POTUS Canditates: What are the ORG Members looking For? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 AM
The Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
POTUS Canditates: What are the ORG Members looking For?

This threads a little early for most voters, but late in some regards.

So here's what I'd like to see discussed, what are ya'll looking for in the next President of the United States. It may get into a This Guy or That One, but the core of this discussion is the qualities and ideals ya'll are looking for.

As an example, I'm looking for a Consitutional Conservative:

Balanced Budget, first, foremost, no emergency clauses (exception of military action defending from invasion of the homeland).
Reduction and Reformation of all of our Entitlement Programs. (Medicaid, Medicare, SS, Welfare, Unemployment, everythings on the table).
Defend the whole Consitution, particularly the Second Amendment and the rights of the States.
Enforce this Nations Laws, don't not enforce immigration laws untill reform is passed. (This really shouldn't even have to be brought up).
Find a way to pay off our National debt in 10 years. (or at a minimum 60% in 10 years)
Stop bowing to the international community!

We are a soverign nation of laws and representation, we are the leader of the Free world, our military is second to none, lets start acting like it.

Now, what are ya'll looking for in the next POTUS.

Last edited by colo_dually; 05-06-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to drstephennix
Another kick *** Texan
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Ron Paul.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_dually View Post
Find a way to pay off our National debt in 10 years. (or at a minimum 60% in 10 years)
I don't think this is possible. If we pay 100% of our income to taxes we still wont even have the intrest paid off, let alone the actuall debt. I think I'd like to see some of these worthless organizations shutdown, EPA and ect, and take important decsions to congress.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

I'd like to see a POTUS who remembers how they got there, who they work for and to do things for the good of all the citizens of America, not just those of a particular political party.

Someone who can lead this country by showing that priorities like budget with responsible spending and taxation, education, health care, protection of the people are more important than campaign speeches just to get elected. DO something, just don't talk about it.

Someone who can work WITH Congress and not butt heads so much (Yes, I know...this goes both ways)
Old 05-06-2011, 04:33 PM
The Silent Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by late_99_PSD View Post
I don't think this is possible. If we pay 100% of our income to taxes we still wont even have the intrest paid off, let alone the actuall debt. I think I'd like to see some of these worthless organizations shutdown, EPA and ect, and take important decsions to congress.
All about taking all regulatory authority back to Congress where we can be represented. That will dissolve more than a few of these agencies.

Paying off 60% of the debt in this country would cost around $840B a year for 10 years. The government budgets $3.6T last I knew, but that included another $1.6T deficient. Of that $3.6T a year budget, only 8% go to the expense of actually running this country. (a whooping $288B a year) The rest of it goes to interest on our debt, social security, and entitlement programs. It would require massive cuts in a whole lot of government programs, but to let this level of debt continue will have far worse consequences.

The one thing I forgot to mention, is passing a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution. And it wouldn't hurt the States to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
I'd like to see a POTUS who remembers how they got there, who they work for and to do things for the good of all the citizens of America, not just those of a particular political party.

Someone who can lead this country by showing that priorities like budget with responsible spending and taxation, education, health care, protection of the people are more important than campaign speeches just to get elected. DO something, just don't talk about it.

Someone who can work WITH Congress and not butt heads so much (Yes, I know...this goes both ways)
I agree, I'm not looking for a right-wing nut. This country has always prospered from a Center/Center-Right bias though. Knowing the history, and representing the citizens of this country.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM

One who is what you listed in your 1st post,plus one who wants to get manufacturing back here without any unions...and get people back to REAL work and paying taxes instead of living off of everyone else's.

And...one who wants to Drill,Baby,Drill!!!

