Another Giveaway!!!! Yes A TOTAL SOLUTION!!!(ARP STUDS NOT INCLUDED) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Performance Machine & Manufacturing

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Another Giveaway!!!! Yes A TOTAL SOLUTION!!!(ARP STUDS NOT INCLUDED)

OK, so I just want to do this because I want to get to know you the powerstroke enthusiast! I am going to give away one of our total solutions minus studs. This will include head gaskets, intake gasket set with injector o-rings, exhaust manifold gaskets, oil cooler(updated design of OE), BASIC EGR Delete, and valve cover gasket set.

Seems pretty cool right? What do you have to do to win this prize? All you have to do is tell us why you deserve to win this package. We want to hear the story behind your truck. What do you use your truck for? What are you inspired to do with it?

Once all of the stories are collected we will have your fellow powerstoke.org supporters vote on the best story. We are going to judge for the top 3 stories and then let the members take it from there.

The story and why you should get the total solution must be completed and filed in this thread on or before September 30th, 2011. We will post the top 3 on October 1st and let the winner be chosen on October 7th.

Winner- The winner of this contest will receive a total solution WITHOUT ARP Head Studs.
2nd Place- 2nd place will be rewarded with an EGR delete kit with up-pipe and an intake gasket set.
3rd Place- 3rd place will be rewarded with a BASIC EGR delete kit.

Fair enough?

Ok guys and gals let's get started, I am anxious to see those stories rolling in! Remember you are being judged on the story, that means we want to know your inspirations, hopes, and plans with the truck. The better you explain your truck the better your chances are to get one of the prizes mentioned above!

Good Luck!!

-Matt H
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not one story yet? Kind of interested in reading them.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::ryan::.. View Post
Not one story yet? Kind of interested in reading them.
Wheres yours???
Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

I deserve one, cause it would totally work on my 7.3. There is my story and it looks like I'm winning this contest.

*free bump*
Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The reason i deserve this is because I have one of those rare diamond in the rough 6.0L. Its an 06 with 304000 miles and NEVER been inside "yet", because I know it'll happen sooner or later and I would like winning this to be the only reason I ever have to go inside of it. This truck was an oilfield service truck in OK I have seen it since it was new. Its not the most attravtice piece due to the dents and dings of its work history. I have had it for almost 8 months and pulled and put it through the works. Even though I havent had it long in a since i have had it since it was new. Seeing it almost every day. Pictures are on my profile. I would greatly use and appreciate this kit.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerformanceMachineMFG View Post
Wheres yours???
Mines not all too exciting. I got it about 2 years ago because I got a killer deal on it and I needed to get out of my other vehicle. I use it primarily for daily driving in that killer Texas heat. Occassionally I use it to help friends move (used to be in the military so my friends PCS a lot). When I drive up to Indiana to visit family, I usually use it around thier farm to help out. My plans for the truck are just to make it as reliable as I can, while aslo making it fun to drive.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

45 views at the time this post was made and there was only three stories? Looks like this may be an easy contest to pick.

Come on guys, your trucks are your passion!!!! Let's hear about it! It's what we do and in some ways it can define us to other members because of the pictures and such we put on the org.

Tell us about your truck and you could win the 6.0 total solution!!!!

-Matt H
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.whoa View Post
The reason i deserve this is because I have one of those rare diamond in the rough 6.0L. Its an 06 with 304000 miles and NEVER been inside "yet", because I know it'll happen sooner or later and I would like winning this to be the only reason I ever have to go inside of it. This truck was an oilfield service truck in OK I have seen it since it was new. Its not the most attravtice piece due to the dents and dings of its work history. I have had it for almost 8 months and pulled and put it through the works. Even though I havent had it long in a since i have had it since it was new. Seeing it almost every day. Pictures are on my profile. I would greatly use and appreciate this kit.
This is a pretty cool story! I have an 04 with 348,000 all original and never was cracked until I got it (Actually probably would have never lifted the heads but I bought a used tuner and turned it all the way up, 2 weeks later it was puking fluid). It's down now actually with some transmission mod's!

