gm ceo wants higher gas prices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gm ceo wants higher gas prices

'Government Motors' CEO Wants Higher Gas Taxes - GM< General Motors - Fox Nation

this piss anyone else off as much as me? who is this piece of sh!t to think we should have to bow down to him, and answer his demands? have never owned a gm aside from an old 53 chevy pickup i got in my garage, but if the bailout wasn't enough to make you never wanna buy another maybe this will be. i'm tired of all these environmental nuts! they're interfering with the way we live, and they're going too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
REALLY? That makes absolutely no sense at all.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

He wants to screw over the citizens who kept his company going? Well, that's biting the hand that feeds ya!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 PM

gm already got enough of our money from the bailout, and i know he wasn't with gm at the time of the bailout or at least i don't think he was, but now he wants us to dig deeper to pay a dollar tax hike on gas? i got a fuel efficient car, and i'm still having a hard time. they think this only affects people who use suburbans, and big pickups like our powerstrokes as daily drivers! it affects EVERYONE! i'd be paying at least $80 dollars more a month in gas if it was a dollar higher than it is now! maybe even $100 bucks! that's not peanuts! i can pay my cell, and internet with less than that a month! this guy is out of his mind! i hope people wake up, and never purchase a brand new car from gm again! sadly it won't happen. i don't care what anyone says either. we are in worse shape now than back in 08 when gas, and diesel were over $4 bucks a gallon, and stayed there for a couple months. more unemployment, more lay offs, people having to get lower paying jobs, inflation is sky high, people not getting raises. now they wanna tax us even more?

taxes ruined this entire country! they take enough taxes, and they're still printing money! 14 trillion, and counting
Old 06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ Well said sir!!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
People like that piss me off. What a slap in the face.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
^^^ Well said sir!!
glad you see what i mean! if i still used my powerstroke as a daily driver i would be spending close to a thousand bucks a month in diesel! actually i calculate it at diesel $3.95 a gallon i would spend roughly $790 bucks a month daily drive. if diesel were hiked with a dollar tax at $4.95 then i would be spending $990 a month. commuting with a little 04 scion xb if gas were a dollar more a gallon i would be spending anywhere from $80 bucks to $100 more a month, and that car gets 30+ mpgs. so even if you drive a little commuter economy car that's still $100 bucks more a month. if you're using a a big gas/diesel guzzler that's maybe anywhere from $160-$200 bucks more a month. either way $100 more a month is still a lot. granted not as many people commute as far as i do, but come on stop forcing this crap down on throats. if they would drill for oil here we wouldn't be in this situation, but they're too thickheaded.

the whole time people are saying we're gonna be communists real quick. we're gonna be living like china, and cuba, and the old soviet union, and i laughed, but the joke is on me, cause people are actually right. i can't stand smoking, but i remember watching the news a week or two ago, and they passed a new law where you can't smoke in certain areas in nyc, and on the beaches anymore, and people were protesting, and having a smoke out. and while i don't like smelling smoke, or breathing it in one woman said if this keeps going on the next thing they're gonna be telling us is we can't eat this, and we can't eat that, and no more fast food, and no more booze, and you won't be able to eat mcdonalds anymore, or any of that bad food. then i understood their plight, and thought ''wow she's actually right, and she's got a point cause that's exactly what they're going to do'' obummer's wife is all over the tv talking about kids being healthy, and everyone to stop being fat slobs, and to start eating right, and everything you hear nowadays on the news is about obesity. obesity is the new smoking. you don't really hear about smoking anymore. while mrs obummer is talking it up you see her husband going around different places, and stuffing himself with cheesesteaks, and drinking beers. get real, and stop forcing this crap on everybody! this all coincides with this health care law. all these liberals love to target anyone who says something that might be racist, or homophobic, and they're the first to point the finger, but they don't think anything about calling someone a fat slob or disgusting sloth. they can go to hell!

i just needed to vent sorry for the rant. oh, and another thing. if mr government motors wants more fuel efficiency then maybe he should get his company to stop the production of suburbans, and all these gas guzzling trucks! how can he say we need more fuel efficient vehicles when he's still producing, and selling all kinds of trucks, and suv's, and other gas guzzlers? this makes me red.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM

Don't you love the government appointed eggheads?

He has never overseen any kind of automotive operation, always been a paper pusher and financier kind of guy. Was part of Carlyle Group too.

Glenn Beck covered the story a little on a show last week, not sure which day of the week, but pretty much showed how that GM CEO has no clue and showed some of his connections. Basically Akerson has no reason to be CEO of GM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.