Press Release :: Cobb's Diesel Performance :: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Performance Machine & Manufacturing

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Press Release :: Cobb's Diesel Performance ::

Lenoir City, TN (November 21, 2011)… It has recently come to light among the diesel performance market that customer service & product reliability issues have been a hot topic regarding Cobb’s Diesel Performance. “People often love to jump in on the forums and sling mud, and I guess I’m not immune, so I would like to clear the air on a few things”, stated owner John Cobb. “I hired Matt Henderson last October as General Manger, because I take my company very seriously, and knew Matt’s strengths and proven track record were what the company needed. His years of experience in a management role with Cherry Bomb where he substantially increased productivity, customer service and quality control were exactly what was needed to help the growth of Cobb’s Diesel.”

A salesman and technician were terminated right away, and the company began to experience steady growth and increased customer service under his leadership. While helping guide the direction of Cobb’s Diesel Performance, Matt also formed his own company, Performance Machine & Manufacturing, which has exploded onto the scene of the diesel market in a very short period of time. With serious growth in distribution, exciting new product development, and many more demands on his time, he severed his relationship with Cobb’s Diesel Performance in May of 2011, continuing to recognize that there was still strong equity in its brand.

“One of the most important things I have learned through the course of my career is that to be successful, you must surround yourself with successful people who have the same passion and work ethic as you do,” stated Matt Henderson. In 2010, Cobb’s served over 7,000 individual customers whether it be in-person or over the phone. From orders of $10 to $15,000, they were all handled with the same attitude of care and respect by my turn-around team. However, in order to take Cobb’s Diesel to the next level, I knew I would have to take the company over, eliminate it’s current staff, and bring to it the experienced senior master tech’s and engineering experts that have gained Performance Machine the reputation it enjoys today.”

I am pleased to announce that PMM Group, LLC will be acquiring the Cobb’s Diesel Performance name, equipment, and facilities on January 1, 2012. John has agreed to keep the current staff on until they find another job, or until the end of the year, at which time they will be replaced by my current make it happen Performance Machine team and others currently engaged in the interview process. Whether you buy from us or not, always remember that we are here to help. My entire team loves everything about the diesel market. It is the best group of people to work with, and we are excited about the future, the many new products we will be launching, and bringing the Cobb’s Diesel Performance assets under the PMM Group umbrella.”

“I have been offered a new role in another company in the engineering field and am six classes away from finishing my mechanical engineering degree”, said John. “My new employer is going to allow me to finish school while working for them. I will also be taking on a Part-Time Product Management role to develop new products for Performance Machine & MFG., as this has always been my strong point in the industry. I simply never had the dedicated time to do so in the past. This industry is where my heart is and always will be.”

Performance Machine Manufacturing is located in Lenoir City, TN and was founded in 2010 to build the best aftermarket diesel products on the market. Dedicated to offering the customer a premium quality part for a reasonable price, Performance Machine is committed to bringing to market the latest developments in diesel technologies.
877-408-3256 Aftermarket Diesel Performance Products | Performance Machine Manufacturing
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Believe me I know have taken a big bite when I have vowed to take on repairing the reputation of this broken brand. But I will restore it as a reputable company. If you call Cobb's after 1/1/12 you will be talking to Performance Machine. We will provide the same customer service that our customers know and receive today.

Thank you to all of the Performance Machine supporters, I promise this will not side track the great things we are trying to provide to you from Performance Machine. In the end this will strengthen all of us as a company.

It is unfortunate that jobs have to be lost in this transition but I believe in customer service that never quits and I don't think the current Cobb's team could follow the PMM teams lead so cuts had to be made. Know that I am currently meeting with the Cobb's team daily to make sure nothing gets out of hand in the last days of operation with the "it isn't our problem soon anyway attitude".

Again thanks for your continued support.

