Gov't Spying on Americans - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gov't Spying on Americans

So what does everyone think about this crap? Verizon and Multiple companies including Google giving the gov't access to email, phone calls etc without a warrant or subpoena. They can jump in and out of servers, undetected. Even monitor in real time. And don't for a second it's "only for terrorism". They ARE looking at content. I don't care what his Heinous says.

Personally, I think everyone involved needs to be tried for treason, for violating one of our most basic rights, and be punished under the full extent of treason law .

If you're not allowed to speak freely, you simply aren't free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

Sadly, unless it goes before the SCOTUS, it doesn't mean much. I don't know why, but the Legislature is allowed to pass laws that blatantly defy the Constitution. What they did fall within the realm of law, just not within the realm of the Constitution. This should be treated as a reminder that the two don't always agree with each other, but it won't. There are far too many people in the US willing and ready to let others defend them, as opposed to taking their individual safety more personal (as is the only way it exists).
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Big brother has always been watching, this is nothing new.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c69ss396 View Post
Big brother has always been watching, this is nothing new.
Nope, it's just new for them to claim it's legitimate. And to say it exists, but one thing at a time.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Should have looked closer at that cell phone contract then

The Internet was literally invented by and for the military to send messages to one another, just Kause your on it don't mean it's private
Old 06-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Banned

This is our tax dollars hard at work.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd_shop View Post
This is our tax dollars hard at work.
HAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! You said tax dollars and work in the same sentence.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Should have looked closer at that cell phone contract then

The Internet was literally invented by and for the military to send messages to one another, just Cause your on it don't mean it's private
Ironically, my wife is a fraud investigator for Verizon. Her dept. works with the FBI and LE to nail actual fraudsters, not 351fifty whose just minding his own business. It's one thing for a company to do snooping if it believes fraud or crime has been committed, but it's entirely another for the gov't to carte blanche spy on 300+ million people without cause.

And while "Prizm" and the other spy programs have been around for awhile now, doesn't make it any more right and no less a TOTAL violation of the 4th amend. The apathetic attitude of "well, you should have read" or "This is nothing new" is precisely the reason why it is happening and continues to happen.

Quote:
I don't know why, but the Legislature is allowed to pass laws that blatantly defy the Constitution.
That's because we under Legislative and Judicial tyranny in this country. But I suspect that this isn't the type site to go in depth on the subject. If it doesn't affect our beloved Powerstrokes, then it doesn't matter as much, I guess.

For a website that 's so gung ho, buy American, I'm a little surprised at the lack of discussion considering that this has come out into the clear light of day and finally revealed to the public. This is huge IMO. We've actually arrived George Orwell's' 1984.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:32 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
NO COMMENT, but subd to here how you guys feel!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not saying t isn't new information (which it isn't) or that it does not violate the constitution (which it does) but in all honesty, I don't mind the govt watching what people talk about, I have nothing to hide, nor do I engauge in any kind of espionage activities, but I really don't mind a few people getting black bagged and "disappearing" with no trace for having planned publically an execution of someone with the power to run this kind of "counter-terrorism" and I would use this term loosely, btw most everyone you know has a biography in a file cabinet somewhere they didnt know about because everyone is a suspect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.