This is Stupid - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
This is Stupid

Ok so a guy that is a tax payer. Decided to take things into his own control. Noticing that the park near his house had grass that was over a foot tall. So he decided on his own to voulentarly cut it for the city.

But now they tried to charge him. Charge him with obstruction of an Official. Because he refused to stop when ordered to.

Why was he ordered to stop cutting the grass. Because his mower was throwing grass clippings onto the sidewalk.

So far the Prosecutors Office has dropped charges until they can look further into the case.

The police report noted the grass hieght of being at least a foot tall.

toledoblade.com --

I hope the citizens of this community are happy that their tax money is going towards something like this. Instead of throwing a couple community service offenders out to the park to cut grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Infidel

A pat on the back would have been nice. "Hey man thanks for stepping up to the plate and looking after the community you live in." You are right this is stupid.

Craig
Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

He should ask for a discount on his next tax bill since he pays taxes to help get the grass mowed, but took it on himself.

He could get out of the ticket. Grass on the sidewalk? "Yes sir, but I wasn't done yet! I was going to clean all of that up, but I was stopped before I could finish!"

Beside that, if they were to have the city employees do their job, I bet you a big ol' glazed donut that the city workers get grass on the sidewalk, but then blows it off before they leave.....

I know who the real criminal was....the guy who stopped the law-abiding, tax-paying citizen...Throw his butt in jail!!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Farmerjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Farmerjohn
WTF you know if more people where like this guy what a great country this would be, but no people are so damn stupid, and lazy
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
He should ask for a discount on his next tax bill since he pays taxes to help get the grass mowed, but took it on himself.

He could get out of the ticket. Grass on the sidewalk? "Yes sir, but I wasn't done yet! I was going to clean all of that up, but I was stopped before I could finish!"

Beside that, if they were to have the city employees do their job, I bet you a big ol' glazed donut that the city workers get grass on the sidewalk, but then blows it off before they leave.....

I know who the real criminal was....the guy who stopped the law-abiding, tax-paying citizen...Throw his butt in jail!!
The criminal that stopped the guy, eats the big fat glazed donut, wears blue, and has hand cuffs. Yepp the local pd stopped him and arrested him. I wonder if they impounded the lawn tractor.

Can you imagine the look on the tow truck drivers face when he pulled up. See this riding lawn mower sitting there. Cop says take this thing to the impound. Heck I bet the hook was to big to even hook up to winch the tractor up on the roll back.

Oh and I found out from a friend that lives in this town. There is no ordinance against someone cutting the grass that is publicly owned.

From what my friend says, there has been complaints to the city from other nieghbors about the grass not being cut in this park. One parent even supposedly had a tick on there son after playing in this park.

So I can see how the citizen that took it upon himself to cut the grass is in the right. Ticks, Mosquitos, and other things love tall grass.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 06-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Cynic

THe obama plan.

Punish those who can take care of themselves and go the extra mile for their community.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 AM

$hit, around here we'd call him a volunteer. Not a criminal
Old 06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good for the guy. grass needs cut, no one does it, he comes in to help.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM

i hope he sues the **** out of the powers that be, while i dont agree with the sue happy mentality of today, i certainly think this is an exception.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.