Why Can't Our Troops Get a Welcome Home??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why Can't Our Troops Get a Welcome Home???

Where is the gratitude for our troops these day?????????

Perry: Obama Should Have Held Parade to Honor Iraq Troops - Rebecca Kaplan - NationalJournal.com

Hmmm....

So where the heck is the gratitude and support from our so-called commander-in-chief???

Let alone the support to get Americans on board to welcome home the ones who sacrificed...

This gov't totally makes me disgusted!!!!

2012 is the time to make ammends to our fallen who made the ultimate sacrifice!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 11:34 PM

yeah it is a good question. it don't make sense.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
He doesn't like or respect us.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
While I am not siding with the administration, I am siding with the Pentagon on this one. When I first read it I was pretty hot but then I cooled off and actually thought about it. Iraq was but a stepping stone in the War on Terror. We are still at war. A lot of those troops coming home will see tours in Afghanistan or possible Syria or Iran. Like Bush 43 said you are either with us or you are against us.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:57 PM

^^^^^

Very true,it's far from over.

It just bugs me that people other than family of military members could care less...

Especially the administration...Odumbo should drop his 18 million dollar vacation money and give some type of a gratitude get-together of some sort...he should be using Air Force 1 to go around and do things like that.....

He should at least go around and say thanks and give an at-a-boy! to our troops if nothing less....but he won't do that at all....it's all about him!

When me and the guys I work with are out getting lunch and we see military in line with us,we buy them lunch and sit with them,it's a simple form of gratitude...then others in the place look at us like we're weird .....for doing something to petty...but makes them feel apreciated a little...

While just buying them lunch is petty to most.....people should at least start doing that to say thanks,because our gov't won't.

People walk past military people like they are wall paper..that bothers me and the guys I work with...
Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to OnTheBio
You're bltching about him spending 18 mil on a vacation but not about 12 mil an hour on war?

And then bltching about how they bring our deceased family members home from all these pointless wars that the United States feels the need to act as the world police?

Why don't you start by bltching about the war itself?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
US needs to start? The UN is behind most of these incursions. We just get the brunt of it because we are the only ones with a military sizeable enough to handle anything
Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
While I am not siding with the administration, I am siding with the Pentagon on this one. When I first read it I was pretty hot but then I cooled off and actually thought about it. Iraq was but a stepping stone in the War on Terror. We are still at war. A lot of those troops coming home will see tours in Afghanistan or possible Syria or Iran. Like Bush 43 said you are either with us or you are against us.
Yeah I agree.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBio View Post
You're bltching about him spending 18 mil on a vacation but not about 12 mil an hour on war?

And then bltching about how they bring our deceased family members home from all these pointless wars that the United States feels the need to act as the world police?

Why don't you start by bltching about the war itself?
Are you bltching about your freedoms...any and all?..Didn't think so

Guess what...this is where they come from....why don't you try thanking some one for that....

News flash!!!! There's NO DRAFT!! ALL VOLUNTARY!!!

So quit *****in about volunteers who save your arse!

Ok..are you working and paying for that 12 mil an hour war?...I am..

Sounds like they need to unhook the free internet in Occupy Atlanta

Or,you need to stop listening to people who relish the hippie era...namely..Liberals!

Do you slap your mom after she gives you your favorite cookie too?

What the heck is your problem???

It's obvious you have no idea why this country is the only true free country in the entire world
Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icysmooth View Post
Are you bltching about your freedoms...any and all?..Didn't think so

Guess what...this is where they come from....why don't you try thanking some one for that....

News flash!!!! There's NO DRAFT!! ALL VOLUNTARY!!!

So quit *****in about volunteers who save your arse!

Ok..are you working and paying for that 12 mil an hour war?...I am..

Sounds like they need to unhook the free internet in Occupy Atlanta

Or,you need to stop listening to people who relish the hippie era...namely..Liberals!

Do you slap your mom after she gives you your favorite cookie too?

What the heck is your problem???

It's obvious you have no idea why this country is the only true free country in the entire world
Ugh, keep believing that we are truly free. We used to be the only true free country in the entire world until about 1913. That is when the endless taxation, endless war and destruction of our civil liberties began. These wars are unconstitutional from the get go. And please save the "libtard" rhetoric for another day. I am a true conservative that stands up for that document called the Constitution, you know the thing that made us so great. Let's fight a war correctly, then our troops will have the welcome home they deserve. NO WARS UNLESS DECLARED BY THE CONGRESS BEFORE TROOPS ARE SENT THERE. If we fought a war correctly we would have a definition of victory, at which Troops could come home to the welcome parade they deserve.

Yes, we do have a volunteer army but that doesn't mean we have to be reckless with them and send them to die for an unconstitutional war that benefits no one other than the military industrial complex. And the argument that we are free because we blow up countries that do not do as we command is absurd. We have no right to dictate to other nations how to handle their government and their affairs.

OnTheBio is dead on, we need to start *****ing about these wars. They are destroying our economy and are very, very foolish.

One of my favorite quotes.

"Let me see if I get this right. We need to borrow $10 billion from China, and then we give it to Musharraf, who is a military dictator, who overthrew an elected government. And then we go to war, we lose all these lives promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean, what's going on here?"

- Dr. Ron Paul

You support that?

Please respond to this with a thoughtful message that isn't just insults.
Insulting other posters only makes you look foolish.

Last edited by Rashole; 01-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.