Unions at it again Part II - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unions at it again Part II

Republicans Barred From Labor Day Parade As Wisconsin Union Fight Simmers | FoxNews.com

I want to be the parade crasher, much like the wedding crasher. I want to tow a fith wheel trailer with my truck loaded with hard working conservatives, throwing candy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 AM
The Silent Service

If I was that mayor, I'd be pulling all city funding from the event.

This is getting out of hand really, workers paid by the taxpayer don't have a right to Unionize and abuse the taxpayer. These Unions, every one of them, need to be dispanded. At this point, if there is any unsafe working condition or labor issue, it can be handled by regulation through our elected officials. The Unions have outlived thier uselfullness.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says | Reuters

The mayor of Wausau told them if they did this they have to reimburse the city for the full cost of the parade
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 AM

I was just reading this story before I checked in on the Org. This kind of crap pisses me off. At least the mayor is doing the right thing!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks Dave for posting the other link up. My computer was causing some grief. I was abound to get to it. But anyways to give you further info, everyone is now able to attend and participate. It still burns my arse knowing these people are still trying to control the show.

Just absolute crybabies.

http://wsau.com/news/articles/2011/a...or-day-parade/
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

More positive proof of Walkers reform

Teacher pay cuts put off painful austerity measures for Madison schools - Isthmus | The Daily Page
Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

since i got a break for lunch i need to share something that makes me laugh. i know a guy a little bit. i don't know him real well, and we aren't friends, but i know he was a big shot with the republicans in local politics. he was the presidents of the republican party in his town, and maybe he still is. i don't think he is, but he once was. he is also a county sergeant corrections officer down at his county jail. he's got some stuff on his facebook like some group he belongs to. i think it's something like ''NJ POLICE, FIREFIGHTERS, AND TEACHERS AGAINST GOV CHRISTIE'S PENSION PLAN REFORM'' or something along those lines.

it makes me laugh he also has another i hate christie or something group he belongs to. i think he has a few. it just makes me laugh though he's a conservative until it's convenient for him. i'm sure he doesn't like money being wasted, and getting raped with his federal taxes, but when it comes to the municipalities squeezing everyone for local property taxes he doesn't seem to mind. i sympathize with the pensions with them, because they paid into it. it's like social security though. it's not guaranteed to be there.

what i don't like is when these people refuse to take a pay FREEZE, not a pay cut, but a pay FREEZE. they march if they have to pay the measely 1.5% of their healthcare costs which come out to less than a grand a year with everything paid for. why are public workers allowed to have a union in the first place? this makes me angry. it's not the pensions, or the pay that bothers me it's the fact that the towns are in bad shape, they won't take just a pay freeze for a year or 2, they won't pay 1.5% into benefits. i mean come on seriously? you gotta see these towns. streets are covered in potholes, the police are paid over $100k grand a year to write traffic tickets. i mean seriously there needs to be reform in this.

i deal with it in my town. property taxes are like over $5k grand for me or something this year. i call up town, and ask them to fix the potholes on my street that have been there for at least the 10 years i been here. they tell me ''sir there isn't enough money in budget right now. if you want them fixed then you need to vote yes on a property tax increase on the ballot''. are you kidding me? i really don't think 90% of the local citizens in town are gonna vote yes to anymore property tax increases when they are already overinflated. i do have to say though the streets are promptly plowed when it snows. can't say the same about some of these towns in jersey.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well,you will have your fence-jumpers...all in the name of their pockets..they claim a party or belief,but that's just a load of BS

Let's look at Gov't jobs..some needed....most not!!!

Then combine unions with the most needed...recipe for disaster

Here's the bottom line...these union,gov't cry babies want the tax payer to fund them because they don't make enough pay.....

Did any one stamp them on the head and said that's what they have to do as a career????

They knew the pay before they got in...they knew the bennies

They chose their destiny and can live with it ...or get another better paying job!!!

And quit crying about it!! DO something about it and stop milking people from selfishness....you made your own bed...now lay in it

Sorry..but fact is fact

The gov't is broke...we are broke...if these people are SO smart..they should have seen this coming...guess they SOOO smart!..yeah,right!

I just wish liberals and union workers would wake up and realize they are only being used by the leaders and they don't care about them one bit...they just want the money to stay in power...they brag the followers are all idiots with money...not my words,THEIRS!!

It's amazing what you hear through closed doors when they don't know you're listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.