Libya - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Libya

Its no longer a question of military action, but how extensive that action will be.

Coalition forces declare military action:
Allied Powers Declare Military Action Against Libya - FoxNews.com

US launches Tomohawks:
West Pounds Libya with Missiles; Gadhafi Vows Retaliation | News | English

Obama statement:
Obama Says Allies Acting to Keep ?Tyrant? From Attacking Libyan Civilians - Bloomberg

Typical Democrats spewing their typical bullchit to make people happy:
Quote:
"The U.S. military will be playing a supportive role in this action. We will not have troops on the ground; instead we are providing strategic support where we have unique capabilities to the Arab and European nations that are taking the lead,” said Democratic Rep. Howard Berman
No boots on the ground my ***. Those Tomohawks aren't going anywhere without our guys there to provide intel on where they need to go, paint the targets for them (point a laser designator at the target for the missile to track and lock on to), and confirm the hits.

Funny how history repeats itself, ain't it?...
Operation El Dorado Canyon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ya those guys marking the targets are called FISTERS and I just happen to be in a fister platoon.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 AM

The US Navy SEALs were probably there at least a week ago, and it would not surprise me if some US Army Rangers were in the region as well. A lot of "forward recon and intel" goes into these operations before the first missile is launched.

No matter how much ordnance we drop on a wayward nation, it still requires "boots on the ground" to effect a change in leadership. Think Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan!

However, this sh*t ends up, I just don't think it is worth any American blood. It's not as though a "free Libya" is going to donate crude oil to us a way of saying thanks. Jeez.....Iraq and Kuwait should have done that for us long ago. Saudi Arabia did not show us much gratitude, either, as we basically saved their sorry butts from Saddam Hussein's war machine.

How about we start harvesting our own oil and we can tell all the ragheads and OPECkers to pound sand?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:58 AM

Fuggn great! Obama's got his own war.

Thanks alot axxwhole
Old 03-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

Old 03-20-2011, 07:48 PM

that gadhafi is a sick a s s hole. i saw his interview, and when they asked him questions he would giggle, and say his people loved him. i personally don't think we need to be in another war right now. i wasn't big in the one in iraq either, but my support goes out to the troops regardless all the way. i am gonna be excited to see what all the liberals who ''voted for obama, because we didn't want another 4 years of bush with mccain who would probably start a war in iran, and anywhere else he felt like'' think about this. i'm really gonna love seeing what all those who voted for obama, because he wouldn't ''push us into another war'' think about this. if this was bush right now there would be a s h i t storm. all the celebrities right now would be coming out, and all the bands calling for bush's impeachment, and to charge him with war crimes. that's exactly what was going on after afghanistan, and iraq. just like when gas prices went up on bush's watch people were ready to tear him up. now that it's happening under obama everyones got other excuses. it's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just love how the nation is broke.... how much does a Tomahawk Cruise missile run? X 124 = Allot of tax dollars? For what, I mean yeah He's a nut and killing his own people and all... but he's been that way for how long now? As much money they just dumped in those missiles not even mentioning forward Recon, planning, and whatever else it took to make this happen could have went a long way on the border issues with Mexico. But that's right, Obama was down in Brazil on vacation..... I'm just waiting for the libtards to blame this on Bush....
Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM

Ya know, one strategically placed .50 cal round would stop all of this $%^.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post
Ya know, one strategically placed .50 cal round would stop all of this $%^.
Yes sir, I would like to think of it as about 780 gr of diplomacy!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 PM

That gadhafi nut job needs to be sniped out..Nobody should be under a ruler who is not mentally stable..that's just wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.