Do you Walk the line? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By stingray615
  • 1 Post By Mtndizzle1
  • 1 Post By Heavy_GD
  • 1 Post By Mtndizzle1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do you Walk the line?

The line between Democrats and Republicans is a very very thin line and it becomes increasingly thinner each year...
I offer up the following "Critical" policy information to all of you..
Figure out which you agree with and then you can really decide if you're a Republican, Democrat, or something entirely different.

Do you support indefinitely detaining (military style lockup) of any US Citizen who is suspected of being a terrorist?
Democrats=Yes Republican=Yes Libertarian=No
Do you support the unlawful execution (assassination) of US citizens?
Democrats=Yes Republicans=Yes Libertarian=No
Do you support the welfare system for foreign countries?
Democrats=Yes Republicans=Yes Libertarian=No
Do you support the bombing of innocent civilians abroad, killing thousands of innocents in the hopes of getting 2 or 3 terrorists, thereby creating 10 new terrorists for every one killed?
Democrats=Yes Republicans=Yes Libertarians=No
Do you agree with selling out your children's children's children to amass new debt to benefit the Lobbyists and their corporations?
Do you believe in the destruction of the US Constitution by way of wiretaps, illegal seizures, illegal home invasions, illegal blockades, illegal checkpoints and illegal use of force?
Do you believe in forcing others to live the lifestyle you believe to be right, good and moral?
Do you believe people should be responsible for their own lives and actions, allow them to do what ever they want to themselves provided the do not infringe on the rights of any other Citizen of this country?
Democrats=No Republicans=No Libertarians=Yes.

What this boils down to is the fundamental idea that we are no longer Republicans and were probably never Democrats, but instead we are free thinking Americans who can only come as close to a classification as Libertarian.
There are many things you may not agree with the Libertarian party on, as I'm in the same boat, but are those worth the demise of this nation?

Let's use Abortion as a prime example. Women say it's their right to choose what happens with their reproductive organs, but no one is getting them removed, no tubes being tied so to speak. Instead they take the life of another. I say if they have that right then I have the right to sell my own kidney. This can't be though, because big-pharma would have a fit.

The problem with outlawing abortion, though, is that it will create a blackmarket for it. A black Market that will be dangerously unsterile and will likely spread disease like wildfire.
The same can be said about drugs. I have never taken any illegal substance in my life. I don't smoke, don't drink and have no intentions of doing any of those 3. However. If I wanted to wouldn't it make sense to just let me go to a store, pay a large sum for the drugs, tax the crap out of them and provide a support pamphlet aimed to educate me on the consequences of addiction rather than having me go to some dude on a street corner selling the junk? The black market makes the lifestyle of selling narcotics dangerous, the surrounding areas of those sales dangerous and the drugs themselves dangerous. If you don't believe me go figure out how Meth came about and you'll learn that this was just a way around the drug trafficing problem with coccain and crack.
Prostitution is another fine example of how outlawing something creates a dangerous black market. Germany allows prostitution, but you have to get a license and you have to get regular health screenings. All this makes it a clean profession and since it's clean and legal there is no worries of pimps beating their women. Instead they manage their own affairs in a clean professional way. Much like Innara Serra in Firefly (best TV show ever by the way)...

Do I care if someone 5 miles from is doing meth? not really, provided they're not contaminating anything and not trying to illegally sell to my family. Do I care if my kids can go to a specialty store and purchase crack? Absolutely not. If they want crack they want crack. I'd rather they get a clean regulated safe form of crack in a certain quantity with instructions and a guide for the dangers than meet up with some punk who could potentially shoot them and take their money, or sell them some form of crack with draino in it. Instead of worrying about them getting crack I spend my time focusing on teaching them why they don't want it instead. If they have no desire to even try crack, pot or anything else, then my fears of them obtaining it are minimized and the chances of them being affected by the violence associated are reduced as well. Instead we get rival dealers in our neighborhoods and innocent victims get shot during random drive-by shootings.

I'm a moral man, with a great moral compass, but no one forced that morality upon me. I learned it from my family and from the teachings at my church and old catholic school. You CANNOT force people to be moral.

There is so much more I could go on to say, but the point is this. Look at your life and look how you live it. Should certain things be legal would it change the way you lived?
Should certain things become illegal would it make you become a criminal? What if the government said no more caffine.. It's an illegal substance.. I think I'd be talking to Jose on the street corner to hook me up with some fine packets of Colombian coffee..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

Interesting post, but there's an easier way... it's the Nolan Chart... take a short, 10 question survey, and see where you land on the diamond in the chart. It's actually a very resourceful site, wherever you land, there are links to sites that correlate to your score.. let me know what you think: Survey - Nolan Chart Have a great weekend....

