Ron Paul....WTF?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ron Paul....WTF??

I have a whole new opinion of Ron Paul,and it ain't good

He defends a terrorist,USA hater,wants to kill us...courts are out!

He makes me worry.

News from The Associated Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 08:17 PM

ron paul is turning soft. i used to really like him, but he's softened up on this. first ''killing osama was completely unnecessary'' and now a softened illegal immigration policy. i think you yourself said it not long ago. what was it something like

''ron paul has lost his brain, and never to be back''?

while i appreciate his demeanor, and opting out of the federal pension plans i find that classy, but he's going real soft. if ron paul hadn't turned so soft, and was 10 years younger he might have been a good president, and a good contender to obama.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=1997f-350;2690794]ron paul is turning soft. i used to really like him, but he's softened up on this. first ''killing osama was completely unnecessary'' and now a softened illegal immigration policy. i think you yourself said it not long ago. what was it something like

''ron paul has lost his brain, and never to be back''?

Hmm,I don't recall that,but after reading I can believe that

He used to make some sense,but now,he's loosing it.

Hmm,yeah,that was probably me

Bottom line...this joker isn't the one to help us get back on track,however Rand looks pretty good in the future...but I don't see like father like son though....Rand has more common sense...well,at least for now
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 AM
Serving Our Country!

i dont think this makes him look weak or out of touch, no different than john adams imo.

John Adams and the Boston Massacre - John Adams and John Preston
Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
He said America's leaders must think hard about "assassinating American citizens without charges."
Do you debate that this is not true?

What happens when our government starts blowing us up on U.S. soil?

Would you be bothered then? No trial, just BOOM....he's a terrorist, so it's OK. It's like the "Patriot" Act, it allows the government to say "we think he's a terrorist so we can violate his Constitutionally protected rights."

Nope, doesn't work like that.

In case you forgot, our own government has already stated that the biggest threat of domestic terrorism is MILITARY VETERANS.

And I still DO NOT believe the whole truth was given on Osama. IF they really found and killed him in that compound, why didn't they bring the body home?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Do you debate that this is not true?

What happens when our government starts blowing us up on U.S. soil?

Would you be bothered then? No trial, just BOOM....he's a terrorist, so it's OK. It's like the "Patriot" Act, it allows the government to say "we think he's a terrorist so we can violate his Constitutionally protected rights."

Nope, doesn't work like that.

In case you forgot, our own government has already stated that the biggest threat of domestic terrorism is MILITARY VETERANS.

And I still DO NOT believe the whole truth was given on Osama. IF they really found and killed him in that compound, why didn't they bring the body home?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean...you're jumping between different events...can you break it down some?

I know you like Ron...it's just a discussion...not tryin' to ruffle feathers

I like you bud,and like reading what you post...don't want to knock heads with ya !
Old 10-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by icysmooth View Post
I'm not sure exactly what you mean...you're jumping between different events...can you break it down some?

I know you like Ron...it's just a discussion...not tryin' to ruffle feathers

I like you bud,and like reading what you post...don't want to knock heads with ya !
The quote was from the AP article you posted.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's a slippery slope. Yes, they were terrorists, and yes, they deserve to die. But I think what RP is saying is they are still U.S. citizens. And the government assassinating citizens in that manor leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

My point was our government has already stated that they are watching our own citizens, particularly veterans, and with unconstitutional laws like the "Patriot" act they can already violate our rights by declaring someone a "possible terrorist."

Yes, it IS a jump, but doesn't seem like a far one to me. Always be vigilant. Politicians and Judges are CONSTANTLY eroding our rights and freedoms.

NEVER make the mistake of believing that the government has YOUR best interest in mind.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Basically what I'm saying is that it's a slippery slope. Yes, they were terrorists, and yes, they deserve to die. But I think what RP is saying is they are still U.S. citizens. And the government assassinating citizens in that manor leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

My point was our government has already stated that they are watching our own citizens, particularly veterans, and with unconstitutional laws like the "Patriot" act they can already violate our rights by declaring someone a "possible terrorist."

Yes, it IS a jump, but doesn't seem like a far one to me. Always be vigilant. Politicians and Judges are CONSTANTLY eroding our rights and freedoms.

NEVER make the mistake of believing that the government has YOUR best interest in mind.

Amen. Never trust you government, EVER. They can and will erode your liberties every chance they get.

I know people have a rough time accepting the theory of blow back with regards to American Foreign Policy. But if you really think about, what would you do if someone came and bombed your town. They killed your entire family and had a military base 5 miles from your house. They patrolled your streets and led coups against your democratically elected government. What would you do? This is just an objective questions. I AM NOT justifying terrorism. It cannot be justified. But think about it, what would you do?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It's like the Red scare of the 60's with communism. It's cyclical. Any threat is an infringement on American livelihood. As soon as people start recognizing a multi-party system I will regain faith in the US political system..
Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:

Oh,ok,I get that now,I just wanted to make sure before I responded and looked stupid for doing so

You're right,they are trying to take freedoms and impose big-brother actions....but need to focus on real problems...veterans are just an excuse the left loves to use...that's why the left is retarded...parents shouldn't try to reproduce on Crack!!

The Patriot act,please correct me if I'm wrong, was to tap cell phones?

It is an invasion of privacy no doubt,I don't agree with it...but they need to think about targets,not Joe Smoe

In Alawarky"s;I know I spelled it wrong,this (only in my opinion-not the gov't ) is a different kind of case.

He was calling for recruits for islam and for destruction of the infadels of the US and any other country....meaning men,women,children...for no reason other than not following his belief,and had you-tubes by the dozens to get more and do more,and kill more innocent people.

That to me is not a US citizen,maybe by birth,but not by what he felt,or what he believed,he'd been in Yemen several years now,organizing our fate.

That is the difference that I see.....I don't depend on the gov't...that's for sure

Our case is way different,we're just cussin' the jack-arses in office...we aren't publicly threatening to plot a kill for them...just wipe them at the polls...a vote...not a bomb or gun shot like alwarky is saying...

If they pulled that over here against people like us who are just cussin' them....then they should start wiping out the protesting liberals,but that hasn't happened yet...so we're safe

Alwarky was a very serious threat,equivalent to a cop that some one threatens and he shoots...no court there either really.

When lives are threatened by an individual, measures are taken...this guy was bad,and made himself well known to be as such...that was my point

I respect what you're sayin' bud

It's just not the world we grew up in...wish it was though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.