Fuel Price Boycott - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Price Boycott

Wasn't real sure where to put this But I figured I'd share an email I receieved to boycott fuel prcies. Think it would work??

We'll show you a gas boycott!THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.08 at Arco and Costco for regular unleaded in Salem, Oregon and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

You have only the rights you are willing to fight for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM

my buddy was telling me that this is a government conspiracy he thinks. all the green liberals are trying to get gas prices so high so people will stop driving. all the people with big trucks will either have to stop driving, or by an economy car. this will just send us into an even bigger recession than before. a lot of these green characters say we NEED to stop driving so much. it isn't that easy. i been spending $400 bucks a month on gas, and thats not even including the diesel i put into my truck. it will probably be over $500 this month. i spend so much, because i need the gas to commute to work. i rarely take rides for fun. by the way this is in a 1999 toyota corolla that gets over 30 mpg as it is. with the truck it would be closer to a $1000 a month. so what else should i do? let my house foreclose, and try to go on welfare, and hope to rent somewhere cheap enough to cover it? oh no i know what to do! get a job closer to home right? i got news for them. if i got a job closer to home i would probably be making close to a thousand bucks less a month. thats the best job too. something that i will take home almost a grand less. so it's still cheaper to pay a few hundred more in gas.

Most peoples lives depend on gas, and driving even if they don't own a car. All the goods people buy, foods, clothes, they come in on trucks. when the price of fuel goes up the price of pretty much everything that requires the use of trucking to go up.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Exactly, which is why this stupid government we have should do something about these stupid feul prices. There is no reason in the world it should be this high.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bft blue oval boys View Post
Exactly, which is why this stupid government we have should do something about these stupid feul prices. There is no reason in the world it should be this high.
don't dare ***** about this in front of a canadian or someone from the uk. they say stuff like ''our prices are $7.45 a gallon blah blah blah blah!''. i may be wrong on that figure, but i swear i've seen something like that before. to me it's not that $3.39 is that high, but when it's going up $ 6 cents per day it is, and when it was 1.40 per gallon 10 years ago, and it was like $ 40 cents per gallon probably back in 1966 the year i was born, and now it's $2 dollars higher than that? you gotta complain then. so it took 35 years to go up a dollar per gallon, but it took not even 10 to go up $2 dollars per gallon? unreal.

Trucker strike, no driving. Farmers stop farming, no food. No diesel being purchased by a couple of the largest diesel consuming groups.

Public outcry of the spike increase with prices and lack of consumables will force the government to interviene. Not that I am a proponent of government intervention, but, the government would bargan for the people against the producers (they would have no other choice).

If no government intervention, 1, 2, 3 weeks of no diesel being purchased by just these 2 groups would have to decrease profit margins for not only the producers, but also the re-sellers.

Just keep in mind, if there is a trucker strike... fuel is brought in by trucks so there will be no fuel being brought to gas stations. No food trucked in, no anything being moved by truck. No food being grown. Not enough for the government to sell to foreign nations.

If you really want to take a step further.... When the truckers and Farmers stop operations, have the airlines shutdown. See where I'm going? This country would stop. It would create world wide turmoil.

The high paid executives of the oil companies would have to buckle and lower prices. They also need to eat and eating paper bills and metallic coins is not very good.

i agree...know what stations use exxon and mobil fuels?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why do yall think its the oil companies when the government is heavily involved in the high prices?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreefer View Post
Trucker strike, no driving. Farmers stop farming, no food. No diesel being purchased by a couple of the largest diesel consuming groups.

Public outcry of the spike increase with prices and lack of consumables will force the government to interviene. Not that I am a proponent of government intervention, but, the government would bargan for the people against the producers (they would have no other choice).

If no government intervention, 1, 2, 3 weeks of no diesel being purchased by just these 2 groups would have to decrease profit margins for not only the producers, but also the re-sellers.

Just keep in mind, if there is a trucker strike... fuel is brought in by trucks so there will be no fuel being brought to gas stations. No food trucked in, no anything being moved by truck. No food being grown. Not enough for the government to sell to foreign nations.

If you really want to take a step further.... When the truckers and Farmers stop operations, have the airlines shutdown. See where I'm going? This country would stop. It would create world wide turmoil.

The high paid executives of the oil companies would have to buckle and lower prices. They also need to eat and eating paper bills and metallic coins is not very good.
That sounds like some doomsday ish right there probably on its way though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
why do yall think its the oil companies when the government is heavily involved in the high prices?
I dont think its one or the other, nor do i care. I just know one of them need to start doing something about it. This is just stupid retarded...
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM

"That sounds like some doomsday ish right there probably on its way though"

Yes, sorry... Started scaring myself and had to stop, didn't want to get into the ocean shipping....
Old 03-03-2011, 07:00 PM

This is a great idea, the only problem is getting all of those millions of people to stop buying fuel from those companies. People may for a little while but then it may become an pain for them to travel to other stations and give up. I'm all for this but we need to have more people contribute then just a few of us. Also what stations sell exxon fuel, i really dont know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.