BTW, I scored in the central upper part, just outside the square.. and am leaning strongly libertarian, although I consider myself conservative...
JK23112 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to stingray615 For This Useful Post:
MightyMouse75 (03-04-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 AM

I grew up in a Republican household and my family was part of the "Reagan Revolution." I was not old enough to vote for him the first time (1980), but was eager & excited to cast my ballot for the GOP in most every election from 1984 onward. I wanted a strong military, lower taxes and fewer regulations -- and was a staunch supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

I always leaned "pro-choice" on abortion rights and was kind of ambivalent on some other social issues, so the (perceived) fiscal restraint and pro-military stuff made me lean towards the elephants over the donkeys. I had not yet heard of the Libertarian Party at that time. In 1992, I voted for G. H. Bush by default (to carry on the Reagan legacy), but was disappointed. 1996 gave us Bob Dole (really?) and Clinton played the GOP-majority Congress like a fiddle much of the time. The GOP also lost a lot of 'cred' with me when they failed to stick with their promises to reduce the size of government.

I learned about the Libertarian Party when I got Internet access in 1997 and have not looked back since. I have always been to the right on the political scale, but had trouble with the "moral crusade" by so many in the GOP. The Republican Party had been hijacked by a bunch of statist, empire-building neocons on one side and authoritarian religious nuts on the other.

It seemed as though there were no TRUE conservatives left in the party, at least at the national level. Our state GOP had gone in the same direction as well. With few exceptions, our state-level Republicans sought to grow government, hike spending and raise our taxes -- much like Democrat Lite.

While I am not ideologically pure, I found that the Libertarian Party offers a 'home' for those of us who wish to keep Democrats out of our wallets and Republicans out of our bedrooms. They are far from 'perfect', of course, but seem to understand the proper role of government -- and at what LEVEL it should operate (local, state, federal) within the US Constitution. The Libertarians also understand the Bill of Rights - a lost idea of the Republicrats.

P.S. I am self-described as a liberty-minded conservative. I am extremely fiscally conservative, yet am socially tolerant. I may have conservative blood in my veins, but it is pumped by a libertarian (small "L") heart.

Last edited by JK23112; 03-03-2014 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Omission
The Following User Says Thank You to JK23112 For This Useful Post:
MightyMouse75 (03-04-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 AM

Sadly Im starting to wonder if its not all a big scam. The guys NEVER do what they say the are gonna do. It seems they forget what needs to be done once they get elected. The government is starting to know what we need more that we do. Heck half the time the welfare people seem to be the smart ones. Why work? The president just lies at will and NOBODY calls him on it. Im starting to thinK American is not one country anymore. You got the East coast and the West coast "city" people and then the normal people in the middle.
I hope who ever gets elected next can restore my faith in the system. I just hope its someone male or female that has a back bone. Cause right now WE ARE PUTINS BEEHOCH!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
Sadly Im starting to wonder if its not all a big scam. The guys NEVER do what they say the are gonna do. It seems they forget what needs to be done once they get elected. The government is starting to know what we need more that we do. Heck half the time the welfare people seem to be the smart ones. Why work? The president just lies at will and NOBODY calls him on it. Im starting to thinK American is not one country anymore. You got the East coast and the West coast "city" people and then the normal people in the middle.
I hope who ever gets elected next can restore my faith in the system. I just hope its someone male or female that has a back bone. Cause right now WE ARE PUTINS BEEHOCH!
Rest assured, the current popular choices paraded around D.C. are a complete scam. The thing that most people misunderstand is the real motive of the government. Most people think the government(in relatively recent history) is here for our protection. If you follow that line of thinking then you will always be disappointed. What the government is actually after is power, the more the merrier. If you understand that, then the government is actually very efficient and good at what they do.

Having said that, I agree with the Nolan chart to gauge ones political leaning. I've taken it as a link from another site and scored as an "individualist", which is very close to being an anarchist. Now before anyone loses their mind about anarchy I'd like to dispell the most pervasive and damaging myth about anarchy. It is ABSOLUTELY NOT about lawlessness, damage, and/or violence. The absolute base premise is only about not having any governing body. There can still be laws just like now and there can still be helpful organizations to help people that truly need it. Those things will just be infinitely more effective because there will not be any bureaucratic nonsense to get in the way
MightyMouse75 likes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:42 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
We elect on lies and they perform on lies.
nothing changes until the people pulling the stings change....

FWIW I was dead center on the Nolan.
Mtndizzle1 likes this.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A good start to that would be ending the federal reserve. Then we could make huge, disgusting corporations stop their shenanigans
Heavy_GD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.