What has the PC world done to the US? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What has the PC world done to the US?

In the wake of the slayings at Ft Hood, I couldn't help but think that the PC crowd in this country has basically INVITED this type of behavior. With religious freedom that we have, the inability to profile people based on race or creed, has left the back door wide open for this type of violence. Its a sad state of afairs when the law makers that WE hire, are allowed to put their constituents in harms way by listening and taking bribes from the cultures or religions that mean the US's way of life harm

Military jihadists fill 'every branch'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe one day they will wake up. They been screwing the Native American for how many years, and I guess it's still OK. but take any other ethnic portion and........
Old 11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

I dont screw native americans becaues I dont no any and Im ugly!!!!ahahahahahahahah!!! Are you talking about PC like computers????? Shucs I just learned how to use one and people wont like me now?????? Shucs Ill fill a slip and slide with cow dung and throw some one down it who wants a woopin. Ill bouncse a rock off thieir head!!!!!!:heh e:
Old 11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchopflavoredicecream View Post
I dont screw native americans becaues I dont no any and Im ugly!!!!ahahahahahahahah!!! Are you talking about PC like computers????? Shucs I just learned how to use one and people wont like me now?????? Shucs Ill fill a slip and slide with cow dung and throw some one down it who wants a woopin. Ill bouncse a rock off thieir head!!!!!!:heh e:
Uh.... What???
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
Uh.... What???

You don't speak Appalachian?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

PC= Politically Correct
Old 11-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
In the wake of the slayings at Ft Hood, I couldn't help but think that the PC crowd in this country has basically INVITED this type of behavior. With religious freedom that we have, the inability to profile people based on race or creed, has left the back door wide open for this type of violence. Its a sad state of afairs when the law makers that WE hire, are allowed to put their constituents in harms way by listening and taking bribes from the cultures or religions that mean the US's way of life harm

Military jihadists fill 'every branch'
First and foremost, those "religious freedoms" are what our country was founded on, among others

One thing we pride ourselves on, and condemn other countries for, is the ability to worship openly and freely as you wish. If we start picking and choosing religions, then which one should get cut next?

It's not the PC crowd that has brought this on. I will agree with you that the level of political correctness in our country has gotten way out of hand

But I disagree with you on the matter of profiling.

I was a deputy sheriff when profiling first made it's entry into the LE/intell community. At first it looked great and, in the case of drug smugglers, seemed to work pretty well....then the smugglers got smarter
They adapted and the next thing you know, you have grandma and grandpa smuggling dope up the highway in their RV

The problem with any sort of profiling is that when it's your primary basis for action or interest, you inevitably miss something

You can't judge a person simply on the color of thier skin, their religious beliefs or lack thereof, thier gender, age or any other single factor. There has to be more.

Take a look at Timothy Mcveigh. Who would have guessed? He certainly didn't meet any of the profiling standards. Just another disgruntled soldier

There are too many disgruntled Americans today, fully capable of and in some situations predisposed to, violent behavior to depend on profiling to prevent these incidents.

The last major base shooting was domestic related.

We've had a couple of workplace shootings here over unemployment and there will likely be, at some point, some pissed off, on his/her last legs, homeowner, facing bank foreclosure, that will go into a bank and cap the living chit out of all he see's until he's stopped

So profiling on the basis of religion and ethnicity, will not necessarily stop these terroristic acts, these acts of randon violence.

In this case, better intelligence gathering and some real damned police work, might have stopped it

Here's a big part of what allowed this to occur:

The FBI and Army Intelligence apparently had information and concerns about the Major some time back and dismissed or failed to act on them?

They failed again!! Seems to be a reoccuring pattern among the feds and the intell community.

But part of the reason they failed is the way they're hamstrung by regulation.

I didn't care for parts of the Patriot Act, but I do agree with allowing our intell and investigative agencies the latitude to do what they do best, once they have some sort of reasonable suspicion, not based soley on race or ethnicity.

In this case, apparently the major had been on at least one known terroist website and was a sympathizer with this guys beliefs against America!

When this sort of thing is intercepted, let them monitor, observe, interview, whatever they have to do, to see if there's a potential threat from the individual?

If it were me, and they came knocking over say, my sentence above about the homeowner, I'd invite them in, give them a glass of iced tea, and chat with them about the situation in America and show them the data. It's wasn't a threat, it's an observation. It would be a simple matter to allay any fears and we all go about our business. But we're too concerned over our freaking privacy

I like my privacy, but I don't have a problem with someone looking into me IF there's just cause

Don't abuse it and use it sparingly, but give them the authority they need to do the job they have to do.

Finally, if we have gov't officials on the take, then prosecute them and get rid of them.

If they're taking from the terrorist, then I say deport them to the land that they apparently love

Although many are scum, I don't think we're going to find many if any, taking money from known terrorist organizations.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Either more or less drug dude
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
Maybe one day they will wake up. They been screwing the Native American for how many years, and I guess it's still OK. but take any other ethnic portion and........
Where's the ORGs resident Native American when you need him?

I agree though, this is turning into the Roman empire.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:34 AM

When the military got rid of the old fashoned ASSWOOPIN, thats when it all went down hill.

That where parenting has gone down hill as well.

My 2 cents!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.