That way we won't be dependent on foreign oil...gas/diesel would be $.50 per gallon
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM

CUT OFF FOREIGN AID!

like i already said in the other thread. this is a no brainer. i'm surprised this isn't pissing more people the hell off. this pisses me off the most. we can make exceptions to nations going through hard times or natural disasters, but no more money to Pakistan, and these other countries that don't even like us. I can't even vilify the lazy people in this country collecting welfare until we get rid of all this foreign aid. it makes me sick. they need to stop sucking up to everyone.

crack down on illegal immigration. if you are not a citizen you shouldn't be able to get medicaid, nor welfare. aside from feeling bad for the children they bring here, and the ones born here we need to cut back on this. i feel bad for them, but americans first. it's like all the guatemalans i see in north jersey, and the ones who have come up to me in the past while loading up my truck years ago at my mothers house before she sold it, and they tore it down. guys driving up, and asking me for work, and if i'd like to hire them for the day. i'll tell them i'd love to, and i could use some help, but i'm having a hard time too, and i need the money for myself sorry. they should not be able to vote either.

these politicians wanna cut stuff to the seniors. both democrats, and republicans, but they refuse to take a good stance on illegal immigration aside from what's going on in arizona. they're afraid if they take a stance they will lose the hispanic vote, and by hispanic vote i'm talking the legal hispanic citizens of this country, and the legal immigrants too. so they don't piss them off they won't push the issue. they're afraid it makes them seem racist. so there it is. anyone from anywhere. mexico, guatemala, canada, india, italy, england, ireland, russia, poland, australia, japan. if you are illegal no matter where you came from no services should not come to you. that goes for food stamps, medicaid, welfare, voting, unemployment, etc.

once we take care of those two which are NO BRAINERS than we reform social security, medicaid, medicare, welfare, and entitlements.

first one we need to reform is federal unemployment. i'd rather see someone getting a full time minimum wage job or even two part time minimum wage jobs, and getting a few hundred dollar food stamps a month. it would equal what unemployment pays, and still save a thousand bucks per person for everyone collecting. you can't find a job after 26 weeks, then you get a job anywhere or two, and you get $300 bucks a month food stamps. you can't get by on minimum wage, but can you get by on unemployment like you were before you lost your good paying job? my mortgage, and electric bill is all i could pay if i was on unemployment. i couldn't afford car insurance, gas, diesel, phone, internet, cable or food, or water and utilities.

cut back on all this green s h i t. all it does is push people into poverty, and make people have to bundle up on the couch in front of fire, because they can't afford to heat their homes.

and one no brainer to add is start drilling here now. why won't they? it will destroy american waters, and cause spills? why is it okay to destroy the middle easts water, and have spills over there? for people who claim to care about the whole world, and put other countries first they really seem to care about the water over there.

if we don't start drilling everyone will be put in poverty, everyone will need government assistance, and food stamps, they will be put in poverty. it doesn't matter if they're driving a prius, or 460 big block pickup getting 10 mpg. if they were driving the prius before gas went up this much they're taking a hit too, and already spending more than they were. for the democrats being the peoples party they sure seem to do more harm for the people they're intended to help.

also tort reform. if we had tort reform we may have a shot at affordable health insurance, we may be able to cover people with pre existing conditions at affordable rates, and it won't cost thousands of dollars for an mri. if this keeps escalating prescriptions will be $100 bucks in the next two or three years, and that's for the people who actually have insurance.

so the republicans need to grow a pair, and do something about this foreign aid, and immigration situation before we can start reforming things involving our own citizens. americans should come first. we can't be paying taxes to help everyone else when we can't help ourselves, and we can't be printing money to help everyone else when we can't even pay our own bills.

by the way ron paul is my favorite political figure. at least if i had to have one. he's in his late 70s now or at least will be by 2013, so i don't think we have a great chance at electing a 78 year old man to office. i would vote for him no questions asked unless he did a 180 to suck up, and kiss everyone else asses like a lot of politicians do once they get into or approach office.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f-350 View Post
CUT OFF FOREIGN AID!

like i already said in the other thread. this is a no brainer. i'm surprised this isn't pissing more people the hell off. this pisses me off the most. we can make exceptions to nations going through hard times or natural disasters, but no more money to Pakistan, and these other countries that don't even like us. I can't even vilify the lazy people in this country collecting welfare until we get rid of all this foreign aid. it makes me sick. they need to stop sucking up to everyone.

