democrats/liberals against obama administration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
democrats/liberals against obama administration

for years now my brother in law has been a staunch democrat. he's a registered independent, but almost always votes the donkey. last night we had a big birthday party for him, and a bunch of people came over. the last person left at about 12;30 am, but i stayed, because i was spending the night there, because sometimes when i got jobs to do by him i spend the night there rather than drive the hour and half back home. so we're winding down for the night, and i ask him since he's a democrat i need an honest opinion on what he thinks of obama, and his administration. prior to this conversation late last night he always just said he didn't care for him one way or the other, but that he did vote for him.

he says to me honestly he does not like obama at all. he says he is highly unsatisfied with the administration, and he told me why. he said to me first of all the administration does not care about senior citizens like our mothers. his mother is 80 or 81, and mine is 76. he says in the last two years there hasn't been a social security raise for seniors or those disabled, but there have been handouts for everyone else. too much money for the health care thing, congress got a raise, 99 weeks for unemployment benefits, and welfare supposedly got a raise too. the seniors they give a s h i t about. they cut the social security tax, but they up the federal witholding for us, and act like they're saving us money, the military got only a 1.4 percent raise i think thats the figure, but welfare got over 2 percent! the people who actually worked, and paid into the system get screwed, but the people on welfare get upped, the people in the military got an even lower raise than welfare which is ridiculous, and people have been able to collect unemployment for over 2 years! congress got a nice raise! and then they have all these medicare commercials, and get a bunch of old puppets like andy griffith, and others to boast about fake bs medicare benefits as if they are doing those with medicare a favor!

then he went on to say this health care bill is atrocious, and a crime. nancy pelosi with the ''we have to pass it so you can find out whats in it!''. the first election he was old enough to vote in was when they elected carter, and he says he couldn't stand carter, and that obama is just like him. he also says all the people who think the administration can't give social security a raise are fooling themselves. they can give themselves a raise, and welfare, and out of control way too long unemployment benefits, and all this spending on other useless crap, the health care bill, and cutting the social security payroll tax, but upping the federal, but they can't throw a bone to the seniors?

i really didn't think he had it in him, but i was happy to see, and hear that from him. his wife, my sister has always been more of a moderate than him whereas he has always leaned democrat, but he said he wouldn't be voting for obama again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 04:05 PM

i will keep this short, IF (in capital letters) i ever vote again, i will be NOT be voting for a liberal or conservative. to me, both parties ARE GUILTY of where we are as nation. i am tire of the same BS from all politicians about everything.

3 things to remember about dealing w/ the government:
1. trust nothing the government says..... NOTHING!!!! (even if the evidence is staring you in the face)
2. the government CAN AND WILL screw it up.
3. remember points 1 & 2.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldghamr View Post
i will keep this short, IF (in capital letters) i ever vote again, i will be NOT be voting for a liberal or conservative. to me, both parties ARE GUILTY of where we are as nation. i am tire of the same BS from all politicians about everything.

1. trust nothing the government says..... NOTHING!!!! (even if the evidence is staring you in the face)
I agree there is corruption in both parties,but there are different ways of looking at this.

Gov't is always going to be present,no matter where you are in the world.
But this is the best country in the world to live in-look at LEGAL immigration stats-there is a reason

The Repub's got out of control in '06-thus got spanked by voters and Dems were voted in,and again in '08.

Now, voting is more important than ever,the progressives/liberals have been planning a mass take over in gov't since Woodrow Wilson......it happened in '08,dems in control of house and Senate and the White house

Since '08,the debt has risen over 5 trillion since then(# not confirmed),and they wanted to make that higher before the '10 elections which caused a major turn over in the houses.

Again,yes,all gov't is corrupt in one way or another,but with every passing year,the amount of liberals rise due to every graduating class out of all these liberal colleges and the numbers are growing faster than people realize

Anyone's decision to vote or not is 100% their own choice.

