Balanced Budget my butt - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Balanced Budget my butt

Obama Shatters Spending Record for First-Year Presidents - FOXNews.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to excursionMark
i think it is good that he is under this much scrutiny ... and i also hope that we always put all of our elected officials under this much scrutiny but the truth is you have to spend money to make money ... he cant magically get us out of debt without spending anything ... and included in this is around 1 billion that was spent at the end of bush's term ... and on top of all of that this is such a GOP loving news station ... not that thats a bad thing per say just saying just getting an opinion from fox is like just getting your info on cigarettes from newport ... because we all know they would give an honest centered non biased opinion oh wait they wont
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by excursionMark View Post
i think it is good that he is under this much scrutiny ... and i also hope that we always put all of our elected officials under this much scrutiny but the truth is you have to spend money to make money ... he cant magically get us out of debt without spending anything ... and included in this is around 1 billion that was spent at the end of bush's term ... and on top of all of that this is such a GOP loving news station ... not that thats a bad thing per say just saying just getting an opinion from fox is like just getting your info on cigarettes from newport ... because we all know they would give an honest centered non biased opinion oh wait they wont
And getting an opinion from CNN is really fair and balanced right? I was simply saying that he was campaigning under the pretense of a balanced budget.

Now as far as the you have to spend money to make money that is true with everything but the government. If they slash taxes and let the people do what they are going to do the economy would recover much faster. If you have money and the government is taking it from you at a higher rate you are less inclined to spend it here. If you are a business that is getting taxed to oblivion then you are going to shift you operations to a more tax friendly place. That is basic ECO 101 stuff. But I guess you don't need to know that to be the boss.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:00 PM

Yes you do have to spend money to make money. But there are such things as bad investments. And mark the words of that news station that you may not like, if we keep on this track, it will get bad here.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
And getting an opinion from CNN is really fair and balanced right? I was simply saying that he was campaigning under the pretense of a balanced budget.

Now as far as the you have to spend money to make money that is true with everything but the government. If they slash taxes and let the people do what they are going to do the economy would recover much faster. If you have money and the government is taking it from you at a higher rate you are less inclined to spend it here. If you are a business that is getting taxed to oblivion then you are going to shift you operations to a more tax friendly place. That is basic ECO 101 stuff. But I guess you don't need to know that to be the boss.
nope knowing that isnt a requirement ... college isnt a requirement in general so ECO 101 is out of the question lol ... but i agree that if you tax businesses less they will be more inclined to do their business here ... and i hope that companies that have kept the american way do through these tough times (my dad works in the union and if not for the american way idea i wouldnt have a roof over my head right now) but i think that taxes should be much more specific than they are now ... by that i mean they should break it up into smaller income brackets than they do now ... and have that carry over for businesses also ... but im not a politician or economic genius or anything of the sorts so thats not my place ... and i think that the spend money to get money thing still applies to gov ... just not when they mint more money to pay for whatever they are paying for ... and i dont know if you have ever done any research into the federal reserve but i think that that is some bull$$hit in itself ... mainly because it is privately owned but thats a WHOLE different topic .. kind of
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Still Alive

There is only one thing that the gov should spend money on.......

Wait for it........

Wait for it........

Done waiting yet.......

Defense. Everything else is just a redistribution of wealth.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Still Alive

Wait while I am at it how about we pay these folks based on what they do for the country. Here is what the Congress makes.
Pay and Perquisites of Members of Congress, from TheCapitol.Net,

And here is what the Military makes.
http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/b...9%20capped.pdf

Oh wait and we have to pay taxes and they shoot at some of us. Where is the balance there? I make less as an E7 in the Military then some Minion at (insert Gov agency here) does. Yep they are all about spending money on the important things.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM

The sad thing is, it's not just the president, its most of congress too. I dont know what they are thinkin up there. We are 12 trillion dollars in debt so you think they would start becoming a little bit responsible with how they spend money we dont have. But instead they choose to buy a vote for 300,000,000 and spend 100,000,000 on a civil case that shouldnt even exist! Now whats going to happen when they need more votes to pass the healthcare???? You guessed it, those states that are holding out are going to say "well, im just not convinced...but maybe for XXX,XXX,XXX amount of dollars you can have my vote too." Its rediculous, most of them are crooks and should be put in prison.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
There is only one thing that the gov should spend money on.......

Wait for it........

Wait for it........

Done waiting yet.......

Defense. Everything else is just a redistribution of wealth.
i agree that we need to spend money on defense but we are already spending a massive amount of $ on defense ... and i dont think that that is the only thing we need to spend money on ... there are many many other things that we should spend money on .. like environmental research and possibly generally somehow increasing the quality of life for americans and spending a bit less money abroad at least for the time being
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.