Revealing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommycat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Revealing

I have had this discussion before; Ever since I have had a heated discussion on one other board, there have been many articles backing my own argument which so many excoriated me. Here is an example and most women agree with me.


Women in revealing clothes deserve to be raped, say Brazilians in new poll | WashingtonExaminer.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would never say a woman DESERVES to be raped. I would say that they should understand the risks of dressing in such a manner, but they better be ready for the possible outcomes. Rape is rarely about sex. It's more often about control.
Mtndizzle1 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
I would never say a woman DESERVES to be raped. I would say that they should understand the risks of dressing in such a manner, but they better be ready for the possible outcomes. Rape is rarely about sex. It's more often about control.
Those are my exact sentiments. I call them consequences. We live in a world today where we feel we shouldn't have to face the consequences of our actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderstroke View Post
Those are my exact sentiments. I call them consequences. We live in a world today where we feel we shouldn't have to face the consequences of our actions.
Dressing a certain way does increase the risks, but criminals are criminals. It's why I encourage my significant other to carry wherever she can. It should never be an excuse for the rapist's actions, but it paints a target on the person wearing revealing outfits to a person who is prone to impulsive actions. Again, rape itself isn't about sex most times. For those rare times that it is, the outfit makes the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Dressing a certain way does increase the risks, but criminals are criminals. It's why I encourage my significant other to carry wherever she can. It should never be an excuse for the rapist's actions, but it paints a target on the person wearing revealing outfits to a person who is prone to impulsive actions. Again, rape itself isn't about sex most times. For those rare times that it is, the outfit makes the difference.
100% in agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't know nuttin....

 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tuttle, OK
Posts: 17,154
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I shouldnt wear my mankini down the street without fear of being raped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 117
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you might want to be careful where you wear that. You just might get shot!


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OH GOD!!! MY EYES!!!
*brain bleach*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors