Do I have First Amendment Rights???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do I have First Amendment Rights????

These days, it seems the only people who have First Amendment rights are the people who are doing vile, disgusting, or wrong things.

I am a straight, white, Christian male. Lately, it seems I am wrong for being so. In the Army, we have Hispanic Month, Black History Month, Asian/Pacific Islander Month, and now we are told that June is Gay/Lesbian month. If I were to ask for a White history month, I would be labled a rascist. If I wanted a Straight History Month, I would be called a gay hater. If I were to ask to march in a Christian Parade in uniform, I would be told I would get in trouble for doing so.

Everyone wants to blame guns for the very tragic events that have taken place throughout our country over the last decade. Guns dont commit crimes. Idiots commit crimes. But even dumber people believe that taking guns away fixes the problem. The only people left with guns after a gun ban, are the people who dont follow the law anyhow. So now you simply disarmed those law abiding citizens and left them defenseless against armed criminals.

Additionally, for as long as I can recall, military members were not allowed to wear their uniforms in any demonstration supporting any cause/political event, ect. Earlier this month, the DOD put out a memorandum to all services informing them of a change to policy, allowing gays to march in the gay parade in San Francisco while in uniform. It blows my mind that the women in uniform breastfeeding were chastised by the military the way they were, but now gays can wear the uniform and march in the gay pride parade. (I dont think the women were right for what they did either, but what a dizzying double standard, with both events within a month or so of eachother).

Now, I read this article about Chik-Fil-A's owner, I believe, saying he supports the "biblical definition of a family", and everyone is blown away. The gays and lesbians are planning demonstrations, boycotts, you name it. Its plastered on facebook, yahoo, Fox, NBC. So this guy doesn't deserve to state his beliefs? Is everyone now supposed to cater to people who really believe that God, Mother Nature, Buddha, Science, whatever you want to believe, created humans to attempt pro-create with partners of the same sex?

If someone were to create a television channel called White Entertainment Television, would they get away with it, or would they be labeled a rascist for even mentioning it?

Dont get me wrong. I have no problem with BET, Gays/Lesbians, anyone of any race or religion. Everyone can do what they choose. My own wife is Asian, but she too agrees that things are out of control.

Almost every store I have been to in Georgia I get dirty looks when I walk in. The people who work at these stores seem to look at me and blame me for the Treyvon Martin debacle. As if I had anything to do with it. I was in Afghanistan fighting in a *&$%ed up war.

It seems to me my friends, that I have become the minority in this country, and I am unwanted here. Its almost a shame that I have given most of my life in service of a culture that thinks I cant get right, and apparently I don't have the same rights as the people who I was fighting to protect.

Last edited by BadMotherTrucker; 08-01-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very well said I feel the same way almost every day. By the way, thanks for your service.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I almost forgot. There is a video on yahoo news of a 6 year old kid giving reasons why Americans shouldnt vote for Obama. The comments that follow the yahoo story are almost all liberals calling for the kids parents' heads. Unbelievable. They were all saying much worse about President Bush in 2008.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Well said Sir!

My thanks as well for your service to this country - Regardless of how messed up it seems.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I feel the same frustration. I figure white, Christian males will be a minority in a few years and then it's time for our own affirmative action plans. NAAWP and all that.

I remember when the movie "White Men Can't Jump" was released. Kept thinking that there would be nationwide protests if "Black Men Can't Swim" was the movie instead.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:03 PM

True story.
Yesterday I went to workforce services to see about getting financial help to obtain my cdl, the requirements are simple, have no job, make under a certain amount per year and have a need To gain new employable skills in a high demand field, I met all criteria except the fact I have a degree in mechanics. So I have employable skills so I'm out of luck. Now while I'm sitting in the mans cubicle trying to figure this out there is a Hispanic guy next desk over. I speak enough Spanish to know what's happening btw. The man was there for the same reason I was. He had a job, wife had a job, he had a degree from somewhere back east and they approve him for training benefits. Hmm he didn't fit ANY criteria why was he approved and I wasn't? I ask why the hell that just happened and I was informed that Hispanic immigrants have different standards for getting benefits. I ask what they are and found out that he could make $75,000 a year (for me it had to be under $20,000) and have a masters and still qualify, I said well that's fine but if you look you will notice I was born in Norway, so in all reality I'm an immigrant does that change things? He said no its only that way for people from south of the border. I lost my chit and left! Just another fine example of how messed up things are and how the hard working Americans that contribute are treated like the minority. Now I get to pay $3000 to get my cdl (it will pay for itself so I'm not complaining about that) but the dude from Mexico gets it free because he was not born here. I didn't think that was cool because he has a way to pay for it. I don't. But I'll set up a payment plan with the school and pay for it for two years and high interest. O well. Welcome to merica!

What would I be doing right now if I didn't have an iPhone?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM

I posted this on another site a few months ago....

I am a bad American

I'm your worst nightmare. I'm a bad American. I like big trucks, big boobs, and big cigars. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid-level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack *****s popping out babies so they can get more welfare money. I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way. I believe no one every died because of something Ozzy Ozbourne, Metallica, or Marilyn Manson sang. I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer. I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason. I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. I believe that if you're selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English and I hate "Press 2 for Spanish." I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions. I think that fireworks should be legal everywhere on the 4th of July. I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite, sugar free, or fat free on the package. My heroes are John Wayne, the Simpsons, and whoever cancelled Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I don't hate the rich and I don't pity the poor. I believe politicians, terrorists, and the media are the lowest forms of life on the planet. I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it. I think global warming is a big lie. Where were all those experts when I was freezing my azz through a long winter? I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, or wandered 40 years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or crosses, or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut the fuk up. I want to know exactly which church it is where the Reverand Jesse Jackson preaches. And where he gets his money from. And why he's always part of the problem and not part of the solution. I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry azz if you're running from them. I also think they have the right to pull your azz over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are. I think if you're to stupid to know how a ballot works you shouldn't have a say in deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years. I worry about dying before I get even. I hate those bastards standing the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making donations to their cause. I think if you're in the passing lane and not passing, your license should be revoked and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise never to delay the rest of us again. I think beef jerky could quite possibly be the perfect food. I enjoy watching high speed pursuits. The more damage, the better. I think Dr. Seuss was a genius. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.

If this makes me a bad American, then yes, I'm a bad American. We need our country back.

-- Author unknown
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM

I saw a commercial about a dating website called blackpeoplemeet.com. I was pissed, because if I decided to create one called whitepeoplemeet.com I would get sued for racism in a heartbeat. Its upsetting! I should've tried signing up....

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes, Yes and Yes.....
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I used to have to order from McDonalds in Las Vegas in Spanish. If anyone on here is from there, Im talking about the one on Boulder Highway in Henderson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.