Tax Compromise: We've Been Had - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tax Compromise: We've Been Had

Tax plan offers short-term relief, at a price - Business - Eye on the Economy - msnbc.com

Bush tax cuts are extended another year, but the Dems refused to reduce spending much, which includes extending the enormous unemployment benefit package.

This is just the type of lame duck agenda we should have expected. No matter what the American people say, these Dems will never listen. They aren't Americans, they are elitist pigs who don't care what happens to us, because it never affects them.

Thank the Lord we got enough Republicans in Congress to actually do what the American people want. I hope there will be some Blue Dog Dems that will jump ship and do the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 05:08 PM

I think this latest extension puts benefits up to another 13 additional months,that's over 3 years of possible laziness from people

When I was unemployed back in the first gulf war in 91,I had to make 2 contacts a week,have proof,and they would check if true

In my area it's not that way any more-they just send checks--WTF?

Where's the motivation if you get paid for doing nothing?

While some really can't find work,many can,they just don't want to.

Check this out--I was working up in a penthouse boiler room,and who was also up there running and installing cell phone towers--MEXICANS!!!!

They're just not for landscaping any more!!

Why are MEXICANS(probably illegal-couldn't speak ANY english-I tried talking to them-no english) doing an electricians job?

Shouldn't AMERICAN electricians be doing this-

Beware-they're coming for all of our jobs-and are protected by the
Da** Dems
Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 PM

what the hell is the current unemployment time now? was it 90 something weeks? when i was on unemployment in 02 i had to look for two new jobs a week too. i was only on it for a month because i knew i had a job lined up. isn't 26 weeks enough?

the fact that there needs to be any kind of tax increase right now is STUPID! i am NEVER for raising of income taxes unless by some chance it would lower the bottom brackets taxes, and this wouldn't have. what do they need it for? i loved during the beginning when they wanted EVERY bracket to go up. they were doing away with the 10% one altogether. i pay enough taxes, and can't wait to file single in 2011, and pay even more! it's ridiculous how much i pay in taxes every week. all the social security that i will never see, and medicare taxes, enough state, and TOO much federal. almost a grand each month to federal taxes coming my way this next year!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:31 PM

The democrats caved on this one. Probably because they are owned just as much by money as the republicans but the rich don't need more continued tax breaks. Which we all pay for. Why should I making 1/100 of a wall street trader have to pay off more federal debt so they can take home more money?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3Lariat View Post
The democrats caved on this one. Probably because they are owned just as much by money as the republicans but the rich don't need more continued tax breaks. Which we all pay for. Why should I making 1/100 of a wall street trader have to pay off more federal debt so they can take home more money?
why do they need all these taxes though? whats the point? what does it serve? just to generate more money for the government to spend on a bunch of s h i t? just giving away all the money to other countries? to fund these politicians entitlements? we really don't need all of these taxes. if something productive was being done with these tax dollars i wouldn't mind it so much, but it isn't. it's just like with my local property taxes. nothing productive. just to overpay teachers, and pensions, and ridiculous salaries for the police who make almost twice as much here than the rest of the country. i got nothing, but potholes on my road, my town doesn't even have a police force!

bottom line is even if the cuts were not extended the lower brackets would still be paying the same amount in taxes. i think we are all paying more than enough. my best friend makes a little over $500 bucks a week which is nothing up here, and only takes home $400. once i file single for 2011 i will be paying over a grand a month just in federal taxes! it's ridiculous.

i myself think anyone who makes over a million dollars a year can afford to pay another $30k grand in taxes. they can afford to pay another $100k grand in taxes if they had to! why should they though?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Well,some will have different views with the tax breaks.

Democrats didn't cave,they're just playing a popularity game on the people to trick them,making them think they are going towards center-right.

But they were targeting companies profiting over 250,000 a year,that's not that much profit as a small co.

Most of us work for private business-300 employees and way less-these owners took the risk to start their companies-got married to them and have no real life-their company is their life .
IMO-they deserve what they have, and took the risk and worked for

But,the tax paying people of this country is about(need to research actual number) is around 51% or less of actual population that even pays taxes.

Let's leave out the unemployed,disabled people who aren't able to get work at this time for what ever reason----No finger pointing at all with this

Let's move on to illegal employment--it's over-run in my area-and so many others....so many illegals working under the table for greedy scumbag contractors-----and you know who you are.... who charge the same rate as hiring US citizens-but only pay them a percentage of what US workers would make-----they pay NO benefits or taxes--they are paid as subcontractors,and when one gets hurt on the job,they just disappear ,but these people send most of their money back home.

Back to your question-taxes go in brackets,the more you make-the more you pay-that's why I won't work overtime,I give $.50 cents on the dollar when I do. So why work it ---right?

