Justice Dept. Defends Bush Rule on Guns - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know nuttin....

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Justice Dept. Defends Bush Rule on Guns

I'm not praising Obama for this just yet, there has to be more than meets the eye...

washingtonpost.com

Discuss.......

Last edited by Clay Henry; 02-17-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't see it
Old 02-17-2009, 01:17 PM

The link just brings us to the homepage of the washington post
Old 02-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't know nuttin....

fixed it......
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
I think we should be able to carry anywhere, not just because of incase of a wild animal attack, but sometimes back deep in the reserves its very secluded, and someone could be lurking... you never know.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Gig 'Em

First of all, how could allowing concealed carry in national parks affect the environment???

Secondly, why is it that articles about extending the rights of CHL holders always mention how low crime is in the area the rights are being extended to? I see it all the time in articles about concealed carry on campus. They act as though the 300 or so violent crimes they have a year are just an unfortunate consequence. "Don't worry about it, you probably won't be one of those 300 who are assaulted, raped, robbed, or murdered in a national park."
Old 02-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue View Post
First of all, how could allowing concealed carry in national parks affect the environment???

Secondly, why is it that articles about extending the rights of CHL holders always mention how low crime is in the area the rights are being extended to? I see it all the time in articles about concealed carry on campus. They act as though the 300 or so violent crimes they have a year are just an unfortunate consequence. "Don't worry about it, you probably won't be one of those 300 who are assaulted, raped, robbed, or murdered in a national park."
To answer your questions,

1. We'll leave spent casings and empty boxes everywhere after we get done shooting at little Timmy and Jenny for absolutely no reason.

2. Criminals respect the law and never rob, kill or assault anyone in a national park.

(Yes, I am being sarcastic, anyone want to ask the hiker in GA that was killed by a psycho if a gun might have saved her life?)
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It's a ploy by the Obama Administration to get gun owners on their side. They know that there isn't any enviromental ramifications, and that it really doesn't pose a threat to anybody when a law abiding citizen carries a gun. This law, even if it stays, will not be an issue if Obama doesn't let you carry a gun AT ALL, or be able to buy ammo for that gun. That's what he's pushing for, and what the liberals in congress are pushing for. Look at HR 45, here's a breif summary of the bill, you can read the full text after clicking on the link at the bottom of the page if you want HR45 is Draconian Gun Control
Old 02-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Premium Member

Once again, I have to praise Carter II for stimulating the economy by forcing the current rush for guns and ammo. Probably the ONLY thing that will work out of this administration. I'll bet he starts with mandatory registeration of ALL guns owned. This will be pulled off by trying to get us to let our guard down with his pro-gun actions. Then go from there.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
Once again, I have to praise Carter II for stimulating the economy by forcing the current rush for guns and ammo. Probably the ONLY thing that will work out of this administration. I'll bet he starts with mandatory registeration of ALL guns owned. This will be pulled off by trying to get us to let our guard down with his pro-gun actions. Then go from there.
Good point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.