A slap in the face of America - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A slap in the face of America

What does $40 dollars mean the middle class...$160.00 a month!!!

That's a lot to most..and a no bill pay to others!!

Odumbo doesn't care...but preaches it..what a 2-faced SOB!!

!!**!!**!!...libtards are so STUPID!!...ESPECIALLY to follow this dumb-arse

No wonder why we are in this disaster

What $40 Means to President Obama: Treats for His Dog | CNSnews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think this fiasco by the House Republicans really botched things up for next year. The voices of a few outspoken members of the GOP got to Boehner and suddenly we have a stalemate. All it did was make common folks question whether the folks in Congress (specifically the GOP) even care WTF us "common folks" are going through.

I can see their point, but sometimes you HAVE to compromise. That's why it's called negotiation.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
I think this fiasco by the House Republicans really botched things up for next year. The voices of a few outspoken members of the GOP got to Boehner and suddenly we have a stalemate. All it did was make common folks question whether the folks in Congress (specifically the GOP) even care WTF us "common folks" are going through.

I can see their point, but sometimes you HAVE to compromise. That's why it's called negotiation.
Actually,no,a 2 month extension can't even work,it would take longer than 2 months to process through the system....

Once again,the Dems are playing the game...to make the GOP to be the bad guys...same old song and dance...

They should have held out...every one who watches this game knows..

While both sides are still corrupt..the GOP know's the TEA party is watching and they are becoming the majority for votes.

There will be no gov't shut down...that's just a scare tactic from the dems

The GOP needs to hold their ground...or it will be dems win as usual

Everything that is read is nothing more than a scare tactic from the DEMS>>

The main parts of the gov't will keep going with the monies needed..

The Dems are just flat out liying..as always

A world without Dems is no doubt a better world!!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Im not dem nor gop but a world without dems would be a f'ed up world from the gop.

I really think it is pathetic that these monkeys are all we have to vote for on either side of the line.

I have really come to dislike politics. Way more engergy trying to make the other guy look worse than himself. If they went to work with a sense of needing to earn they're paychecks, we might have some real accomplishment! They are too worried about re-elections!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You notice how when there is a republican president there is never any talk of a government shutdown?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 PM

boehner is doing a terrible job in my opinion. he's about as useless as pelosi seriously. the guy said something like if he wasn't doing what he was elected to do then he needs to be voted out. sound familiar? sounds like obama right?

well he's not doing what he was elected to do.

in his defense a republican house, and democratic senate makes for a real mess. i do think it worked out better for clinton, and gingrich though than obama, and boehner. clinton would lean when he had to unlike obama.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by Evil Eye
[QUOTE I can see their point, but sometimes you HAVE to compromise. That's why it's called negotiation.[/QUOTE]

No, no you don't. In theory it may sound great, but in reality you should not comprimise on issues that deal with principals or morals. We have been led to the water trough and taught the b.s. that both sides must meet in the isle on all issues, but they don't so why should we?

Where was the comprimise on Obamacare? Did they ask for GOP input? GOP "comprimise" is what has lead us to where we are now. Stick by your principals and govern that way. NO COMPRIMISE on issues that are the basis of your political beliefs. We are comprimising away all of our principals and I think this last one with the FICA killed the voter's opinion about our GOP representatives. Govern by consevative principals and don't be scared away by what you are told the so called independents want. They certainly don't want someone who is too scared to do what they were elected to do. Did anyone listen to the voters this past year's election?

The FICA two month extension wasn't a comprimise anyway. What did the GOP get in return based on what they were asking for? Nothing, they comprimised all the way to exactly what the Democratic Senate wanted. Where is the money to fund SS going to come from now? The GOP caved to a Dem election trick that the Dems wanted in order to look better this November.

Some things you just can not comprimise on - period. If you don't believe in something then you don't support it even in a watered down form - again period!

Say your wife wants to live in New York and you want to live in California. What to do? Comprimise and live half way in Kansas? No of coures not.

Shawn

Last edited by Cuzmail; 12-24-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzmail View Post
Say your wife wants to live in New York and you want to live in California. What to do? Comprimise and live half way in Kansas? No of coures not.
You ALWAYS have to compromise. The key is for both to be able to gain something from it or at the very least live with the compromise. In your example above, if my wife wants to live in New York and I want to live in California we either compromise my desire or hers. If I am the one compromising and we have to live in New York, while I may not be happy with it, perhaps we can work something out where I can live with the compromise.

In the case of politics, I think both sides have dug their feet in on some things which, frankly don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Two months allows the American people to continue for two more months with no tax increase. REGARDLESS of how laughable it is to implement a payroll tax increase in just two months (assuming we get to a stalemate position again), we, the American people, have gotten two more months. For me and my wife, that's roughly $200/month, which could mean the difference in me not being able to pay a bill, put fuel in the truck, or helping my adult daughter who just moved back in with me.

The GOP botched it because their strategy was simply to dig in and demand a 1 year extension at the 11th hour. Really? The Senate had already been dismissed. Did they really think that the Senate would hop back on planes to fly back to DC to negotiate a last minute compromise to extend it to a year? Additionally, the GOP did include the Keystone rider into the bill to force the Dems (pardon the football terminology) on 4th and long to go for it or punt the ball.

Spin it all you want, there is fault on BOTH SIDES and politics should not be akin to a religious war in that, we cannot compromise. We must stand by our principles, but we continually spin things together to make them something that they are not. The Health Care bill has provisions in it that are unconstitutional, but forcing the insurance companies to do the right thing by not dropping coverage on someone who finds out they have an "expensive" or terminal disease is just the "right thing to do". Those are the principles that should guide us. NOT trying to figure out which political faction or lobbyist will put the most money into our reelection fund.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Geez dude - you could have cured cancer with that post.

Oh and you know I'm dead in the middle of KXL - the POTUS is making this a statement. I PERSONALLY see the hit on us as a COUNTRY Buddy.
But I do agree with your other points.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslinger View Post
Geez dude - you could have cured cancer with that post.

Oh and you know I'm dead in the middle of KXL - the POTUS is making this a statement. I PERSONALLY see the hit on us as a COUNTRY Buddy.
But I do agree with your other points.
LMAO! Yeah, I know, buddy. Something about this whole mess is pi$$ing me off something fierce. We didn't do ourselves any favors with trying to dig our heals in on this one. We only succeeded in giving him a stupid little smirk as he signed the extension.

We lost the battle but we CANNOT lose the war.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.