But make no mistake,the liberals want power and will vote in large numbers just to get the power they all lust

This is why they need to be shut down by Real Americans-the conservatives
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldghamr View Post

AMEN! I vote only in county now.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM

i'm not saying anyone should try to identify with either party or side. like i've said before though i think at this time it's in the best interest we have some fiscal conservatives in control. one thing i wanted to touch on with what my brother in law was saying. a lot of liberals can't come to terms with the fact that obama who they love so much, and his administration aren't behind these things like neglecting a social security raise, but giving themselves a raise, and a welfare raise, and giving the military only a very small raise this year much lower percentage than themselves. when bush was president though everyone attacked him in the media. people didn't think twice to knock him or question him, or put the blame on him even myself. now that obama is in office though some liberals won't dare to put any blame on him. they'll blame the democratic party, but they won't blame him, nor pelosi, nor the rest of them.

i myself look at both sides. i read a lot of liberal sites, and non political forums like this that have a political forum. before obama took office there was so much complaining which is fine, because i'm all for the first amendment. now i don't see much complaining. i read one person the other day say ''i like the health care bill from what i understand of it'', and i laughed. what he understands of it? what does anyone understand of it? it just made me happy to hear my brother in law who has been a staunch democrat ever since the days of reagan say to me

it's a crime that every member of congress who passed the bill did not read what it contained, and it's the most unconstitutional bill ever passed.

i imagine most of the people who believe this is a good bill though are probably in college, and are still able to be on their parents health plan thus they don't have to pay for insurance yet, and are in for a rude awakening when they are forced to purchase it. either that or they are the revolutionist let's slam the man types. i just realized i have never been into politics as much as i am until this health care bill was being put through.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
AMEN! I vote only in county now.
Government is still government,whether federal ,state ,or local....so it still has an effect on what goes on..just on a different scale...So why not be involved on all scales of voting?

After all,the majority of the mess this country is in has come from the Federal part,ie;health care,stimulus(that majorly failed) unsustainable debts,etc.

So how will "in county" voting be of any benefit in the long run?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icysmooth View Post
Government is still government,whether federal ,state ,or local....so it still has an effect on what goes on..just on a different scale...So why not be involved on all scales of voting?

After all,the majority of the mess this country is in has come from the Federal part,ie;health care,stimulus(that majorly failed) unsustainable debts,etc.

So how will "in county" voting be of any benefit in the long run?
I see what you are saying. I like county politics because if I have a problem I can go to their door. The folks in your county are not as likely to fill you full of chit since you can come to their door. I really only care about my ranch roads and the tax. I keep my life REALLY simple. All of my land,house,equipment and vehicles are paid for. I don't make payments on anything except two fuel cards I use. The fuel cards are the only credit cards I have. What happens in Austin or DC really does'nt effect me to much. I go about life and pay my tax.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
I see what you are saying. I like county politics because if I have a problem I can go to their door. The folks in your county are not as likely to fill you full of chit since you can come to their door. I really only care about my ranch roads and the tax. I keep my life REALLY simple. All of my land,house,equipment and vehicles are paid for. I don't make payments on anything except two fuel cards I use. The fuel cards are the only credit cards I have. What happens in Austin or DC really does'nt effect me to much. I go about life and pay my tax.
Yeah,I'm with you on the local part,it's nice to be on a first name basis,and let them know who you are

The local gov't really isn't out to screw us like DC is though,we ALL want the simple life,go to work,pay our bills,take the kids out to practice, or watch them play at some kind of sport or event,laugh and so on.

The only problem is our DC government doesn't want that-they want control of our lives-completely

Look at commodities,I can't tell you how much I hear when the wife comes back from the grocery store--how much everything's going up

Our current gov't is printing so much money-hyperinflation is soon to follow,if we don't do something now,our simple life will fall to taxation and inflation beyond belief.

The local reps are local to us,but remember , the ones in DC can know us by name as well if we haunt them enough.

IMHO.........voting is crucial all the way across the board.

This helps to insure the simple life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.