Guess it doesn't matter how much unions spent on Dems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guess it doesn't matter how much unions spent on Dems

Outside groups helped GOP secure big wins - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

They seem to be attacking the GOP over spending by these groups, but they fail to mention unions spent $200,000,000 for Dems. (200 million!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Last I checked the dems out spent the reps on the congress side.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM

Just more of the "blame game" from the left-they will never take responsibility for their own actions,it's always some one else's fault
These people will never learn
Old 11-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
Outside groups helped GOP secure big wins - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

They seem to be attacking the GOP over spending by these groups, but they fail to mention unions spent $200,000,000 for Dems. (200 million!)
So the unions spent $200 million, I don't EVER want to hear one ***** from them again about they're poor wages.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:29 PM

you wont hear about there wages, just there pensions. im union and im pissed how much these a-holes gave to them!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDriver View Post
So the unions spent $200 million, I don't EVER want to hear one ***** from them again about they're poor wages.
Right! Unions used to represent the workers,and help keep wages up for non-union workers as well (along time ago)-now all they represent are the low life blood suckers that only look out for the elites!
They want gov't hand-outs-of jobs,etc.
And cry when they don't get what they want.

They should be ashamed,but they aren't-I know this first hand
Old 11-03-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2280 View Post
you wont hear about there wages, just there pensions. im union and im pissed how much these a-holes gave to them!
i am too. glad i'm not the odd man out here. i'm feeling a little reluctant to post this, because if the higher ups saw me make a comment like this i could be laid off instead of moved to the next job in two weeks! and the last post got me thinking. a buddy of mine's father who was a union pipefitter who is retired, and collecting his pension now says everytime the topic comes up back in the day the unions saved the country, and now they are killing the country. my mother says the same thing sometimes, and she very rarely gets political anymore. it really pisses off my brother in law haha. my mother is living with my sister, and my brother in law always threatens to kick her out half sarcastically, and half serious god forbid she says anything negative about our union.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997f-350 View Post
i am too. glad i'm not the odd man out here. i'm feeling a little reluctant to post this, because if the higher ups saw me make a comment like this i could be laid off instead of moved to the next job in two weeks! and the last post got me thinking. a buddy of mine's father who was a union pipefitter who is retired, and collecting his pension now says everytime the topic comes up back in the day the unions saved the country, and now they are killing the country. my mother says the same thing sometimes, and she very rarely gets political anymore. it really pisses off my brother in law haha. my mother is living with my sister, and my brother in law always threatens to kick her out half sarcastically, and half serious god forbid she says anything negative about our union.

Don't feel bad-I'm in a union too,and the way they act and represent these jokers,it makes me want to puke!!!

I can't believe I haven't been kicked out yet for my conservative views
But I always tell them-fine,I'll take my customers with me !!

THAT aways SHUTS them up!

They hate my kind-but too bad !!

I have no intention of changing

If they can't deal with that-then the problem is them ----not me!

If it's me---screw them!!

I refuse to walk in fear
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM

here is my deal with the union. i am a union carpenter, and i make good money. i still need the assistance of my one man business with the work i get a few hours a week after my carpentry job. with the union i get all my benefits paid for after 600 hours of work from the time the job i am put on starts. usually when one job is over i have a month to get put on another one, or maybe 5 or 6 weeks i think it is. if i don't get put on another i have to buy cobra insurance, and pay the full amount. if it weren't for my son i wouldn't even take the cobra, because while i have two fairly serious conditions i don't care enough to spend ridiculous amounts of money for myself to buy health insurance. lately i have been lacking work. ever since 2008 i have been having a hard time being on a steady job. i have been on this last job since the week before 4th of july, and it's over tomorrow. supposedly we will be moved over to another job going on, but only be able to work 3 out of 4 weeks a month. that isn't bad if i can get enough jobs with my side business. i won't need as much money in gas commuting. i spend $600 bucks a month commuting to work. i have a 63 mile commute one way to work. the next job i am being put will be 90 miles one way! i was laid off from thanksgiving 09 to fourth of july this year. i been in this union since june of 2002, and aside spending 6 months being laid off from october 03 until may of 04 i didn't spend more than 5 weeks without work from the union aside from that one time, and the recession, and lack of construction from 08 until now.

i get a pension when i am 66 cause that will be when my 30 years is done. at this point i don't care if i get it or not. i don't care at all. if i can move, sell my house, and find one upstate cheaper that i can buy in cash, and get a job doing something lighter even if it only pays half as much i am fine with that. my wife, and i have split now, but we live in the same county, but i won't relocate to move from our son. for years we planned to move. had the house on the market for years. one year they raised our property taxes from $1100 bucks a year up to over $11k grand a year, and i put it on the market once again. this was in 08, and the first time was 05-06. no luck either time. i would have taken at least $30k grand below it's value either time. no one wanted it though. so i work for the union, because it pays most of my bills. not all. i do what i gotta do to get by. also you would be surprised, but many on my job including myself have started to turn against the democratic party. we have turned our backs on it.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Wow! Don't where you live-but those costs are insane!
I've only been union since 04-only because of family health insurance-but that has really paid off for me,with two accident-prone kids and no fear-I feel like I'm on first name basis with the Dr's in the ER
Since '86,Ive been non-union and liked it better-there are so many whiners in my local.
All of most unions(especially mine) are so gov't dependent,they won't even try to get out of gov't work-it's disgusting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.