And if this happened to your family???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Infidel

 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And if this happened to your family????

My Way News - Killings turn focus on San Francisco sanctuary law

Can't even imagine what I'd do. Just another example of a liberal feel good policy that had deadly consequences.

I feel incredible sorrow for the wife / mother left without her family. This (fill in the blank) should have been hung by the neck until dead long before he had the opportunity to kill her family. The city officials who backed this policy should be tried as accomplices.

Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Raging Lunatic

 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"This case has been charged as a special circumstance case," making it eligible for the death penalty, spokeswoman Erica Derryck said. "No additional announcement has been made about this aspect of the charging."

"Special circumstance case" my arse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Served Our Country!
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Posts: 196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"...However, Newsom 'still supports the worthwhile aims of denying the federal government' assistance in deporting otherwise law-abiding undocumented residents..."

...and the federal government should deny any and all federal funds to San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Gig 'Em
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Katy, TX and College Station, TX
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"law-abiding undocumented residents"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! I think they broke a law by being in the country so how can they be law-abiding? Is everyone in California allowed to brake a law before they are considered a criminal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: portland oregon
Posts: 568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here in Portland our govoner calls them "our communities undocumented workers."
I thought the laws were for everyone, apparently S.F. is exempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 AM
rdc rdc is offline
Grumpy Non-Socialist

 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, OK
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue View Post
"law-abiding undocumented residents"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! I think they broke a law by being in the country so how can they be law-abiding? Is everyone in California allowed to brake a law before they are considered a criminal?
You left out a word from the quote. It was " ... otherwise law abiding undocumented residents ...". Meaning, except for being here illegally, they haven't broken our laws. Now don't excited - I'm not disagreeing with you, just correcting an error.

I think all illegals should be rounded up and deported. I think our borders should be secured (tightly secured). THEN, and ONLY THEN, should we
look at improving our immigration policies and how we track them when they
get here. I don't think any should be allowed to immigrate here unless they
have gainful employment already lined up. I believe that's how Australia
operates. Is there a country in the world with a more relaxed, poorly
enforced immigration policy than the U.S.?

Last edited by rdc; 07-25-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Emergency Services
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: tehachapi, CA
Posts: 2,545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue View Post
"law-abiding undocumented residents"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?! I think they broke a law by being in the country so how can they be law-abiding? Is everyone in California allowed to brake a law before they are considered a criminal?
depends on where you got here from. if you came from the south of CA your exempt it seems. any other direction you go straight to jail for garbage like this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Gig 'Em
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Katy, TX and College Station, TX
Posts: 1,260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc View Post
You left out a word from the quote. It was " ... otherwise law abiding undocumented residents ...". Meaning, except for being here illegally, they haven't broken our laws. Now don't excited - I'm not disagreeing with you, just correcting an error.

I think all illegals should be rounded up and deported. I think our borders should be secured (tightly secured). THEN, and ONLY THEN, should we
look at improving our immigration policies and how we track them when they
get here. I don't think any should be allowed to immigrate here unless they
have gainful employment already lined up. I believe that's how Australia
operates. Is there a country in the world with a more relaxed, poorly
enforced immigration policy than the U.S.?
Oh...I read it wrong
I'm just sick of people who try to defend illegal immigrants and the whole "undocumented" label drives me nuts because it makes it seem like what they did is alright. And I agree completely with you- the borders need to be secured before we do too much deporting otherwise they're all going to come right back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
rdc rdc is offline
Grumpy Non-Socialist

 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, OK
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlysue View Post
Oh...I read it wrong
I'm just sick of people who try to defend illegal immigrants and the whole "undocumented" label drives me nuts because it makes it seem like what they did is alright. And I agree completely with you- the borders need to be secured before we do too much deporting otherwise they're all going to come right back.
Oh, I'm for deporting them as fast as we can find them. I'm just not
in favor of spending a lot of effort overhauling our immigration process
until we get the illegals out AND secure our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors