Put on your big boy, (and girl) pants, I'm ranting here. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Put on your big boy, (and girl) pants, I'm ranting here.

I don't condone one of the US troops going off and shooting 16 civilians in Afghanistan, now the people of Afghanistan are outraged and the Taliban is threatening us with more attacks, didn't the Taliban start this and Iraq and Afghanistan hide these cowards after the US asked for those countries to give up these killers. Didn't the people of those countries dance in the streets and burn American Flags celebrating the attacks of 9/11? Yet they complain because they lost 16 civilians, remember, WE, THE USA, lost 3,000 CIVILIANS on 9/11 because of who these countries hid within their borders. If the Taliban wants to threaten us, fuel up the B-1s and the B-52s , tell our boys, the rules of engagement are off, we playing by OUR rules now, pull out the press and end this crap. USA, USA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 PM

I agree. Our troops restricted by rules of engaugement is crap. Either in for the win or get the hell out. This started as a war on terrism and I am and was in full support, now its turned into a political war and our troops are being killed and injured (physicly and mentally) because they are in the middle.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 PM

They have lost way more than 3,000 people and they have every right to be pissed off that a soldier of an invading country came into their homes in the middle of the night and killed several entire unarmed families... Most of them women and young children. The Taliban and al-qaeda are the enemies not the civilian populations of Iraq and Afghanistan and doing something like that makes him no better in my book than those ignorant pos's that we were sent over there to fight. And as a soldier who served three tours in Iraq from 2004-2009 and one in Afghanistan in 2010-2011 I can tell you that while the roe makes it more dangerous and difficult for your everyday grunt it was put in place in response to trigger happy grunts getting spooked and shooting up civilians... Not to say that most situations weren't entirely justified but as most people know it only takes one dumb@$$ to ruin it for everyone else... I.e burning a ton of religious material or shooting up 16 women and children

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM

And there are ALWAYS rules of engagement... Even in OIF 2 we had rules of engagement... They just consisted of; If you feel threatened you are authorized to engage... Which of course led to guys lighting up stuff for no apparent reason and then just claiming "I felt threatened" which then ticked off the whole civilian population and led to more of them signing up to plant bombs and shoot at troops...

Old 03-11-2012, 09:46 PM

Its bad all the way around. Ive put time in hostile enviroments, I am a firm believer in all or nothing. Either do the job or get the hell out. I do not support or condone what this individual did nor killing unarmed civilians. I do beleive we are pissing in the wind over there.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:50 PM

Yep... Occupying is not what our military is designed for... Go in crush, kill, and destroy to the objective and then get out... We haven't been doing much good over there since the invasion was over

Old 03-11-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeXtreme04 View Post
They have lost way more than 3,000 people and they have every right to be pissed off that a soldier of an invading country came into their homes in the middle of the night and killed several entire unarmed families... Most of them women and young children. The Taliban and al-qaeda are the enemies not the civilian populations of Iraq and Afghanistan and doing something like that makes him no better in my book than those ignorant pos's that we were sent over there to fight. And as a soldier who served three tours in Iraq from 2004-2009 and one in Afghanistan in 2010-2011 I can tell you that while the roe makes it more dangerous and difficult for your everyday grunt it was put in place in response to trigger happy grunts getting spooked and shooting up civilians... Not to say that most situations weren't entirely justified but as most people know it only takes one dumb@$$ to ruin it for everyone else... I.e burning a ton of religious material or shooting up 16 women and children

i like your outlook, and the fact you are[were] a service member i really enjoyed reading what you had to say all the more. thanks for your service throughout the years.

now what i find moronic about this is all the people who voted for obama because he was ''better than the evil war monger bush, and better than the war mongering mc cain who wants to attack syria, and bomb iran'', and will vote for him again because ''he's a lesser of two evils, and won't bomb iran, syria, like the other guys, and ended the war in iraq!''. these same people protest the wars, and say let's get out of the middle east. how about you point the finger at obama? he's had 3 years to get us the hell out of there, and he hasn't. this happened on his watch! if this happened, and bush or a republican were in office they would be calling for their impeachment!

the president of aghanistan or whoever he is said he would side with iran if they went to war with us. why the hell didn't we pull the troops out then? obama takes credit for ending the war in iraq yet bush made that deadline the end of 2011. obama while campaigning said he wanted to be out of both iraq, and afghanistan in 16 months of taking office! that should have been may of 2010!

i don't know why we're still there, and i wish we weren't. i support all service members, but if you tell me i can't support them without supporting why they are there then sorry, but that's ridiculous.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i cant speak on the behalf of military member or what not but i do appreciate everyday that you guys/gals served for me. thank you. with that said i see how it was wrong and the military is going to take care of it, what about everyday where suicide bombers or radical scumbags blow up innocent catholics, busses, schools, and what not..... wheres the apology for these acts, that right there is none and it disgusts me to see our president show such sincerity for them when our own soldiers get killed and its just another day on the golf course for him, cant wait to rid the country of this parasite.

rant over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.