If I were president...
Here are some things I would enact/mandate. Long I know, but I gotta vent! Would anyone vote for a platform like this or am I just a nutjob?
1) Stop spending on welfare. You get maybe 6 months every 3 years to be used once, non-accruable. Everyone falls on hard times and I don't have a problem helping out some, but this life long welfare crap has to go. The mentality of gov't handouts is bankrupting our country, not only financially, but morally. Private donations will cover any lacking amounts as they did in years past. Churches, the Salvation Army, the Red Cross, United Way......there's plenty out there.
2) Increase defense spending. We need to be the biggest, baddest MFers in the world. We can do it. The world will never see peace everywhere and while we do not need to play policeman for the world for free, we do need to get involved sometimes and we need to be able to do it swiftly and effectively.
3) Stop ALL climate change legislation. The science is not settled. The theories are not reliable and well frankly, its just plain arrogant to assume that we are changing the world so drastically with so little overall 'work' Nevermind the fact that its been said we cannot reverse the course. Explain why Mars has a similar heat/cool cycle as the earth does. Explain why there was an ice age. Explain why there were dark ages. Our data goes back about 130 years for temperature..and even that is debatable. Quit legislating on crap you dont know.
4) Stop legislating! The House and Senate need to understand its not their job to continually control us when we do not ask for it. I do not recall asking for higher MPGs for a car. I do not recall asking AIG to get a bailout (or GM, Chrysler, Freddie, Fannie, etc) Congress should sit on their hands for 90% of the time they are there and WORK AT A REAL JOB during the rest of the year.
5) Cut all congressional and senatorial pay. Politics was never a career, nor should it be now. Pay is inclusive of benefits, pay raises and all other compensation. You are there to serve your country, not become rich off of it. How many of you on here make 180k/yr plus all kinds of insane benefits? There may be a few, but mostly not. I will pay for your travel to and from DC for 2 trips/yr, and lodging at a reasonable extended stay apartment for YOU, not your family & friends. I'll even give you a per diem that is comparable to that in the business world. 25-40 dollars/day.
6) Goodbye ALL lobbist groups Self explanitory. Too many hands on too many c*cks in DC. That has got to stop.
7) Stop the abuse of the courts This is a big one No 10m dollar settlements because your dumb *** spilled coffee in your lap. No class action lawsuits where laywers get 60+% of the awards. No lawyers bringing suit 'on behalf of' and sucking down the $. Activist judges must be stopped. Your job is to interpret the law as it is written- Do not apply foreign rulings, do not apply feeling, do not apply emotion. Read it, apply it, rule on it. Stop putting your ideas into my life. For example- A murderer confesses a crime without his lawyer present, but was not coerced...and murderer gets off on a technicality and the cop goes to jail for purjury or loses his pension. WRONG. Murderer goes to jail is how the story should end.
8) Remove this unfair, complex tax code We do need something to maintain federal highways, defense and other large infrastructure. I get this. So, how about 15% across the board on PURCHASES. Period, end of story. No death tax. No estate tax. No income tax. This bracketed punishment for earning more is abhorrent at best. I succeed so I have to pay more to the slackers in the world? Eff no. This is (was) AMERICA. You have the ability to become anything you want- some choose to forgo this and become slackers. Thats fine, but I don't want to pay for your 'poor' lifestyle due to your choice. If we tax what money is spent, it will affect everyone equally. Poorer people spend less and get taxed less. Richer people spend more and will pay more. I have no problem with that. At least it lets me keep my money and not get taxed 15 times before I finally am able to purchase a good. Think about it- You make 10 bucks/hr. You pay FICA, State, Federal, sometimes local taxes just to get your paycheck amount. THEN you pay a beer tax, a restaurant tax, a hotel tax, a rental car tax, gas tax, a local option tax and THEN you finally get the good you want to purchase. After the first round of taxation, you're down to earning about 7.50/hr. Then after the second round, you could lose easily another 7-20% in taxes. SO for every 10 bucks you make, you really only get 5-6 dollars worth of value. And thats in the LOW tax bracket!!!!! How the EFF does that work!?!?
9) Marriage is between a man and a woman. I have to admit, I'm with the former Miss CA on this one. We ARE a Christian nation. We were founded on God and by a God fearing people. I do not believe a child can be raised properly by two dads or two moms. I make no apologies for this thought. A man cannot teach womanly emotions and a woman cannot teach manly strength. If you don't like it, I'm sure there is a European country that would love to have you. Do I believe there should be punishment for same sex desires? No, but there certainly should not be rewards. Pretty soon we're going to have the homosexual lobby acting like the black slave lobby (its started in Charleston...) People who are out of the ordinary are looked upon that way. Is it fair? No, its just life. Its not fair that a kid was born with spina bifida, or a cleft lip or even two different colored eyes- they will be looked at funny by others for their entire lives probably. The same holds true for a homosexual couple. Is there anything more wrong with homosexuality than there is a physical handicap? No (and I'm not saying homosexual is a defect), but since it is not the mainstream, it is viewed as odd....Hopefully everyone gets the idea here as this is a tough subject to talk about online. I'm not a homophobe, nor do I care if you are a homosexual.
10) States Rights. Stop federal mandates and strong arming. The fed saying 'you wont get x dollars for this, until you change the law on that' Umm. Wrong. That's not the spirit of the constitution so cut with the power trip.
Oh, there is more, but its probably already too long for anyone to read.
I'm a wh0re for free stuff