-Matt H
Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerformanceMachineMFG View Post
Believe me I know have taken a big bite when I have vowed to take on repairing the reputation of this broken brand. But I will restore it as a reputable company. If you call Cobb's after 1/1/12 you will be talking to Performance Machine. We will provide the same customer service that our customers know and receive today.

Thank you to all of the Performance Machine supporters, I promise this will not side track the great things we are trying to provide to you from Performance Machine. In the end this will strengthen all of us as a company.

It is unfortunate that jobs have to be lost in this transition but I believe in customer service that never quits and I don't think the current Cobb's team could follow the PMM teams lead so cuts had to be made. Know that I am currently meeting with the Cobb's team daily to make sure nothing gets out of hand in the last days of operation with the "it isn't our problem soon anyway attitude".

Again thanks for your continued support.

-Matt H
Matt, Has John opened another Cobb's Diesel performance? Because I have called and placed an order since 1/1/12 and am continuing to get what appears to be the same old song and dance. This is my story from several other sites:

I purchased an item on 1/3/12 for $718. I had no update by the 6th so I called. After several attempts I got through and they assured me my order would get on the fed-ex truck that night. They were busy from New Year's. I then waited till later next week. I called back on the 11th and got through to Daniel finally. He said he is the sales manager. He said there is a problem. The part costs more money now, so I will need to pay an extra $100 to get the item shipped. I said that wasn't an option. I checked with my attorney and he said I had a case, but it would probably cost about $70 to file. So I called back several days later after I had cooled down. I left a message for John to call me on 1/13. I then called back today (1/17) and asked to speak with John. He was busy so I left another message. I then called back this afternoon, and he was there, then when they asked what it was regarding, he was suddenly at lunch. I repeatedly asked to speak with John and was flat out told no..I had to speak with Daniel. I tried to come to an agreement with Daniel that had me splitting the extra cost they claimed ( I offered to cough up an extra $50 to meet them half way, and they would not take it) and Daniel held fast. I could either get a refund, or give them another chunk of change. Buy the end of the call, it was up to $181 extra that I needed to provide. He had the audacity to tell me I was aware of the situation. Yeah, after I called you and tried to figure out where my product was. How long would they have waited before they initiated contact with me?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Old 01-18-2012, 03:29 AM

No he hasn't open another one but I haven't taken control of Cobb's either, there are some legal and financial things that have held us up. We have merged staff so it is in the work, I am sure Daniel was doing whatever he was told. If you would like to give me a call and explain to me in detail everything you are talking about I would make up for any wrong doings. I don't know the situation but I will fix it. PMM 1-877-408-3256 I answer maybe 50% of the time so you may have to ask for me. Cobb's is still under old ownership until we get a few things figured out.

Daniel is my inside sales manager, I am sure this is what he was told to do. Let's discuss when you get the opportunity.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Matt and I are working towards a resolution to my problem. My experience thus far is that Matt is a stand up guy, and is going to fix the problem the right way. There has been no mud slung here, I have stated only facts, and will continue to do so.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Yeah Matt is a good guy I'm sure he will get it fixed for ya
Old 01-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Matt got me squared away making sure it went out that day, and got it to me next day. Things are looking up. Thanks for stepping up to the plate Matt. You hit a home run.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Pmm has my business. I will be ordering stuff for my dpf delete soon. You are really taking a bold move taking over a company with that kind of reputation. I probably ordered from Cobbs back when u still worked there. I ordered my diamond eye exhaust from them a while back. They gave me a great deal. Shipped it soooo fast and if you bought a diamond eye exhaust you got your choice of free diamond eye hat or cobbs t shirt and I picked the t shirt and it didn't come with my exhaust so I called and they sent me a t shirt and hat for free. That's the last thing I ordered from them and it was a++++ service.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

wish i had read this before i orderd from them, just got my order in yesterday and i am missing two things , egr delete,and up pipes,and coolint filter system!!!!
ill try to call today, hope they work it out... to be continued.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.