Sleeves Down Marines! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sleeves Down Marines!

Just seeing how the Marines on here feel about the new sleeves policy as per CMC GEN Amos. Personally, I don't like it. It's tradition, it sets the Marine Corps apart from everyone else. I think that sleeves down in the field is perfectly fine, but out of the field, I think it makes the utility uniform just look more squared away. Granted the Navy "rolls" theirs too, but I figured I'd see how the fellas and ladies on here feel about it. Feel free to comment; this is also open to those in other branches, I'm interested in hearing everybody's input.

Corps Ends Rolled Sleeves Policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 08:26 AM

I will start by saying I am not in the service (biggest regret of my life, I wish I had went into the Marines after HS)

But I think its dumb, I think it looks good with the sleeves up and also, I HATE long sleeves, whenever I wear long sleeves, I roll them up. If done right, it looks really good.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:29 AM

Never been a marine. But when I was in the army I was always jealous of you guys being able to roll them up..i think it's dumb that you can't anymore
Old 10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Not having been a Marine, but being around them aboard ship, it seemed to be a personal preference. Some rolled, some didn't. It's weird they would change something as simple as that.

It's like Sailors wear crackerjacks, but the Admiral in charge just before I went in changed the uniform to a suit type uniform "to look like the other services". Just as I was getting out (1980), they reversed that policy and sailors went back to crackerjacks. You could always distinguish a sailor from others and I wanted to wear the crackerjacks, but no.....

So...we'll see, this might or might not get reversed later - It may depend on who's in the big chair for the Corps at the Pentagon.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:03 AM

I think it goes against tradition, in the Seabee's we pretty much have the same uniform standards as the Marines and we still roll the sleeves. But it too may go away since the Navy has a way of trying to keep things in unison between the Bee's and the Marines.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Serving Our Country!

If it was up to me, Our sleeves would be up year round. Always liked it better that way. And it's always good to hear a fellow Bee's opinion.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSW View Post
If it was up to me, Our sleeves would be up year round. Always liked it better that way. And it's always good to hear a fellow Bee's opinion.
It makes for a sharper looking uniform for sure, and its not like you cant wear your field jacket in the winter if you wanted. But the Bee's uniforms will be changing too I heard to a digi pattern camo (not the auqaflage ) , and I don't really like the brushless boots with the woodlands cami's either but I don't miss polishing my leathers HaHa.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
It makes for a sharper looking uniform for sure, and its not like you cant wear your field jacket in the winter if you wanted. But the Bee's uniforms will be changing too I heard to a digi pattern camo (not the auqaflage ) , and I don't really like the brushless boots with the woodlands cami's either but I don't miss polishing my leathers HaHa.
Man I tell you what. I definitely don't miss the polish stained towels either, but looking back on the black leather boots. I kind of like the tan one better. The new print is rediculous. Looks like a horrible Microsoft Paint drawing. There is a page on FB called, "Move the Seabee Patch Back", that shows the top. Completely dis like.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSW View Post
Man I tell you what. I definitely don't miss the polish stained towels either, but looking back on the black leather boots. I kind of like the tan one better. The new print is rediculous. Looks like a horrible Microsoft Paint drawing. There is a page on FB called, "Move the Seabee Patch Back", that shows the top. Completely dis like.
Never seen that, WTF is that about? I had a trick for the boots to make the polish last longer though, I'd take some mop and glo with teflon and use it on a cotton ball after polishing and it makes the shine really glossy and last longer.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

Neat trick! About the page; "Our" Patch is moved to the opposite pocket, no more collar devices (now worn like the Army), and the print is a mix of the Marines and Army pattern. Best I can describe it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.