know that Condoleezza Rice was a member of Chevrons' board of directors until 2001 whose principle work and emphasis was......the Kazak region?

So, we don't need any more wars and Iran sure isn't any threat to us.
Yeah you're right, a muslim country who has been building nukes isn't a threat. Time for you to wake up....
Old 06-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
Surely we are NOT supplying telephone reception for the country while their government is trying to shut communications down.
Until franklin chamberlain finds out we are behind it cuts the lines himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
We're not.....................Bush is.
I knew this guy (Bush) would pop back up and ruin things for everyone..........again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason812 View Post
I've heard (haven't researched it yet) that Mousavi was the Prime Minister when Iran started it's nuke program. Definitley not pro-American. I think we're stirring the pot, at least I hope we still are. When we had a president with a pair, the Black Ops was in Iran.

Glen Beck seems to think that the other countries are stirring our pot. Suppose to elaborate on it more this week.
Reagan would turn it into a Spec Ops playground and a political nightmare for those currently trying to hold on to power.
I caught a snippit of Beck talking about this. I'll tune into him tomorow and Friday to see what he has to say.

It would be impressive to see a serious change in political leadership in Iran. To see the mullahs and islamic thugs running to save their worthless lives would put a smile on my face .

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.