Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Hewitt / Powerstrokehelp.com

136K views 102 replies 40 participants last post by  GregWork 
#1 ·
I've been watching his videos on youtube for quite some time. I'll be coming from East Tennessee to have him bulletproof my 6.0.

Anybody been to his place to have him work on your rig? Any feedback you would like to offer would be appreciated...

#72 ·
The suspense is killing me.....

#74 ·
Holy Crap Bub I think you have either a focus issue or so busy you only have seconds to post a thought. We’re just fine
..... don’t worry, you just keep doing whatever has all of your attention.

Bye Bye now thanks for playing

#75 ·
I can assure you, it's not a focus issue. I'm just not really one for slowing down much.... Usually the time I take to write a review is because I'm so mad I cannot see straight. That is not the case here, I just haven't found the time to sit down and put some worthwhile thoughts together.

#77 ·
Okay, I am anxious to hear if this is a customer service thing or the work was awful. All the good stuff I read was a couple of years ago and anew crew working the place, or a new manager who is not working out would change that.

I broke down a couple times right after I had work at BPD, but it had nothing at all to do with them. My starter went while I was four hours from home, but that was not in the work they did, and later the alternator went, which, again, had nothing to do with the work.

#83 ·
okay, not sure what's been going on with the site, but it was locking me out every time I closed the browser - so now that I'm back in, after getting pissed off enough to say the hell with it - here's my brief input.....

All in all, the experience was "okay" - these guys are hard to get on the phone, even harder to get to return a call, but once in communication they are helpful and friendly. I did meet Bill while I was there, but I don't think he works on the trucks any more, and most of the knowledge is now his lead mechanic guy who I also met. Scott who takes the emails, phone calls and appointments doesn't know much about the engines and will reach out to the knowledgeable folks and get back with you.

More specifically to my project - I had the truck shipped down, (blown head gaskets) and sent it with sever BPD products which I cleared with the folks on including in the build - oil cooler relocation, water pump, etc...

Midway into my truck I got a call to state that 2 of my cylinders had pitted due to filling with coolant, so I ended up purchasing a short block. A $5500 hit I wasn't planning for but had added to the tab.

The truck was done when they said it would be done, and I flew down to pick it up soon after. All in all no real complaints, and so far no issues 1+ year later.

I received a detailed bill, which included many OEM parts, and knock on wood the truck will last me for quite some time.

The site might lock me out again, so if anybody wants any further info on my "dealer proofing" experience just PM me.

#85 ·
Did you get proof of those pitting cylinders?...

Reactions: SparkyF250
#89 ·
I talked to bill once at his shop after hearing nothing but bad stuff about him i just wanted to confirm what I had heard. And it was all true you can back him in a corner and he starts getting louder and louder I guess he thought it would help ha. Lead foot is in Monroe ga if I can’t do it myself due to time or other projects I take my stuff to them I just had a bucket truck there a 04 450 got completely rebuilt with new colt cam hpop lpop
Non vgt kit bpd water pump and fan clutch new head on one side new lifters I mean full rebuild and it was 13k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#91 ·
Old thread...but I need to add info.
I had my 2007 6.0 dealerproof'ed by Bill Pruit of Powerstrokehelp.com just over two years ago. Yes it was expensive and it's not for everyone. But for me...it's been worth every penny and so I 100% would point everyone his way (that has a 6.0 in need of Bulletproof'ing). If you want your truck's engine better than factory new, then go there. Plan to spend a good amount of money. But know they replace nearly everything with new Ford parts (or part's known to be better than Ford...like ARP head bolts). I did have issues getting them on the phone. For me, email worked best (and I prefer email, as everything is documented). I have over 200k miles on truck since the dealerproof, I've pull 8k to 10k RVs cross country RV transporting for Horizon Transport and I've had zero issues with anything Bill and his team worked on. ZERO. I'm not here to say others are wrong about not liking Bill and his team. I'm just saying I use my truck for RV transporting and I'm like the only guy in a 6.0 driving cross country, pulling RVs (I'm retired and do RV transporting for fun and extra money). I can upload tons pics of my loads with Horizon and I can clearly show proof I'm using my 6.0 to pull the RVs. I mainly pull RVs from Indiana all the way to the west coast (and I mean to the coast...as it pays the best per mile and I then just vacation once on the west coast). I have tons of pics with me pulling RVs of all types out west in my 6.0. Point is: I fully trust my dealerproof'ed engine by Bill and I for one...use the hell out of the truck, pulling REAL commercial loads east to west coast 2 and 3 times a month (more often just twice a month). I'm real. I really use my 6.0 for commercial use as stated. I'll post any document from Horizon Transport you want (to show I'm using my 6.0 to pull the loads). I'll upload my dealerproof documents from Bill also. My engine is solid. ...ROCK SOLID (I even idle my engine, every evening, all night as I live in the truck when on the road). It is a little bit of a pain using a 6.0 for RV transport...as I 100% always change my oil at 5k miles (which means every trip out west and back...somewhere on the trip; I'm in a Walmart parking lot doing an oil change -- I'm very quick and very stealthy changing my oil :)). I'm at 300k miles on my truck right now (and I plan to hit 1 million miles on the truck) ...and as I type this message; my truck is at a ford dealership having a rebuild transmission installed...it was just time for a new transmission). Ask me any questions. Ask me to post any pics. I can 100% show I using my Bill Pruit dealerproof truck to pull RVs fulltime to the west coast (right now is a good time to be down for a transmission install...as RV transport is VERT slow right now - due to chip shortages.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Ecoregion

