Drill for oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Drill for oil

This is what I'm talking about, we need more legislation like this. Increase supply price go down, produce ourselves dollers stay here.

.: United States Senator Ted Stevens :: Newsroom :.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 09:11 AM

Ya that what I want to hear!! The new stations always report on how high gas prices are but they never talk to people that are struggling to pay bills. Struggling to keep a job because they cant afford to get there.

Oil at more than $125 a barrel will force higher prices on basic necessities like food and gasoline, and forces many Alaskans, especially fishermen, out of work. We can no longer afford to be at the mercy of OPEC. I stand with Senator Murkowski in this effort to provide immediate and long-term relief to America’s energy crisis. This bill advances true energy independence, redirecting billions of American dollars away from OPEC and towards alternative energies made possible through the responsible development of our own available natural resources.”

“Americans are hurting each time they fill up their cars at the gas station and are forced to cut back spending on other necessities simply to afford their winter heating bills,”
Old 03-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i would love to see the drilling begin, but we have to many tree huggers that wont allow it.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Sparkplugs Not Required

Unfortunately, I think it's too little too late. Oil prices are already hurting the american economy. Four years ago the price of a barrel of oil was around $20. I don't know about you, but we should have been exploring on our own soil when it hit $60. Now we're going to wait until it hits $125 for 5 days in a row? We're already seeing the effects of high gas prices; increased cost of goods. How much are you paying for a gallon of milk at the store? Probably damn near double from a couple years ago.

Don't get me wrong, this is good legislation for americans, but we need to use the oil we have and stop relying on OPEC countries.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker View Post
i would love to see the drilling begin, but we have to many tree huggers that wont allow it.
My Wife was out last night with the girls, they we're all complaining about the hi price of gas/diesel,that people would not be able to afford to drive to work, blah,blah .

After a while my wife sugested that we should drill.

Her friends said "Oh now that would horribly bad for the envirionment, we can't do that!! blah,blah and on and on thay went. Then finaly she said " we'll quit complaining then and get used to hi prices !

P.S. some her friends are collage educated, guess they missed economics: law of supply and demand
Old 03-15-2008, 08:45 PM

Get used to these prices , world oil consumption is at an all time high , the US has only dwindling reserves left and the high reserves like colorado are hard to get and more expensive to get out of the ground . Canada is full out and many conventional drilling fields are dwindling most wells out here are SAGD = steam expensive , and water depression screw pumps 100x more expensive than pumpjack . China uses as much oil as the states almost already. They are building a tanker terminal in Kitimat BC to ship to china and india markets . Believe me if OPEC opens the taps it aint gonna flow much more than this as well as over work already strained fields. Oilsands projects are overworked and outages become further apart. Kiss cheap fuel goodbye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.