Amen Amen Amen - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Amen Amen Amen

Amen, Amen, Amen
Got this in an email..................

In Washington, D.C. an old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he
had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital and was well
known among the elected officials. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see President Obama and Speaker Pelosi before I
die", whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father", replied the nurse.

The nurse sent the request to The President and Congress and waited for a
response. Soon the word arrived; President Obama and Nancy Pelosi would be
delighted to visit the priest.

As they went to the hospital, Obama commented to Pelosi, "I don't know why
the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images and
might even get me re-elected."

Pelosi agreed that it was a good thing.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Obama's hand in
his right hand and Pelosi's hand in his left hand. There was silence and a
look of serenity on the old priest's face.

Finally President Obama spoke.. "Father, of all the people you could have
chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life
after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"Amen", said Obama.

"Amen", said Pelosi.

The old priest continued, "Jesus died between two lying thieves; I would
like to do the same."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That would be true IF we thought he would respect the preists wishes of seeing him
Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 PM
back to business

Good stuff
Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just wondering what jokes you guys had to tell to each other when the "W"orst president of all time was in office???????? We r in this mess b/c of simple minded, hate loving people. I really find it funny that "Christians" (traditional republicans) are in fact republicans they don't want to help, forgive, or take care of anyone not even as we approach the day we celebrate the birth of our savior Jesus. You would rather throw stones and complain about change. Weren't republicans the party that opposed medicare, and Social Security. And now you are the ones who are clinging on to them with all you have to avoid some change. When 1000s of people die because they have to chose between paying to go to the doctor or putting a roof over their families heads. Its must take one of your parents, friends, or family members to die before you neanderthal men get it through your granite heads that there is more than one way to skin a cat. BTW how were your jobs in the 8 yrs of Clinton vs 8 yrs of Bush II. I'll get off my box now and I suppose you guys can fire away.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 PM

This all leads from the Clinton years. Bush gets the wrap for it. Do the research. And I am a christian and Jesus Christ is my savior. AND I am a republican and im sure there are plenty of democrats that are as well. But i do not support abortion or big government. AND when all of are children are paying for all the spending Obama is doing and we continue to bow to other countries then and only then will the dems finally get it. Or Not. Dont even get me started on defense. but im sure glad W was in office during 911 instead of the alternative. Just my 2 cents. AND WHAT ALL DEMS FAIL TO REMEMBER HAHAHA IS W HAD A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS. He couldnt pass anything they didnt want.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:18 PM

Well, you said fire away...I'll just give a niblet for you to think about and maybe even research for your own enlightenment.

Conservatives (unrelated to Christianity, but funny you mention that seeing as many Dems are Godless..) like to keep what they earn away from the government who squanders money and gives it to those the government deems deserving. Conservatives GIVE money away to charity at a rate that FAR exceeds liberals. There isn't even a comparison. Luckily many tax records of senators, congress people and those in higher office are there for the looking...start lookin bud. Your eyes should pop out of your head.

Medicare, social security are NOT about helping, forgiving or any other saintly intent- They are about promoting sloth and allowing your piss poor decisions in life to go without repercussion. Conservatives believe it is better for the whole (and its true- recall the teach a man to fish quote) for each individual to be self sufficient and help those that are in NEED, not those that are lazy, undeserving, thieves, dishonest, etc.

That is the key difference between so called libs/compassionates and Conservatives.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Infidel

Dave, I saw that awhile back and it was just as funny today as when I first read it a month or so ago.

