Wall Street Protesters in Pittsburgh - Issue :) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 AM
NOT a Democrat

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Wall Street Protesters in Pittsburgh - Issue :)

So I got to work this morning and started to run some reports. After about an hour, I realize it is Saturday and its early. I decide I need coffee badly. I walk from the strip district into down town Pittsburgh to Crazy Mocha (by the Free Markets Building). The city is starting to barricade up for the Wall-Street protesters. Today is also the abortion protesters. So on one side of the street there are wall street hippies and on the other side there are the abortion people. I am on the side with the religious people walking. The other side people are swearing really bad at these men and women (f word/C word). So I made a comment to one of the priests. I said ďitís amazing, they are mad at you for protecting babies. They donít like capital punishment but they donít mind abortionÖ. So let me get this right, they are ok killing someone who hasnít even been alive to do anything wrong but they want criminals to walkÖ.thatís logicalĒ.

Now I am back on my way so I thought. Now I am wearing jeans, boots and a hoodie that says Power Stroke Diesel on it real big. As I am walking I hear hey Diesel. I look back, someone is yelling at me about rape and dieses (thinking I am with the abortion people I guess).

I go to get my coffee and donít want to cause any issues. Now walking back 

These people (I have no clue if they are the same ones that were yelling at me before) are now within inches of me. A guy is chanting and gets close to me. I stop and ask what the hell he is doingÖ.. This is how it played:

Colin (me): What are you even doing here?
Wall-Street Protester: We are here to stop corporate greed and we want big companies to stop getting breaks while we donít work.
Colin (me): Breaks? What do you mean?
Wall-Street Protester: The companies that are in bed with the government and Republicans donít pay taxes, its not fair.
Colin (me): First of all, donít say Republican and Govt in the same sentence, it doesnít make sense. 2nd, there are no companies that really pay taxes.
Wall-Street Protester: Some donít, others do.
Colin (me): Look, I donít feel like giving an economics class at 10am on the street but there is no corporate god that pays taxes, they taxes and fees are passed on to the consumer, get it, price goes up people donít buy. It doesnít make sense.
Wall-Street Protester: WellÖ.. most of the CEOs are rich pigs that should die because they are rich and we donít have jobs.
Colin (me): Let me get this right, you are mad at the person who has created all the jobs, most ceos are in the 60s and 70s and have worked themselves almost to death to get where they are. You are mad at them and they should give up their money they earned.
Wall-Street Protester: I donít care how old they are, its greed to have millions of dollars.
Colin (me): Nice Steelers Jersey, (#43)
Wall-Street Protester: Lets go Steelers
Colin (me): SO are you mad at polamalu?
Wall-Street Protester: No, why would I be?
Colin (me): He is a millionaire, do you want him to die and do you want him to share his money?
Wall-Street Protester: You donít know what you are talking aboutÖ..then walked away

After this, I kept walking with a smile on my face. A cop who was across the street came over and said ďNICE! Today is going to be a long day for me huh?Ē I said I donít think these people cause a threat. He stated there were a few walking up behind me. He then asked if my boots were steel toe, I said yes. Cop: Wouldnít have been an issue then.

This could have been the funniest Saturday in Down Town Pittsburgh ever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Yup thats about their understanding of econ and business. They have none
Old 10-15-2011, 09:05 AM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Seems like 75% of people that are out protesting don't understand what they are doing or what they stand for.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:46 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Jack asses.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by late_99_PSD View Post
Seems like 75% of people that are out protesting don't understand what they are doing or what they stand for.
OK, you hit the nail on the head. The "Occupy" movement can't rely on informed followers. If they did, there would be no support because in reality it makes no sense. They call on anyone who is frustrated with the direction of our country for whatever reason and say " Side with us and you will be heard. We will give you an equal voice". The protesters aren't smart enough to realize that if you take away all the incentive to create jobs and only allow everyone to have the same no matter how hard they work, people will stop creating and we'll really be screwed. These people are idiots. They are the lazy, unmotivated masses controlled by the Democratic party who are killing our country.

I'm just sayin'
Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Received this picture today and thought it was priceless.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 PM

SOOO true! that's funny
Old 10-16-2011, 09:49 PM

Was sent another picture from what was supposedly Occupy London and it showed a Starbucks (5 bucks as I like to call it) with probably 60+ protestors lined up out the door waiting for coffee. Didn't post it because the picture was massive and took up the entire screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.