Disappointed in PTP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Performance Truck Products Performance Truck Products

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Disappointed in PTP

purchased a exhaust on November 23rd that is unopened in the box. Traded my 6.0 in on a 6.4. Chatted with Nate today. I understand you have a 30 day return policy, but seems with all the mods we do on these trucks, you could have hooked me up with some kind of store credit or restocking fee or something to keep my business. I mean...I have a whole new list of mods for this truck now that I am starting over. Oh well....

Just my .02 Thanks for hearing me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You obviously aren't a business man. you expect them to treat you special then what about the next person...they are going to expect the same treatment as you. You aren't special. You obviously have enough money so why are you complaining about returning an exhaust system? Just sell it. They can't accept it after 30 days because if they do then you go and tell someone then that person tells someone then everyone will expect them to be leinent on their 30 day return policy. Think about it and you can figure it out on your own.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 PM

I see no issues. 30 days is 30 days. Sell it and move on. Not a big deal.I really see no point for this thread. Rag on a sponsor of the site for no reason.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
You obviously aren't a business man. you expect them to treat you special then what about the next person...they are going to expect the same treatment as you. You aren't special. You obviously have enough money so why are you complaining about returning an exhaust system? Just sell it. They can't accept it after 30 days because if they do then you go and tell someone then that person tells someone then everyone will expect them to be leinent on their 30 day return policy. Think about it and you can figure it out on your own.
Actually, I am. And I do it all the time. If its unopened and resellable, then whats the harm? Make the customer happy and they will come back time after time. Like I said... just my .02
Old 02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlarsen View Post
I see no issues. 30 days is 30 days. Sell it and move on. Not a big deal.I really see no point for this thread. Rag on a sponsor of the site for no reason.
Its a forum. I am relaying my experiences for other members such as yourself. If its not an issue for you then great. I just found it odd was all. FYI. Their shipping was quick and product was as described, or the box looks good anyway. lol
Old 02-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exactly, what's the harm. Just sell it on your own and don't complain on a public forum when a place like ptp upholds their 30 day return policy. They are a lot larger then you are. SInce you are a business man you should be able to understand....but you don't.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd222 View Post
purchased a exhaust on November 23rd that is unopened in the box. Traded my 6.0 in on a 6.4. Chatted with Nate today. I understand you have a 30 day return policy, but seems with all the mods we do on these trucks, you could have hooked me up with some kind of store credit or restocking fee or something to keep my business. I mean...I have a whole new list of mods for this truck now that I am starting over. Oh well....

Just my .02 Thanks for hearing me out.
Company policies are there for a reason, 30 days is a LONG time for a chance to return a product if it is not what you wanted. I am sorry if you are upset with us, but I do not remember chatting with anyone who wanted to trade a product in or upgrade to something else. Did you present it to me that way or did you just ask if you could return it? We will do any and everything we can to make sure our customers are happy and taken care of.

Also, exhaust systems are a real pain to deal with. UPS is not gentle with them so it is very common for the box and sometimes the contents to be beat up during transit. When you return an exhaust, that process happens twice and very rarely do they ever show up in good shape. There is almost always a re-box and/or restocking fee because of this. I wish there was a better way to ship them, but we are stuck with UPS or Fedex and their employees HATE 80+ lb boxes.

Again, I am sorry that you are not happy with us. If you still have the kit or would like to talk more about this, feel free to give me a holler or shoot me a PM. Believe it or not, there are still companies out there that care about their customers and truly want to make sure they are happy and taken care of. If nothing else, we can help you sell it. Let me know.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
Company policies are there for a reason, 30 days is a LONG time for a chance to return a product if it is not what you wanted. I am sorry if you are upset with us, but I do not remember chatting with anyone who wanted to trade a product in or upgrade to something else. Did you present it to me that way or did you just ask if you could return it? We will do any and everything we can to make sure our customers are happy and taken care of.

Also, exhaust systems are a real pain to deal with. UPS is not gentle with them so it is very common for the box and sometimes the contents to be beat up during transit. When you return an exhaust, that process happens twice and very rarely do they ever show up in good shape. There is almost always a re-box and/or restocking fee because of this. I wish there was a better way to ship them, but we are stuck with UPS or Fedex and their employees HATE 80+ lb boxes.

Again, I am sorry that you are not happy with us. If you still have the kit or would like to talk more about this, feel free to give me a holler or shoot me a PM. Believe it or not, there are still companies out there that care about their customers and truly want to make sure they are happy and taken care of. If nothing else, we can help you sell it. Let me know.

Now that's customer service. Keep it up PTP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.