The DEMS will spend forever-that will never stop-they will spend money we don't have-just look at the national debt-not pretty

We aren't paying taxes for Wallstreet-though some will say this-and yes,they run crazy at times--but THAT is Capitalism-the American dream! We're paying for the DEMS who are writing checks our bodies can't cash-that's what's really happening

Don't hate the rich-if any one on here wins the lottery and gets rich--I wish them all the best and expect nothing from them--That's capitalism-!!!

Everyone is in charge of their own destiny--don't hate the ones who take the chance and make it--everyone has the chance to apply them selves-the question is--do they want it or not

Sorry for the long thread again

But we need to wake up to save our Country

I don't want to sound like an a$$hole--I just hate to see the Country I LOVE go down in flames-which is where it's headed if we don't change it--- Where's the old saying--pick ourselves up by our Bootstrap?
Sorry if some youngin's don't get that-ask somebody older
Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f-350 View Post
why do they need all these taxes though? whats the point? what does it serve? just to generate more money for the government to spend on a bunch of s h i t? just giving away all the money to other countries? to fund these politicians entitlements? we really don't need all of these taxes. if something productive was being done with these tax dollars i wouldn't mind it so much, but it isn't. it's just like with my local property taxes. nothing productive. just to overpay teachers, and pensions, and ridiculous salaries for the police who make almost twice as much here than the rest of the country. i got nothing, but potholes on my road, my town doesn't even have a police force!

bottom line is even if the cuts were not extended the lower brackets would still be paying the same amount in taxes. i think we are all paying more than enough. my best friend makes a little over $500 bucks a week which is nothing up here, and only takes home $400. once i file single for 2011 i will be paying over a grand a month just in federal taxes! it's ridiculous.

i myself think anyone who makes over a million dollars a year can afford to pay another $30k grand in taxes. they can afford to pay another $100k grand in taxes if they had to! why should they though?

Sorry bud! I wasn't even getting to federal tax waste-you posted before me

That's a whole other topic

But feel free to open up
Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 PM

You are blind if you think only democrats spend our tax dollars. As for why we need them we need them just to pay down all the prior debt let alone all the massive expenditures now. I don't agree with probably 90% of our current expenditures but until we fire everyone in Washington that isn't going to change so yes I'm pissed that we are going to get stuck with the bill so people making millions can take home more while the working middle class takes it up the you know what.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You are blind if you think only democrats spend our tax dollars. As for why we need them we need them just to pay down all the prior debt let alone all the massive expenditures now. I don't agree with probably 90% of our current expenditures but until we fire everyone in Washington that isn't going to change so yes I'm pissed that we are going to get stuck with the bill so people making millions can take home more while the working middle class takes it up the you know what.
No,not blind at all-don't get me wrong,I totally agree with Reps blowing too much cash,that's why they got spanked on '08.

My main point is the occupancy from the last 2 years of ideology,record spending,record deficits,etc.

I can give 3 worthless Senate Reps who do this(off the top of my head)--Scott Brown- Mass.,Lisa Murkowski-Alaskan write in re-elected,and Olympia Snow-Maine.

I would love to see ALL of DC fired-and on the same day,along with lobbyists as well-that's how to kill the corruption,at least for a little while.

This is why ALL career politicians need to go--get rid of the good ol' boy network

Trust me,I'm pi$$ed about the bill on us,but like I said before-look at all these illegals-don't know how it is in your area,but they are working,paying no taxes,sending almost all revenue home,(I do work at one of these places and see it for myself)not spending it here,not paying car insurance and getting into crashes,killing people while driving drunk,causing honest people to suffer the consequences of not doing so,then using our medical system for free,that we pay for.

I'll stop there for nowDon't want to pi$$ people off more

This same batch of people in DC are also fighting to give them amnesty-to soak us more

This is a huge reason why taxes don't get paid ,only honest people like you and I and everyone else who does it the right way-gets screwed.
If everyone who works pays taxes with no increase,this could probably be kept under control-but the gov't has to cut spending as well

But yeah,to do this -the existing DC occupants need to go

Everyone who can and does work-should pay in,that will help lessen the burden.

So,that's why I don't really blame the rich-unless they are funding all the evil on us as said above--then my opinion will then definitely change

Then I will gladly condemn them-but proof has to be made first

Not arguing with you at all bud,we're just talking about different angles-but they all ad up to us getting screwed

We all just want our pockets to be left alone and be free to spend as WE wish
Old 12-21-2010, 06:46 PM

I would be in favor of a national sales tax, VAT however you want to put it. Then people who don't pay taxes now that should can't get around it with loopholes etc. The only caveat to that is it can be very regressive unless setup correctly, ie you wouldn't tax food etc that even the poorest have to have to live. But electronics, cars etc are fair game. Very simplistic explanation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.