Government's nose where it doesnt belong, again! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Government's nose where it doesnt belong, again!

Stealth Agenda in Health-Care Bill: Early Childhood Home VisitationThe massive 1,018-page health care bill introduced by House Democrats is full of bad policy ideas, and they’re not all even about health care. One troublesome provision calls for a home visitation program that would bring state workers into the homes of young families to improve “the well-being, health, and development of children.”
Lawmakers have essentially inserted the “Education Begins at Home Act” – which was introduced in 2008 and again this year by Rep. Danny Davis (D-IL) and Sen. Kit Bond (R-MO) – into the health care bill under the home visitation section. Despite the fact that as a stand-alone bill the Education Begins at Home Act failed to gain traction last year, lawmakers intent on increasing the federal role in education into the preschool years have inserted the language into the mammoth health care bill.

Section 440 of the House bill – Home Visitation Programs for Families with Young Children and Families Expecting Children – would provide grants to states to establish home visitation programs to educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills. The “well-trained and competent staff” will:
…provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains…modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices; [and] skills to interact with their child…
Aside from the obviously questionable role of the federal government in such practices, the vaguely-worded program specifics are troublesome. The home visitation provision dictates that the state will “prioritize serving communities that are in high need of such services, especially communities with a high proportion of low-income families or a high incidence of child maltreatment.” While the home visitation program is described as “voluntary,” it’s not clear whether it would remain voluntary throughout or just up to the time a parent trainer enters the home.
The federal government doesn’t hold the key to parenting success, and creating a new home visitation program would further increase the federal role in preschool education. Just one more reason for parents to be concerned about what’s actually in the health care bill.

Stealth Agenda in Health-Care Bill: Early Childhood Home Visitation The Foundry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 AM

I really need someone to wipe my azz. Is there anything in that bill about that?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM

This health care bill will be to the health insurance industry what the TARP bill was to banks. It should be called the Healthcare Industry Profit Insurance Plan.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

I guess I'm just slow. With all this government guidance and help, I don't feel any safer.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM

I just love social workers. There so smart after they get there 4 year liberal arts degree.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
Let me speculate here... if you don't conform to their standards you can kiss your kids goodbye? Gov. will just have to keep their nosy selves outta my home!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 PM

Thank God! Now there will be somebody to let me know if it is acceptable to give my daughters a pile of Tootsie Rolls for dinner.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLewis79 View Post
Thank God! Now there will be somebody to let me know if it is acceptable to give my daughters a pile of Tootsie Rolls for dinner.
hahaha thats what i fed the kids i was babysitting. thats all they would eat
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just another way for them to raise 'good' liberal douchebags . They ahve done it to public schools, why stop there, let's go to their homes too, to REALLY get into their heads. OMG my head is about to pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.