Missouri to consider drug testing welfare recipients - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Missouri to consider drug testing welfare recipients

Stole this from another forum I'm a member on, thought yall would want to see it. I'm completely in support of this if it comes to Texas.

Quote:
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- House members are set to consider legislation that would require drug tests for welfare recipients. The bill would mandate the Department of Social Services to develop a testing regimen for applicants for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Tests would be given to people whom state officials reasonably believe have used drugs.
Recipients who test positive for drugs would be ineligible for benefits for one year. The children of adults who test positive could continue receiving their benefits through a third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think Kentucky recently started doing this? was on the news about a month ago, wasn't fully paying attention.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- House members are set to consider legislation that would require drug tests for welfare recipients. The bill would mandate the Department of Social Services to develop a testing regimen for applicants for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. Tests would be given to people whom state officials reasonably believe have used drugs.
Recipients who test positive for drugs would be ineligible for benefits for one year. The children of adults who test positive could continue receiving their benefits through a third party.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM

I won't rant on what I see all the time.....but that's only the tip of the iceberg.

But in short,drug abusers get more of our tax money that would make one's head spin!

But as for the kids,they are a product of their environment-they only know what they see---I don't blame them,however,the parents will only steal the kid's benefits to get their fix.

The system needs better checks and balances.......or gov't people to just do their job instead

I see this and more all the time

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!........the stories I could tell would infuriate people
Old 02-09-2011, 05:38 PM

^^^^^^I could only imagine.......
Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Emergency Services

I've been saying this should be done for years.

1. In highschool I was an athlete....and drug tested

2. Also in highschool anyone with a permit to park on campus....was drug tested

3. In college I work as a part time EMT....and am drug tested

4. Also in college, I may soon join a ROTC program at my school starting in the fall...and guess what....I'll be drug tested

5. When I graduate I'm going to be a teacher....and will be drug tested

The way I see it, If I am to be drug tested for any extra curricular activity or job that i do, then why aren't welfare recipients? Although the price of each urine sample to be tested at a laboratory is roughly $100, think of the thousands of $$$ that will be saved when all of those positive tests come back and the recipients are denied?

If you have the money for drugs....you don't need state funded help!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
all of you^^^^^^ are dam right! it's about motherf'n time! we need to this with state industrial too(L&I)

washington finally made it so ya have to show "proper documentation" to get welfare..... but they weren't referring to illegal aliens. MY *** they weren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Emergency Services

icysmooth,

I totally agree about it not being the kids fault. Ever since Katrina my hometown was filled with displaced families....most of which were transferred to my highschool back in the day. I'll put it this way....these aren't your model citizens wink wink nudge nudge. But a few of the Louisiana kids were pretty cool. One time I went to my friend Tevin's house and it was the epitome of a "crack house". But hanging out with him at school you'd never know what his home life is like.

I like the stipulation for children though, but i see that getting abused rrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll quick.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Come on Kansas, Lets do this too
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
uh... the FED should already be doing this. it should be a requirement from them and the states shouldn't even have a say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.