*** RANT THREAD ON THIEVES!!! *** - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
*** RANT THREAD ON THIEVES!!! ***

This may or may not be a political discussion but this seems like the best place for this thread.

I know there's a lot of thievery going on lately and I wanted to post something about it so people can hear my experience and reply with theirs. Maybe we can all learn more about taking care of our own posessions as well as helping keep a watchful eye on our friend's and neighbor's things too... at least the ones we care about.

HERE'S MY STORY:

So a friend of mine recently started working with our crew and the job requires him to meet the "crew bus" each day about ten miles from his house on the main hiway. He's been with us about 2 weeks now and has parked his car in the same place for those 2 weeks. Just the other day after work I pulled over and dropped him off and headed on my merry way home.

About 5-10 miles down the road I get a phone call from a phone I don't recognize and it's my buddy that I just dropped off. His phone was dead and he had flagged down a passer by to use their phone cause his car had been broken into via the rear passenger side window which was busted to chit. They took a few stupid misc things that weren't worth chit and his heavy jacket that was left behind along with........you guessed it.......the battery out of the car. W..............T...............F!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fu**ing battery is only worth $5 you jackazz mother F***ing tweaker!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what we got to spend the next 2 hours doing? Oh and they cut the cables off too so as to make their project quick.

Not sure about you guys but I'm really tired of hearing these stories. I've recently noticed that my driver's door handle housing on my pickup is broken which means someone is trying to get into my truck. They better hope I don't catch em in the act cause there will be hell to pay!

OK I'm done........share on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It's even worse when it is someone close to you that steals.

Here's my story....

A little over a year ago when I started dating my wife, she had bought herself a 2000 Chevy Blazer. Not long after owning it, the crank bearings spun and we needed to get it fixed. Her POS, ex-con, lowlife step dad said he would take care of it all. I was living about an hour away from her and couldn't take care of it myself, so we let him go at it. He SEEMED to know what he was doing and SEEMED legit about it all. I spent one weekend helping him pull the motor so that it could be swapped. He SUPPOSEDLY had another motor lined up for it, which we found out was a complete LIE!! She had given him over $500 to get the other motor and swap it into the Blazer. He started getting very shady and the money magically disappeared. He actually seemed to disappear as well, but came around from time to time acting weird and spewing BS lies about everything. Sure enough, we found out that he was not going to work but off doing drugs again like the loser he is and was stealing crap from other people and places to support his effing habits. My wife's sister turned him in to his PO and the loser got sent back to jail where he belongs. We coordinated things to get the Blazer, motor, and parts (which were scattered everywhere like a crackhead would do) out from her mom's house where they were and over to her dad's. When getting everything together we noticed stuff was missing including the battery, which she had just bought before the motor crapped out. A couple months later, after we got another motor lined up, we towed the Blazer an hour south to where her and I are living now. Me and a couple friends swapped in the new motor and got the Blazer going which was a great feeling to finally get done. The warm fuzzy feeling didn't last long.... We went to a gas station to put some gas in the vehicle and I noticed a bunch of fuel pouring out from under the Blazer when she was filling it up. I got under the vehicle and saw a mini hacksaw wedge between the fuel tank and filler hose. Yup, the jackwad cut the filler hose just below the anit-siphon valve and siphoned out a bunch of fuel. It seemed like every time we turned around we were dealing with something that the POS did to the Blazer because he is a worthless individual.

Oh and we never saw a dime of the money he took from her!!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have been hit twice. The first time was many years ago with my first truck, a 87 Toyota pickup with a 22r, 4 speed and no options. They stuck a screwdriver through the door to pry out the lock, riped the dash up to steal a $50 radio. They also stole one old 6x9 speaker from the rear and a set of jumper cables.

The second time was about a year ago on my 00 F-250. I went to open the tailgate and found the handle pried out about a inch. Fortunately it was locked and the thief gave up. It took a good two hours to find the screws beneeth the bedliner so I could remove the access panel and open the gate.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

Great stories fellas. Lets hear some more!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The best way to run off a suspected thief in the middle of the night: I let the Newfoundland dog in the house because it had been really hot that day. About 2:30 AM he woke me up all agitated and would not let me sleep. Got up and started checking. AH HAH!! There was a car sitting in the lane with it's lights off. Grabbed a shotgun and eased out the back door. 2 people in the car. Dont know what they were doing. While sneaking up there I passed a peagravel pile left from a project which gave me an idea. I threw a handful up in the air so it would rain down on the car. Just before it hit I pulled the trigger sending a shot over a cornfield. They left in a hurry.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ahh, thieves... Scum of the earth.

Story #1: This was quite a few years back when I was still living at home with my Mom and it was around 2AM. Well Mom is a super nightowl and I guess the thieves thought 2AM most people are asleep and it would be a good time to hit up the neighbors work truck for some tools. Needless to say Mom was still up and heard them whacking away at the side window with what turned out to be a hitch ball; well she ran outside with the baseball bat screaming the whole way, which in turn woke me up, I jumped up and followed with my 12G and got to see her running down the driveway screaming at the thieves with her baseball bat. The thieves turned around and freaked, jumped back in their Blazer and tore out of the court. Stolen plate and they were never found, but they didn't get anything out of the neighbors truck either. Only damage was the busted side window, and we ended up with an eternally grateful neighbor. Chewed out my Mom for going crazy on the thieves, could have easily been shot.

Story #2: This was after I moved out of my Mom's, out of CA to NC. One of my days off (happened to be a weekday), and I lived pretty damn well off the beaten path. Good 2 miles down a dirt road, only have 4 neighbors on the whole road, and one vacation property next door to me. Guess the fellow thought he would come by and try to break into my beater DD which was a 91 Nissan 240SX. Well sitting on the couch watching TV I hear a car approaching which is odd this time of the day as most of the neighbors were already home, two retirees and one fellow who was off at work already. I peek out and see a beat pickup pull up next to my driveway and a fellow jump out of the pickup walk towards my car. Waited until he was right next to the car and grabbed something out of his pocket to fiddle with the car locks, then I jumped out of the front door and asked him if I could help him with something. Head pops up, and he stammers no and beats feet back to the truck and off he went. Never had a problem there again except for the random teenagers looking for a place to drink and fornicate.

Now for more stories!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would not care if a couple of lovers just wanted time alone. Just dont sit in front of my house and stir the dogs up.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Premium Member

Thieving sons a b!tches got me last night!!!!! I have a broken latch on one of my shop truck doors and of course they decided to check me out last night. Fargin bastards stole my Makita angle drill and grinder, all 4 of my air die grinders(straight/angle, etc), my 1/2" drive air gun, air drill, and mother fffffffffn air hammer. If this person is ever discovered by me he will wish the police had found him!

Oh btw, called the popo at 240am and what was one of the first questions he asked me???? "Sir, would you like a case number so you can turn this into your insurance?" F**K NO JACKASS, JUST DO SOMETHIN ABOUT THE DRUGGIES RUNNIN THE STREETS AND STEALING FROM HARD WORKIN MOFOS LIKE ME WITH NO REPROCUSSIONS!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That sucks Brandon!!!

We have thieves hitting our scrap steel laying outside of our shop in our fenced yard.... Had to bring all the scrap inside another shop for a year when it got real crazy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

They'll take pretty much anything that's not bolted down and the cops don't do chit about any of it.

"Protect and serve" = protect the criminals and serve you and I with as many revenue producing violations as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.