11th circuit court of appeals Obamacare unconstitutional - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
11th circuit court of appeals Obamacare unconstitutional

(Reuters) - An appeals court ruled on Friday that President Barack Obama's healthcare law requiring Americans to buy healthcare insurance or face a penalty was unconstitutional, a blow to the White House.

The Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, found that Congress exceeded its authority by requiring Americans to buy coverage, but also ruled that the rest of the wide-ranging law could remain in effect.

The legality of the so-called individual mandate, a cornerstone of the healthcare law, is widely expected to be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. The Obama administration has defended the provision as constitutional.
Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law | Reuters

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

"Uh....we cain't raise no taxes....so...uh...we'll get 'em with this here "You Gotta buy this" clause!!"

Jeez.... Some people are barely making it now. The government wants to force people to buy (or be fined) - What the heck are they to give up to pay that? Food / gas to get to work?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 PM
MARSOC > Seals

slowly getting there
Old 08-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah, one big cut would be repealing Odumbo care

I thought he said all new laws would be deficit-neutral....demtards don't lie...do they?

This is a good start though and a smack in his face
Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 PM
The Silent Service

I'm not holding my breath, this particular bill needs to get upto the Supreme Court, like yesterday.

You've got 2/3 of employeers saying they'll be dropping thier coverage and forcing their workers onto this plan.

You're gonna air drop 4 mil americans into a health care system, without plan 1 of getting enough nurses and doctors on staff to handle everyone.

You're gonna pay for it by this Federal Mandate... need I go on.

I've got a better Idea, instead of all this panty-anty BS, paying the attorneys and judges in these lower courts and taking all the wasted time debating these bills before thier ultimately shot down. They should go from the POTUS desk, straight to the US Supreme Court for a decision of Consitutionallity within 14 days of being signed. Put the checks-and-balances back into our system!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
I'm not holding my breath, this particular bill needs to get upto the Supreme Court, like yesterday.

You've got 2/3 of employeers saying they'll be dropping thier coverage and forcing their workers onto this plan.

You're gonna air drop 4 mil americans into a health care system, without plan 1 of getting enough nurses and doctors on staff to handle everyone.

You're gonna pay for it by this Federal Mandate... need I go on.

I've got a better Idea, instead of all this panty-anty BS, paying the attorneys and judges in these lower courts and taking all the wasted time debating these bills before thier ultimately shot down. They should go from the POTUS desk, straight to the US Supreme Court for a decision of Consitutionallity within 14 days of being signed. Put the checks-and-balances back into our system!

Well said!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
"Uh....we cain't raise no taxes....so...uh...we'll get 'em with this here "You Gotta buy this" clause!!"

Jeez.... Some people are barely making it now. The government wants to force people to buy (or be fined) - What the heck are they to give up to pay that? Food / gas to get to work?
yup not to mention gas, and food are up enough, because odumbo put a moratorium on drilling. don't get me wrong i don't think it's obama's fault that gas prices are rising now. i just think it's time to use our resources.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Yeah,but he himself and all his left libtard ,tree-hugging followers absolutely despise oil,coal and natural gas.

The reason deep water Horizon was so far off shore is because the leftists through politics made them put it there,then gave them a federal safety award...then Boom-!!!! Up in smoke and the major oil leak began.....right after Odumbo said he wanted to explore...then slapped his un-rightful moratorium on drilling.

You know some one took the fall and left a family BIG-BUCKS for blowing themself/ves up on that rig...the timing was too perfect

And now Odumbo just signed an executive order that big rigs need to get better fuel mileage,not sure of the dead-line year.

This will kill the trucking industry..or worse,rape us as final consumers,or all of the above

What ever happened to congress making these rules...this is the second time this arsewipe has done this....so yeah...I put FULL blame on shoulders

This jackazz needs to learn his place in the "peoples house"..it don't belong to his sorry arse
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 PM

i've just had it with all these bs policies. i drive a little box that gets 35 mpg, but guess what? that's my choice, and it works well for me. the minute they start shoving this crap down our throats, and FORCING people to buy this car, and that car.

if i'm correct ford's best selling vehicle is the f-150 pickup! odumbo can do his ''i know what's best, and i know what you really think whether you admit it or not'' he's full of crap. like i said i got a little economy car, because with the long commuting i have 34 mpg is way better, and cheaper for me than 14 mpg. if i didn't have such a long drive i would love to use the 7.3 as a daily driver again like i used to. oh i know i supposed i should have bought a house closer, or chose to live closer to work huh? ha! unless gas/diesel were up to $8-$10 bucks a gallon the commute is better for me, and easier on my wallet than having bought a house for $150k grand+ more. they already took over health care, and i have no doubt the automotive industry, and food is next.

i don't care if moochelle thinks our kids should eat better. that's up to us not her. we need to monitor, and police our own children not her. i can eat whatever the hell i want. if i choose to be unhealthy that's my problem. i can't stand smoking, and i hate it. if people wanna be unhealthy, and smoke or abuse alcohol that's their problem. not moochelle, not the state, not the federal government. it's nobody's business. so odumbo can continue to drive around in his 8 mpg motorcade, and tell us we need to drive something better and eat bad food while he, and his wife force their agenda on the people, and he can keep smoking while he forces all this health crap down the people's throats.

i like being able to drive what i want, i like my health care now. i wish it were way cheaper, but odumbo care made it go up twice as much this year more than it did last year before all that crap was passed. i like being able to eat bad food, and having my own freewill to not eat bad food if i choose not to. unless you ride a bicycle everywhere or live at your college dorm i can't see why you would be okay with worrying able drilling in brazil, and not using our own resources. whether you are a liberal or not. alright rant over for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.