-Matt H
Old 08-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I would like one, not deserve one as I dont know much about mine yet. Its a 2007 XLT thats taking place of my 2002 Dmax as our ranch truck. This one has 100k and so far runs well but then again its only been 3 weeks.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Climb to Glory!

My story…

I have a 2007 F250 CCSB 4x4. This was my first diesel truck. Even though she was not new when bought, I feel she is the perfect truck for me.

I had always dreamed of owning a diesel since my uncle gave me a ride in his old Chevy smoker. Unfortunately, it was never in the cards for me. After high-school I got my first job, I joined the Army, and was promptly sent to Germany. This complicated things a bit, as it was difficult to save money for a diesel truck as a Private in the Army, not to mention, the wonderful nectar of the gods, beer. Still I hoped. While in Germany I found the love of my life and got married. Best mod ever.

After a couple of deployments to play Soldier I finally returned to the States in 2005. Upon arriving the first thing my wife and I did was go look at trucks, even before we found a house to rent. WOW, at the prices of brand new diesels. I couldn’t believe they were so darn expensive. Well, with that out of the question we went the gasser route. This served us for what we needed at the time, though it was not the most desirable. We made a couple of bad decisions, Dodge and Chevy, on choices of vehicles with one good one, a 2007 F150, mixed in between. Factor in a couple more sight-seeing trips, one to the sand box and one to the mountains, and getting a diesel seemed to keep getting farther and farther away.

Then came the move to Hell. The Army in all its great wisdom decided that Ft Polk, LA was the most wonderful place in the world and moved me there. Just in time for round 5 of the fight, YAH! Well, being that my wife had firmly entrenched herself in her job and the fact that we had bought a house at Ft Hood it was decided that we would get a RV for me to live in at Ft Polk. One month later and as I am struggling to drag a travel trailer through the heart of Texas into Louisiana I am simultaneously praying that I have a gas station coming up soon. It sure was difficult, emotionally wise, to calculate the gallons per mile that I got out of my X-Cab Silverado on that trip.

About halfway through the latest all expenses paid vacation I came home for R&R where it was decided that after my trip was over my wife would quit her job and move to Louisiana with me. Boy is she a glutton for punishment. We also talked about the possibility of completing a preggo’s mod. This really made a diesel seem like it would never happen. Somewhere in the last few months my wife decided to get a little sneaky, and smart at the same time, and got rid of the Silverado for…wait for it…a diesel!

She found an awesome F250 that was in great shape mechanically and cosmetically, with a little help from a member here on the forum. So she promptly dumped the Silverado and enthusiastically drove home in our first diesel. Yep, she went out on her own and bought me my dream truck. What a great woman!

Now, what to do the truck. First she needed a name, christen her Dizzie Da Dizzle. Why you ask? Because triple Ds are WAAAAAYYYY better than double Ds. So far not much has been done to modify her. We are trying to start small and focus on things that will increase her life span or are functional. We have gotten the necessary fuel upgrades and an Edge Insight to keep track of everything. There are huge plans to bullet-proof her and make her the best darn diesel we can. These include EGR delete, exhaust, tuner, leveling kit, studs, coolers, turbo, injectors, Line-X and all the cool little gadgets that go with the Edge Insight.

As a huge thank you to my wife, who is a HUGE wine person, we have planned an early summer trip across the country to California, to visit the wineries out there. As long as we make the requisite stop at the Grand Canyon, so I can ride around on a donkey. Towing our travel trailer through the desert is not exactly going to be easy on Dizzie but, I know she will be up to the task. This is a big reason, in my mind, to make sure she is bullet-proof, so that I can give this trip to my wife as a way to say thank you for always being there and supporting me through all the bullsh*t of military life.

These are all necessary, to me at least, because I plan to drive her till she falls apart. Hopefully with all the upgrades, accessories and bullet-proofing that will be a long way away. My hope is, when we do have kids, to get them hooked on trucks and diesels by working on her with me. Then, once they are old enough to hand over the keys and let it be their first vehicle.

So, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Last edited by IRNFST; 09-15-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.