crack down on illegal immigration. if you are not a citizen you shouldn't be able to get medicaid, nor welfare. aside from feeling bad for the children they bring here, and the ones born here we need to cut back on this. i feel bad for them, but americans first. it's like all the guatemalans i see in north jersey, and the ones who have come up to me in the past while loading up my truck years ago at my mothers house before she sold it, and they tore it down. guys driving up, and asking me for work, and if i'd like to hire them for the day. i'll tell them i'd love to, and i could use some help, but i'm having a hard time too, and i need the money for myself sorry. they should not be able to vote either.

these politicians wanna cut stuff to the seniors. both democrats, and republicans, but they refuse to take a good stance on illegal immigration aside from what's going on in arizona. they're afraid if they take a stance they will lose the hispanic vote, and by hispanic vote i'm talking the legal hispanic citizens of this country, and the legal immigrants too. so they don't piss them off they won't push the issue. they're afraid it makes them seem racist. so there it is. anyone from anywhere. mexico, guatemala, canada, india, italy, england, ireland, russia, poland, australia, japan. if you are illegal no matter where you came from no services should not come to you. that goes for food stamps, medicaid, welfare, voting, unemployment, etc.

once we take care of those two which are NO BRAINERS than we reform social security, medicaid, medicare, welfare, and entitlements.

first one we need to reform is federal unemployment. i'd rather see someone getting a full time minimum wage job or even two part time minimum wage jobs, and getting a few hundred dollar food stamps a month. it would equal what unemployment pays, and still save a thousand bucks per person for everyone collecting. you can't find a job after 26 weeks, then you get a job anywhere or two, and you get $300 bucks a month food stamps. you can't get by on minimum wage, but can you get by on unemployment like you were before you lost your good paying job? my mortgage, and electric bill is all i could pay if i was on unemployment. i couldn't afford car insurance, gas, diesel, phone, internet, cable or food, or water and utilities.

cut back on all this green s h i t. all it does is push people into poverty, and make people have to bundle up on the couch in front of fire, because they can't afford to heat their homes.

and one no brainer to add is start drilling here now. why won't they? it will destroy american waters, and cause spills? why is it okay to destroy the middle easts water, and have spills over there? for people who claim to care about the whole world, and put other countries first they really seem to care about the water over there.

if we don't start drilling everyone will be put in poverty, everyone will need government assistance, and food stamps, they will be put in poverty. it doesn't matter if they're driving a prius, or 460 big block pickup getting 10 mpg. if they were driving the prius before gas went up this much they're taking a hit too, and already spending more than they were. for the democrats being the peoples party they sure seem to do more harm for the people they're intended to help.

also tort reform. if we had tort reform we may have a shot at affordable health insurance, we may be able to cover people with pre existing conditions at affordable rates, and it won't cost thousands of dollars for an mri. if this keeps escalating prescriptions will be $100 bucks in the next two or three years, and that's for the people who actually have insurance.

so the republicans need to grow a pair, and do something about this foreign aid, and immigration situation before we can start reforming things involving our own citizens. americans should come first. we can't be paying taxes to help everyone else when we can't help ourselves, and we can't be printing money to help everyone else when we can't even pay our own bills.

by the way ron paul is my favorite political figure. at least if i had to have one. he's in his late 70s now or at least will be by 2013, so i don't think we have a great chance at electing a 78 year old man to office. i would vote for him no questions asked unless he did a 180 to suck up, and kiss everyone else asses like a lot of politicians do once they get into or approach office.

I can't believe I forgot to say finish the fence and shoot anyone who climbs over

I'm stuck in a Mexican wonderland...I can't even go up Broadway without them jumping out in front of me....literally... looking for work....maybe I should drop a brick on the gas pedal

My truck doesn't say "Illegals R Us" on the sides
Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Ad the flat tax to it and youve got my vote. 17% EVERYONE pays. That would replace all other taxes besides vehicle licensing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.