Biden spoke again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Biden spoke again

"Just buy a shotgun"

Paraphrasing: "You don't need 30 rounds, you don't need an AR15, they're harder to aim anyway. Just buy a shotgun. As I told my wife. "If there's trouble, just grab our double barrel and fire two rounds off the balcony. Anyone that wants in will leave, because the sound is scary". Just buy a shotgun people."

First off, he's an idiot, and we know this. Rifles are better for defense. Rifles are better for everything but concealed carry and shooting flying birds. But, I digress. I'm just throwing up the info to start the bickering process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm not going to get involved in the politics but I would rather my wife use a shotgun for defense.. You say a rifle is better and I agree in some instances but in close quarters I would take shotgun. Even the worst shot can hit somebody with a shotgun short range
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
to each their own but everyone owning shotguns isn't gonna be any better
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

No, not really. The spread on a shot gun requires aiming, just like a rifle. At 1" per yard, the spread isn't as magical as some believe. The bonus is more holes per trigger pull. That is great. The downside is slow follow-up shots, and magazine capacity. If only one, maybe two guys are trying to get at her, a shotgun will be fine. Planning for worst case would be several fearless crackheads. A shotgun would get a couple, but again, slow follow up shots and low capacity. Good hunting ammunition in a rifle cartridge would give great expansion, as well as 30+ fast follow up shots without a reload. Reloads are also quicker.

I don't think shotguns are worthless in the defense role, they do have a part, and I have one at the ready. A carbine is my go-to though. Shorter, lighter, less recoil, more rounds.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I forgot to take into account if hoards of crack heads came in. I also didn't account for the possibility of zombies cause in that case you'd want a sword to detach the head... Or if a burglar was trying to scratch my eyes out I would want to make sure I had nail clippers at the ready. You can never win in a gun argument. I should have not said anything.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wasn't trying to come across as a jerk, just add some humor and back out of the conversation. Carry on!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Not at all, I appreciate your input. If you truly feel a shotgun is best for your circumstance, who am I to argue. I just don't like blanket statements such as what Biden made saying that the shotgun is superior for all. It's not. I agree that it does have a role, it's just not the best for everyone.

I base my opinions on research and application. That's not to say that my opinion is the only right one, it's still an opinion.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Blasting a shotgun pop aint gonna do nothing against the gun carrying lifeless criminals breaking into your home.

Everytime Biden speaks a word he becomes more dumb and the people around him become less knowledgable.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

Just remember that when you start blazin .223 or .308 through your home that it will not stop in drywall. My choice will be my shotgun first also, but keep frangible in my mags for home defense!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Biden, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.