Congresswoman Readies Gun Control Bill - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:50 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congresswoman Readies Gun Control Bill

We all knew this was coming

Congresswoman Readies Gun Control Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
While I'm not against all guns I am against hand guns. I feel that hand guns serve only one purpose and that is to kill another human being. I have said on here before that it is alot easier to hide a 9MM than a .243 in a crowd. It would be easier to get a rifle away from someone to without being shot yourself. A idiot with no record can go out and buy a hand gun and sell it to his lunatic buddy that has plans to kill someone. I think hand guns should be given to police and military and thats all. I know that someone could pick people off with a rifle but it seems that now days the closer the better when it comes to these kind of people. I have a Win.30-30 and a .243 under my bed so if I miss I'll get'em down the road.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
While I'm not against all guns I am against hand guns. I feel that hand guns serve only one purpose and that is to kill another human being. I have said on here before that it is alot easier to hide a 9MM than a .243 in a crowd. It would be easier to get a rifle away from someone to without being shot yourself. A idiot with no record can go out and buy a hand gun and sell it to his lunatic buddy that has plans to kill someone. I think hand guns should be given to police and military and thats all. I know that someone could pick people off with a rifle but it seems that now days the closer the better when it comes to these kind of people. I have a Win.30-30 and a .243 under my bed so if I miss I'll get'em down the road.
If they outlaw the handguns and take them from every law abiding citizen and only give them to the military and police, then the only people with the handguns would be the military and police and the criminals.

A person that is bent on killing another human will do it with or without gun laws. It makes no sense whatsoever to have gun control laws. I mean for the love of Pete, we have illegal drug laws, and we all know how well they work, and look how many people die each year from using them.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
'Merica

All that think guns should be banned, I suggest you read this article. Granted, it is older, but it was the first thing that popped up when I googled "crime rate goes up when guns are banned". There are many more articles like this, approximately 3,860,000 according to google.

Gun Control's Twisted Outcome

(not trying to single anyone out, just providing more information for all)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Retired Coastie

A criminal will always find a way to get a handgun. Gun control will not stop that. This idiot that shot Giffords bought his legally, but he could have found a way to get one otherwise. Like twildman said, if you take them away from law abiding citizens, only the crooks will have them. Think about this, if a law was passed banning citizens from owning hadguns, and everyone was told to report to the local police station and turn theirs in, just how many gangbangers and thugs would listen?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TWIN6.4L View Post
Good God....People like you are dragging this Country to the chitter.

Of course it is easier to hide a handgun than it is a rifle, but that doesn't mean that everyone with a handgun is a criminal. Remember, that guy made a decision to pull the trigger on a innocent being where as there are millions of people who own guns who have not made that decision. Just like the old saying that everyone knows and that is still 100% truthful: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". If the government would actually punish people who commit a crime stuff like this wouldn't happen as often. How many people do you think have committed a crime because they could feed themselves or put a roof over their head?

and FYI.. if you make handguns illegal, the bad guys will still have handguns. A pretty easy concept to grasp. Criminals are criminals. The handguns they have now are illegal so how would banning them make anything better?

If there is anyone to blame besides the guy who pulled the trigger it is our Government and people like you.

If you break into my house you are going to have to deal with a lot more than a 30-30 and .243
Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM

There is a gun ban in place in Washington D.C. and crime has gone up 51% since it was put in place.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecaptin View Post
All that think guns should be banned, I suggest you read this article. Granted, it is older, but it was the first thing that popped up when I googled "crime rate goes up when guns are banned". There are many more articles like this, approximately 3,860,000 according to google.

Gun Control's Twisted Outcome

(not trying to single anyone out, just providing more information for all)
If you want some more reading, Google Kennesaw, Ga gun law.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose350 View Post
Good God....People like you are dragging this Country to the chitter.

Of course it is easier to hide a handgun than it is a rifle, but that doesn't mean that everyone with a handgun is a criminal. Remember, that guy made a decision to pull the trigger on a innocent being where as there are millions of people who own guns who have not made that decision. Just like the old saying that everyone knows and that is still 100% truthful: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". If the government would actually punish people who commit a crime stuff like this wouldn't happen as often. How many people do you think have committed a crime because they could feed themselves or put a roof over their head?

and FYI.. if you make handguns illegal, the bad guys will still have handguns. A pretty easy concept to grasp. Criminals are criminals. The handguns they have now are illegal so how would banning them make anything better?

If there is anyone to blame besides the guy who pulled the trigger it is our Government and people like you.

If you break into my house you are going to have to deal with a lot more than a 30-30 and .243
Yeah, you come into our house or drive-thru and we have a .410 Judge, .45 1911, and a .454 Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan sittin there waitin for ya.

And what about those of us that don't go around shooting people, but instead use our guns for play? I for one enjoy shooting a couple clips through my .22 S&W when i get bored, or digging out a old 1911 and shooting it. But i must be one of those stupid backwoods kids that got my first gun when i was 4, and got my ATA membership when i was 10 or 11. I can't wait till i'm 18 and get my NRA life membership.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

If we are going to ban guns, we better ban cars too. After all, there are people out there who have used cars to run into and kill other people....on purpose.

See...sounds a bit rediculous doesn't it?

Why is it that when it comes to killing people with guns we aren't going after the ones that illegally possess guns. Nope we got go after the guns even though it was just the instrument of death that the shooter used. We starting hearing, "Guns kill people!!!" Yeah, so do cars, drugs, knives, gaseous vapors, household chemicals, electricity and much much more!

When it comes to cars, we go after people who use cars to kill people.(i.e. toughening laws and restricting access to vehicles for those who drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs, anger, etc) One could make the argument that cars serve a more useful purpose in society than guns, but look at the stats for communities that have banned guns. In the majority, if not all, the crime rate has gone up. Why? Deterent. If a criminal isn't sure who has a gun, they are less likely to go into a place.

Okay, off my box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.