Georgia vs Russia - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Georgia vs Russia

What are y'alls thoughts about this? Should we get involved? If so on what level and why?

I say yes and here is why. To me Russia is the bully on the block. If no one stands up to him he gets more brazen and causes more pain. Someone or a group of people stand up to him, give him a whoopin' and he either behaves or moves along.

Georgia has been a good ally and friend on the war on terror. While we don't need to send in 20,000 troops, we do have plenty of "toys" and other tactics to make the Russians miserable, we did it in Afghanistan in the 80's. If we don't help Georgia out what kind of message does this send to the rest of the world and to countries whose help we might need in the future?

Anyways, this is just my thoughts on this issue.

Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have to agree, since Putin left office he has become more of an aggressor and in my opinion is leading Russia down the wrong path.

I really believe, Russia wants to take over that entire region.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
This is just a FUBAR situation. I think both parties involved need to kiss and make up.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

This is one of those things that we all know we need to step in and do something, but at the same time we dont need to be getting involved in anything. I think we are taking the right step with what we are doing now.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well barak wants to make us nuke free....how about instead of disarming them, we just put them to use.

Russia wants the USSR back no 2 ways about it. Its just a matter of how naive our leaders are and how PC they want to be. I say put Russia in her place and be done with it. We're already looking inept due to Iraq (media reporting, not necessarily the case) so, we just take out Russia and then sit back and polish our fingernails on our chest.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghawg98 View Post
Well barak wants to make us nuke free....how about instead of disarming them, we just put them to use.

Russia wants the USSR back no 2 ways about it. Its just a matter of how naive our leaders are and how PC they want to be. I say put Russia in her place and be done with it. We're already looking inept due to Iraq (media reporting, not necessarily the case) so, we just take out Russia and then sit back and polish our fingernails on our chest.

Well I could agree with that too! but if we are going to do that we need to do it right and take out Iraq and Iran too.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:02 PM

I think we need to try to hold off on Russia. Our military would be stretched too thin if we were to take on Russia plus we will probably have to deal with Iran and Pakistan if we mess with Russia.

Don't forget war makes fuel prices go up.

Last edited by 97Beast; 08-14-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Serving Our Country!

Would be stretched to thin, how about is stretched to thin, and Russia knows that. That is why they are making this move, amongst other things, like keeping Georgia from becoming a member of NATO. They are making an attempt to make the whole region fear them and also display that all America can’t afford to take any military action. There is nothing to stop them unless other EU nations band together and put an end to it.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Serving Our Country!

That said I think we should kick their a$$
Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 PM

This is kind of a sticky one, If I recall correctly wasnt russia threatening military action if we installed out missile defense system in eastern europe? Seems to me russia has been a bit too aggresive.

I do have a 6 piont plan though:

#1 drill - supply all our own oil needs plus excess.

#2 under bid opec and sell excess on free market - putting the middle east out of bussiness and bolstering the us economy.

#3 install missile defense system in europe.

#4 kick russias a$$ (take care of iran, pakistan, and north korea while were at it)

#5 sell all of their oil to pay for the war and the national debt.

#6 divide russia into 4 new states, make iran, pakistan, & north korea states - this way Barack can visit the 57 states he was talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.