Hmmmm....what to say, what to say???? With a whopping post count of 11 I doubt you know me. So let me introduce myself....Conservative....dare I say neo-con, Christian....get ready for this......I am fallible, screw up, sin, pretty much imperfect, but I try on a daily basis to be a better Christian today than I was yesterday, sometimes I do great and sometimes I fail miserably. No R or D next to my name, Independent or Libertarian if I must be labeled, and by no means a huge Bush supporter. Having said all of this......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzhunting View Post
just wondering what jokes you guys had to tell to each other when the "W"orst president of all time was in office You base this assertion on what supporting data????????? We r in this mess b/c of simple minded, hate loving people Do you have names? To whom are you referring? I see this comment and assume you are talking about the 9/11 hijackers. . I really find it funny that "Christians" (traditional republicans) are in fact republicans they don't want to help You mean help like this: Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year - USATODAY.com or maybe this Gores' Charitable Giving Raises Some Eyebrows - April 15, 1998 you probably won't like this one RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers, forgive What have we conservatives not forgiven?, or take care of anyone Again, in case you missed it RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers not even as we approach the day we celebrate the birth of our Are you a Christian or not? I base this on your comment "I find it really funny that 'Christians" "......... Are you lumping yourself in with us now?savior Jesus. You would rather throw stones and complain about change It depends what that change is. More government intrusion, higher taxes, less personal freedoms, corrupt leaders (both parties), spending that cannot be repaid, leading to the collapse of this nation . Weren't republicans the party that opposed medicare, and Social Security Actually, if you take some time to research this, you might find that some republicans were just trying to keep these two entities solvent.. And now you are the ones who are clinging on to them with all you have to avoid some change. When 1000s of people die because they have to chose between paying to go to the doctor or putting a roof over their families heads How familiar are you with the workings of our medical system? I am going to say I am very familiar with it and what you are asserting RARELY happens. If someone in this country wants health care in this country they get it. They go to their local ER and are treated. If they are here illegally, no ID, claim no money, and need all life saving measures they get it PERIOD. If you were to show up to your local ER tonight and need an emergency surgery, you'd get it, regardless of ability to pay. If you needed to be admitted for X Y Z condition, you'd be admitted, again, regardless of the ability to pay, AND TREATED. . Its must take one of your parents, friends, or family members to die SEE ABOVE before you neanderthal men get it through your granite heads that there is more than one way to skin a cat How blessed we are to be in the presence of such a highly enlightened individual such as yourself to show us the errors of our simpleton ways. . BTW how were your jobs in the 8 yrs of Clinton vs 8 yrs of Bush II. I'll let you do your own research, but FWIW:
Clinton - Low / norm 6%
Bush - low / norm 4.2%
Now ask us how the jobs are Bush vs. obama.
I'll get off my box now and I suppose you guys can fire away. Done
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghawg98 View Post
Well, you said fire away...I'll just give a niblet for you to think about and maybe even research for your own enlightenment.

Conservatives (unrelated to Christianity, but funny you mention that seeing as many Dems are Godless..) like to keep what they earn away from the government who squanders money and gives it to those the government deems deserving. Conservatives GIVE money away to charity at a rate that FAR exceeds liberals. There isn't even a comparison. Luckily many tax records of senators, congress people and those in higher office are there for the looking...start lookin bud. Your eyes should pop out of your head.

Medicare, social security are NOT about helping, forgiving or any other saintly intent- They are about promoting sloth and allowing your piss poor decisions in life to go without repercussion. Conservatives believe it is better for the whole (and its true- recall the teach a man to fish quote) for each individual to be self sufficient and help those that are in NEED, not those that are lazy, undeserving, thieves, dishonest, etc.

That is the key difference between so called libs/compassionates and Conservatives.
Well said.

Craig
Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasR.N. View Post
Dave, I saw that awhile back and it was just as funny today as when I first read it a month or so ago.

Hmmmm....what to say, what to say???? With a whopping post count of 11 I doubt you know me. So let me introduce myself....Conservative....dare I say neo-con, Christian....get ready for this......I am fallible, screw up, sin, pretty much imperfect, but I try on a daily basis to be a better Christian today than I was yesterday, sometimes I do great and sometimes I fail miserably. No R or D next to my name, Independent or Libertarian if I must be labeled, and by no means a huge Bush supporter. Having said all of this......

Well said.

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.