A tough time for future liberals?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North East,Md.
Posts: 1,594
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A tough time for future liberals??

I read the first part of this article and thought....what a shame,cost of education going up? (a sign of the times?)

When I got to the part that said "Political Science Professor Mark Sawyer was in his UCLA classroom, giving a lecture on interracial marriage in Brazil, and the students walked out..I thought OH NO ...the country is goin to he11 in a handbasket as they will miss their next classes:

la101 French "politeness studies"
la102 Oxygen derprivation studies( on the effects of wearing veils in arabic countries)
la103 The JOYS of becomeing a full fledged LIBERAL (post graduate studies)

Tell me it isn't so....there were NO classes like that when I went to colledge!!!(sp)

California university regents approve 32 percent tuition increase - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 30,948
Thanks: 106
Thanked 88 Times in 82 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnecsteve View Post
I read the first part of this article and thought....what a shame,cost of education going up? (a sign of the times?)

When I got to the part that said "Political Science Professor Mark Sawyer was in his UCLA classroom, giving a lecture on interracial marriage in Brazil, and the students walked out..I thought OH NO ...the country is goin to he11 in a handbasket as they will miss their next classes:

la101 French "politeness studies"
la102 Oxygen derprivation studies( on the effects of wearing veils in arabic countries)
la103 The JOYS of becomeing a full fledged LIBERAL (post graduate studies)


Tell me it isn't so....there were NO classes like that when I went to colledge!!!(sp)

California university regents approve 32 percent tuition increase - CNN.com
Those arent real classes are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North East,Md.
Posts: 1,594
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Those arent real classes are they?
I thought that the first class, French Politeness would be a dead giveaway that they're fictitional classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit


 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 30,948
Thanks: 106
Thanked 88 Times in 82 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnecsteve View Post
I thought that the first class, French Politeness would be a dead giveaway that they're fictitional classes.
I figured they were. But I looked at some of the UCLA course listings. YOur list wasnt far off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem is the state of California is in enormous debt.
They figure they can recover some of their money by jacking up tuition costs, all the while contributing to the continuous stupification of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kitsap Co. WA
Posts: 1,411
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
Problem is the state of California is in enormous debt.
They figure they can recover some of their money by jacking up tuition costs, all the while contributing to the continuous stupification of America.
That why Kommiefornia is in trouble, the smart people left the state.Now all thats left is the stupid ones.... and of course there is a few smart owners left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 375
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The problem is not on the taxing side, however, but lies with too much spending and waste of taxpayer dollars. So sad that so few of us "get it" with regard to something so very simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors