Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PTPA Chat

14K views 237 replies 5 participants last post by  Eagle 33 
#1 ·
now that we are officially a chapter... time to have a chat thread.

so... what would you guys like to see out of this chapter?

#62 ·
I might have to go down there and see if they'll let me drive the 6.7
I was at starkey ford the other day but no 2011's

#65 ·
anyone have interest is a set of corner lights off a 2002? i got them here sitting in the basement free for the taking

#66 ·
well. this is what just happened to me today. qouted of another forum im on..and yes i already got crap for getting it towed, but i wasnt messing around with it in the middle of the parking lot with no tools and no idea what im doing..

well. today is saturday, and its my little cousins birthday and i was going over to new jersey to visit him and some family that i hadnt seen in almost two years. my little cousin is turning 4 btw. So yesterday i went out and bought some presents and got up this morning which was a surprise for me being in college and all.

anyways, i got gas, went to dunkins and got a sandwhich and coffee and was on my way, i got about 10ish miles away from school and my truck started acting like a flat tire in a way, so i pulled over into a parking lot and checked the tire pressure and kicked the tire and stuff a little bit, got back in my truck and moved it about 3 feet and heard a grinding sound, now for the past week and a half i heard a metallic ping sound everytime i went over a bump and i couldnt figure out what it was, anyways, i get back out and look at the rim and see the brake caliper resting against my rim, so of course i start cursing because now im not going anywhere.

called up a tow truck and got my truck towed to the local ford dealer, and i took pictures because i had warranty brake work done at my dealer back in maine. so needless to say that the dealer back home is going to be getting a call about the work, because they were the last ones that touched the brakes..

well my truck is now sitting in the back lot of the ford dealer until monday when i can go into to make a service appointment, because apparently the service dept isnt open on saturdays down here. and they wouldnt let me make an appointment..

but im glad all of this happened in town because once i hit the highway and 65-70 mph speeds i wouldnt want to have see what would happen if my caliper fell off going that fast, and im also glad its now because in two weeks im towing a uhaul trailer from selinsgrove pa to auburn me..so losing a caliper with a trailer would not have been the most fun thing in the world.. i know its not a huge catastrophe but i needed to rant because i was really looking forward to seeing my family.. in the last two weeks ive gotten a parking ticket while unloading groceries into my dorm, had to get the truck jumped once, and it took three cycles of the key to start yesterday. lets hope this is the last problems i have for a while.. anyways on with the pics..

#67 ·
that sucks hope the dealer will warranty it

#69 ·
did ya get your truck fixed?
what was wrong? looks like caliper bolts came loose or broke.

#70 ·
any of you make it to the sand drags? I had to put a wheel bearing on my brothers dodge instead of going

#71 ·
wanted to... but one thing led to another and by the time we were ready to go it would have been too late. on a positive note... we have lived here since we built our house 3 years ago... and this weekend we finally made our first garden.

#72 ·
Time at home's always good too:nod:

#74 ·
thats good too

#76 ·
well... it was peasoup humid in portland today... made for a miserable day at work. howver my wife turned on the central air in the house tonight.so i'm going to sleep like a rock tonight!

#77 ·
they keep saying rain and thunder and lightning but I havnt seen or heard any yet:dunno:
a little rain would have been nice and cooling today and yesterday at work.
went to fire up my a/c and it dose not work house or truck:doh:I have those crappy in wall type heaters/ A/C like motels have,
I think the truck just needs charge... i hope

#78 ·
i've gone crazy.... i'm working 26 hours on the "B!TCH" trucks today.... 12 on the wheelie van getting my butt handed to me... then a 4 hour break and then 10 hours overnight on an ambulance. i hope its a calm tonight... but i doubt it

#79 ·
hope it a calm night for you!
you work some crazy shifts:crazy:

#80 ·
thats the life of a peson in medical transportation...

i usually work 5a-5p monday, tuesday, wednesday.

but when i got back to base tonight i asked if they had fillend and opening and they said "yup..with you!!" so i got to work at 430am today and i'll get out sometime around 630-7 am tomorrow... long day... but that puts me at almost 14 hours OT in one day

#81 ·
it was a sleepless night... but i said i'd do it again in a heartbeat if they'd let me.

i'm not an EMT (yet) so i'm not usually assigned to an ambulance. I like being the driver all night... no PCR's to compose!!!

#82 ·
well.... my computer died saturday morning. it wont turn on at all. so it may be a while before i'm posting again.

#84 ·
That sucks, hope you get it taken care of quick and cheap!

#83 ·
I finally bought the pistol I've been wanting!:woot:

#85 ·
i'll have to check my stock... i might have some things for the g19 on hand.

the laptop is already off to visit the repair man...

and the desktop will hopefully get fixed this week by Dell... but wwho knows. at least the desktop is under warranty still.

#86 ·
just came back from bill-dube ford, 3 2011's all gassers:( no test drive today

#87 ·
i t5hink i saw you in NB today... were you down by the dunkin donuts around 2pm? i was in the white and pinkish red wheelchair van sitting at DD if you were

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.