The 'democratic revolution' is coming apart - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The 'democratic revolution' is coming apart

Reid is finished. The sharks are circling, and the buzzards are hovering. I'm fairly conservative, and I wouldn't have said that, just out of common decency to another person, no matter how much I disagreed with them. The two most senior democrat senators are headed out the door. Not a good sign, for them anyway.

Pelosi may be next. They already have dirt on her, obama has b-slapped her once with the CIA torture stuff that got real quiet once she fell in line. But, she's starting to make noise again, and that skeleton is still there.

When Reagan swept into power, he kicked off a Republican revolution that lasted about 20 years. The Dems are going to lose it in two. Lesson to be learned: you have to do more than get elected. You have to listen to the people whose hard work makes this country run. Midyear elections are coming, and those hardworking people are going to speak, loud and clear. I've been slow to vote in past years, but I guarantee you, come next fall, I'll be first in line to cast a vote. I suggest all of you do the same.

Thank God for democracy. This health care thing being ramroded through with disregard for public opinion has raised a lot of hackles. The unions are dropping him over the Cadillac tax, and they're about the only productive group that supported him. Nebraska made out fine, but the other 49 states are, to put it mildly, very put out. Doesn't take an Einstein to figure out why the current talks are being held behind closed doors. Perhaps obama will take a page from clinton, and say - that depends on what 'transparent' means.

Then, all that mess was put in perspective by one kid with flaming underpants. Health care starts by preventing people from being blown up.

Already, the media that gave obama a free ride is starting to change their tune, and hoping no one remembers that get out of jail free card.

Now, if the Republicans will just get moving and find a strong leader to run in 2012, they might just get this country back on track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
Reid is finished. The sharks are circling, and the buzzards are hovering. I'm fairly conservative, and I wouldn't have said that, just out of common decency to another person, no matter how much I disagreed with them. The two most senior democrat senators are headed out the door. Not a good sign, for them anyway.

Pelosi may be next. They already have dirt on her, obama has b-slapped her once with the CIA torture stuff that got real quiet once she fell in line. But, she's starting to make noise again, and that skeleton is still there.

When Reagan swept into power, he kicked off a Republican revolution that lasted about 20 years. The Dems are going to lose it in two. Lesson to be learned: you have to do more than get elected. You have to listen to the people whose hard work makes this country run. Midyear elections are coming, and those hardworking people are going to speak, loud and clear. I've been slow to vote in past years, but I guarantee you, come next fall, I'll be first in line to cast a vote. I suggest all of you do the same.

Thank God for democracy. This health care thing being ramroded through with disregard for public opinion has raised a lot of hackles. The unions are dropping him over the Cadillac tax, and they're about the only productive group that supported him. Nebraska made out fine, but the other 49 states are, to put it mildly, very put out. Doesn't take an Einstein to figure out why the current talks are being held behind closed doors. Perhaps obama will take a page from clinton, and say - that depends on what 'transparent' means.

Then, all that mess was put in perspective by one kid with flaming underpants. Health care starts by preventing people from being blown up.

Already, the media that gave obama a free ride is starting to change their tune, and hoping no one remembers that get out of jail free card.

Now, if the Republicans will just get moving and find a strong leader to run in 2012, they might just get this country back on track.

Amen brother!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM

I hope the republicans fall on their face too, they've let us down as much as everyone else has.........it's time for some one else to come along, who isn't so damn partisan, that's what works the best in this country, balance of power. We've all seen what happens when one party or the other controls everything, it isn't good for America at all. This country was founded on balance of power, and compromise........that has gone all to the wayside and needs to come back. For America to be at her best, she needs not be liberal or conservative, she needs to be both. This election cycle, you better beleive I will not be simply following party lines, I will be putting my choices under the lens.......
Old 01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Oh I agree Ian and am planning on voting out every incumbent unless they give me a damn good reason not to.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Oh I agree Ian and am planning on voting out every incumbent unless they give me a damn good reason not to.
you got that right Any incumbent I vote for will be getting the fine tooth comb treatment
Old 01-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Premium Member

We must vote in the primaries, first. Look for the fiscal conservative, regardless of which party you vote for. Constitutionists should or could fare well. I agree that most incumbants must go, but get them out in the primaries. Then if it goes two party again, we still have a chance.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:45 AM

I agree, both parties are being controlled by the same oligarchs. It's time to wipe the slate clean.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
While I agree with the opinions above, I wonder if those 3rd parties can get enough air time to be heard by the majority of people in the US? We grow up hearing about dems and repubs, and nothing else. People here and elsewhere know there are other parties to vote for, but for those that are pissed off about the current situation in America; are they willing to do the research like we are? To make an informed decision outside of the two party system?

That's my only fear, and the libs stay in power cause the the voters didn't hear or pay attention to the Libertarian party, or don't know what the 9/12 project is, and/or don't know what the Tea Party movement is all about. A candidate for the 8th congressional district in TN has come out telling his voters that he is dropping the R in front of his name and making it an I with the Tea Party behind him, so there's one instance to see what can happen, and there have been a few others switching parties as of late.

I hope that enough people have removed their heads from their rear end, and do some veting of their own, cause we know the MSM isn't going to. With that, I will vote for whoever stands for what I do, and has a background to show the same.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
I will vote for whoever stands for what I do, and has a background to show the same.
That statement is far more important than the idea of voting out incumbents or worrying about what letter is after their name.

You MUST look at the candidate and his/her history and where her ties lay. You must then vote on that information.

There is no other way to save us from the seemingly perpetual path of demise we've been on for man years.

Do not get caught up in party politics, get caught up in personal politics, history and connections. If they can't meet your requirements, you cannot vote for them.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 AM

The problem is that all those politicians with the D or the R after their names have to play the same game just to get on the ballot and after they are elected they have to pander to the powers who got them there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.