Enough is enough! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Enough is enough!

No more career politicians!!!!!

Subject: Amendment to Constitution

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3
months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That
was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc. Of
the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to
become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.

I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty
people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the
message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when
they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security
system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system,
and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for
any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans
do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay
will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the
same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American
people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective
1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen.
Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is
an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators,
so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take
three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it
is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
The Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That would be a start Nick, but I've even got a better solution that doesn't require a politician to get involved.

Voters show up and make sure these idiots aren't Voted back into office time and time again!

After two terms fire the Bums at the ballot box, and be done with it.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
That would be a start Nick, but I've even got a better solution that doesn't require a politician to get involved.

Voters show up and make sure these idiots aren't Voted back into office time and time again!

After two terms fire the Bums at the ballot box, and be done with it.
How about term limits! 2 years, and you don't get the option to run again!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 AM
The Silent Service

Senate is a longer term, I agree that career and politician should never be in the same sentence though.

There are those individuals that do really great work for their first two terms (Regan, for example) so I believe there should be that option for the voter to re-elect someone, once.

However, we'll never see term limits set by those in office. It's gonna have to come from the state legislatures or the voters themselves as a Referendum.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i'm very glad to see this brought up. people often times forget about all the entitlements politicians receive. it's something though that neither party wants to scrap, and they'll never vote to not give themselves a pay raise. neither side. also these pensions forget about it. if you're voted out after 4 or 6 years or if you're voted out at all you don't deserve a pension. if you're fired from your job do you get to receive your pension? NO! i don't have anymore respect for these politicians than someone collecting welfare. also talk about debt. it can be argued that the politicians salaries, benefits, pensions, perks, etc don't cause as much of a drain as entitlement programs, but after so many years this is gonna cause a lot of trouble. every one of them who retires you figure is gonna get a pension payout for the rest of their lives! both bush's , carter, and clinton are already getting something like $140k-$150k pensions a year! not only just them, but everyone voted out or everyone who can't run again! not as much as those guys maybe, but still it's a drain!

this is what burns my ***. federal workers like postal workers, or the guys working for nasa, and other government sectors have to pay into their retirement, and health benefits! shouldn't we be making these people in office pay at least 30%? they should be paying more than that, but still come on! this is probably the only issue that everyone can agree on whether they are liberal or conservative. cut off the politicians entitlements!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 AM

the system is rigged to fail, so it doesn't matter who you elect. You could get George Washington's ghost elected and he could be no more than a temporary speed bump.

We started out with a House of Representatives and a Senate. The representatives of "The People" would come up with all manner of crazy s#!t and the representatives of the states would say "NO".

Today, we have perverted the Senate into a second House, so they compete with each other to see who can bribe me with my own money the most.

So until and unless the 17th Amendment gets some serious attention, and we are talking about repealing it, I am not getting too excited about ANYTHING being considered, because it's all a waste of time.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f-350 View Post
i'm very glad to see this brought up. people often times forget about all the entitlements politicians receive. it's something though that neither party wants to scrap, and they'll never vote to not give themselves a pay raise. neither side. also these pensions forget about it. if you're voted out after 4 or 6 years or if you're voted out at all you don't deserve a pension. if you're fired from your job do you get to receive your pension? NO! i don't have anymore respect for these politicians than someone collecting welfare. also talk about debt. it can be argued that the politicians salaries, benefits, pensions, perks, etc don't cause as much of a drain as entitlement programs, but after so many years this is gonna cause a lot of trouble. every one of them who retires you figure is gonna get a pension payout for the rest of their lives! both bush's , carter, and clinton are already getting something like $140k-$150k pensions a year! not only just them, but everyone voted out or everyone who can't run again! not as much as those guys maybe, but still it's a drain!

this is what burns my ***. federal workers like postal workers, or the guys working for nasa, and other government sectors have to pay into their retirement, and health benefits! shouldn't we be making these people in office pay at least 30%? they should be paying more than that, but still come on! this is probably the only issue that everyone can agree on whether they are liberal or conservative. cut off the politicians entitlements!

This is a perfect example of why politics needs to be destroyed,and career politicians when finished can go flip burgers at micky-D's or what ever they did before serving public office

Term limits have become a needed must due to system abusers...just look at what they have done and want to do...

We get no representation from our jokers in Congress...they only watch their own arses.....

It's time to flush the DC toilet of turds and start from scratch

Good luck with that ,right?

More people need to wake the hell up before that could ever happen.....

Also,colleges need to shut down as well before all of this.....heck..kids are smarter BEFORE they go to college these days in the libtard college world....that's where stupidity is taught
Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Is it true that the politicians get a retirement pension after one term and collect it right away. Kind of like the retirement for military after 20 years. And even military retirement is up for debate now adays
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentstdi View Post
Is it true that the politicians get a retirement pension after one term and collect it right away. Kind of like the retirement for military after 20 years. And even military retirement is up for debate now adays
yes it's true. trust me they will take military retirement away long before they take their own away. it wouldn't be too smart cause the military presently serving, and retired is bigger than the crew in dc. it's time we control these people, and they stop controlling us. we're supporting them, and they work for us.

you figure jimmy carter has been out of office 30 years now. he's getting 1 $140000 grand a year pension. 30 years now! i don't know for sure, but i'm pretty sure it goes up every year, and the percentage of the raise congress gets is the cost of living adjustment the pensions get for those retired. don't know for sure, but i'm pretty sure. pretty certain of it.

let's put aside how awful carter was for a second. regardless 30 years is a long time. bush sr has been out almost 20 years, and he's getting it, and clinton has been out for 10 years, and he gets it. bush jr gets it too.

they all get it though. your state senators who are retired are getting one one way or another, and so are your retired governors, representatives, etc. they also get cadillac health care plans. no medicare for them. cadillac health plans that pay for everything from all prescriptions, and sex change operations paid in full at no cost! they aren't contributing to it either!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f-350 View Post
yes it's true. trust me they will take military retirement away long before they take their own away. it wouldn't be too smart cause the military presently serving, and retired is bigger than the crew in dc. it's time we control these people, and they stop controlling us. we're supporting them, and they work for us.

you figure jimmy carter has been out of office 30 years now. he's getting 1 $140000 grand a year pension. 30 years now! i don't know for sure, but i'm pretty sure it goes up every year, and the percentage of the raise congress gets is the cost of living adjustment the pensions get for those retired. don't know for sure, but i'm pretty sure. pretty certain of it.

let's put aside how awful carter was for a second. regardless 30 years is a long time. bush sr has been out almost 20 years, and he's getting it, and clinton has been out for 10 years, and he gets it. bush jr gets it too.

they all get it though. your state senators who are retired are getting one one way or another, and so are your retired governors, representatives, etc. they also get cadillac health care plans. no medicare for them. cadillac health plans that pay for everything from all prescriptions, and sex change operations paid in full at no cost! they aren't contributing to it either!
But you don't hear anyone from media reporting this why? Because they would be cutting off their own hands per se. Not once did term limits or pension cuts come up in this debt debate. I am so tee'd off about that is makes me wanna puke. What does a company do when times are tough? They down size and look for cheaper insurance, benefits etc or flat out get rid of benefits. These people are not living within their means. They see this constant influx of cash (not theirs, but they like spending it anyways), and if they agree to take .001% of it, we won't notice, but it all adds up. If it was their own money, they would be more frugal, but since it is not, hey it is party time!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.