Oil Prices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 04:16 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Oil Prices

Ok supposedly the USA is the biggest oil user in the world. So why can't WE tell the oil companies how much WE will pay for oil. IE hey exxon mobil WE will not buy your oil no more unless you sell it to us at 20 dollars a barrell. Something along the lines like that. WE use the most so we should get a bulk rate discount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Ok supposedly the USA is the biggest oil user in the world. So why can't WE tell the oil companies how much WE will pay for oil. IE hey exxon mobil WE will not buy your oil no more unless you sell it to us at 20 dollars a barrell. Something along the lines like that. WE use the most so we should get a bulk rate discount.
Great idea but they've got us by the big hairy ones.

US: "Ok, lower the price to $10.00 a barrel or else!"

EM: "Or else what?"

US: "We'll stop using your oil."

EM: "Have fun in the meantime..."

We'd have to bring the country to a grinding halt in order to make good on our threats. We just ain't trying hard enough. There's plenty of technology out there that could offset our oil usage a great deal. You know how we could get OPEC's attention real quick? Replace ALL diesel fuel, jet fuel, and heating oil in the U.S. with liquefied coal fuel (syngas) using our 800+year coal reserves. Just recently the Air Force certified a number of jets to run on syngas and plan to have every airframe certified for it by 2011. Imagine what that would do to the price of oil-might put a little dent in the demand I think.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM

China is growing as the fastest oil consumer on the planet.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Think of the incredible wealth the Saudis had getting $20 a barrel. Now imagine their wealth at $120 a barrel. Its disgusting. Plus the fact that the rest of their country will be in desperate poverty while they are living like Aladin.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:55 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Great idea but they've got us by the big hairy ones.

US: "Ok, lower the price to $10.00 a barrel or else!"

EM: "Or else what?"

US: "We'll stop using your oil."

EM: "Have fun in the meantime..."

We'd have to bring the country to a grinding halt in order to make good on our threats. We just ain't trying hard enough. There's plenty of technology out there that could offset our oil usage a great deal. You know how we could get OPEC's attention real quick? Replace ALL diesel fuel, jet fuel, and heating oil in the U.S. with liquefied coal fuel (syngas) using our 800+year coal reserves. Just recently the Air Force certified a number of jets to run on syngas and plan to have every airframe certified for it by 2011. Imagine what that would do to the price of oil-might put a little dent in the demand I think.
I just wonder what do all these companies that collect wvo do with it. If I was one of them companies I would be making WVO Fuel and then selling it. If the country wants to go to bio fuels. It seems like they should spend more money on Bio diesel then ethanol gasoline. Why because you can make bio diesel dang near out of anything. Peanut oil, corn oil, soy bean oil, crude oil, recycled motor oil, I mean what can you not make diesel out of.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:59 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlonno View Post
Think of the incredible wealth the Saudis had getting $20 a barrel. Now imagine their wealth at $120 a barrel. Its disgusting. Plus the fact that the rest of their country will be in desperate poverty while they are living like Aladin.
Exactly my point. I mean come on if they were making billions with the price down to the point diesel only cost 55 cents a gallon. They need to stop being greedy. I have a feeling there will be a WW3 and it will all be from the cost of oil.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM

We might well be in a WWIII and nobody knows it. Times are changing now though as far as WVO is concerned. People who used to pay to have it picked up are now starting to sell their oil to the highest bidder. Its a race to try and lock up a source. I am running into it all over town here. I've even seen the business plans for these companies that have been operating under the radar. They get paid to pick up WVO. A potential fuel. And then turn it into bio and are selling it for more than #2. The next year or so will be interesting to see who the majority of the WVO hands it falls into.
Dave
Old 05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Jon

Hey

We do tell the oil companies how much we will pay! Right now our government is telling them about $4.30 for diesel and $3.70 for gas!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
We do tell the oil companies how much we will pay! Right now our government is telling them about $4.30 for diesel and $3.70 for gas!
Point well made!
Craig
Old 05-14-2008, 05:24 PM

I feel like I'm working for the arebs.

Basfish, if that syngas is viable, I'm all for that. Tell us more about it, and what politico obsticles do we have to overcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.