#94 ·
You could be very right HeavyAssault. I'm just an amateur on this board (I drive the miles in my 6.0, over typing/blogging the keyboard miles on a board) :). I have over 200k miles pulling RVs cross country in my 6.0 and with no issues. ...and the truck seems far from done - as the engine just keeps going and going (and I have tons and tons of pics and commercial documents, DOT logged driving; showing the engine Bill built for me is solid!) I'm sure many others are driving 6.0s for commercial DOT driving, but 6.0s in the RV transport yards are very, very rare anymore (I'm like the only guy in a 6.0 anymore in the RV yards). And no need to take 'my word': I have tons of pics (of my 6.0 pulling 20 plus RVs), tons of DOT documents. Really there is no need to take my word on this. I'm in this for the money (and to travel). ...if my 6.0 was not making it happen - I'd be in a Cummins or a Ford 6.7. Not trying to say anyone is wrong about Bill - I'm just saying I've had zero issues, after 200k miles...and still going, over very hot, very cold days and nights, pulling heavy RV loads cross country in a dealerproof built engine.

#95 ·
I drove my new off the lot 2006 6.0L for over 289k, still had the factory original injectors when I sold it. I modded the snot out of it, it ran like a top, pulled anything I wanted, could out drive me easily. Drove 18hrs straight thru from OK to VA. I did plenty of my own wrenching, changing oil, filters, hubs, anything else that needed to be done. My 2015 6.7L has over 198k on it......does all the 6.0L did for me...just in a new wrapper. Just cause you got "DOT" stickers doesn't mean no one else drives their trucks. I'm just paid to do nothing so I spend my time enjoying life.

If you want to admit you overpaid some YouTube hack I'll take you word for it. Good travels.

#99 ·
I drove my new off the lot 2006 6.0L for over 289k, still had the factory original injectors when I sold it. I modded the snot out of it, it ran like a top, pulled anything I wanted, could out drive me easily. Drove 18hrs straight thru from OK to VA. I did plenty of my own wrenching, changing oil, filters, hubs, anything else that needed to be done. My 2015 6.7L has over 198k on it......does all the 6.0L did for me...just in a new wrapper. Just cause you got "DOT" stickers doesn't mean no one else drives their trucks. I'm just paid to do nothing so I spend my time enjoying life.

If you want to admit you overpaid some YouTube hack I'll take you word for it. Good travels.
Man....ease up a bit. I would definitely stop my 6.0 and help you out if you were broken down in your 6.7. ...on the side of the road (just having fun man). But a few things are without question. This is one of them: I'm the only one driving my 6.0 cross county. Horizon Transport and the DOT have very strict rules on this. My wife rides with me often...but she NEVER drives the truck when I'm pulling an RV commercially. One time getting stopped by the DOT (having her driving...or any other person) and I would be looking at a big fat ticket and Horizon Transport would drop me on the spot - they do not play around in this area: I am the only person driving the miles. I'm happy you love your 6.7. If my 6.0 every dies...A Ford 6.7 will be the next truck for me. But right now...the engine built by Bill is outlasting Ford's famed 5R110W. ...and doing so without even one issue in over 200k miles. Maybe I'm the only person that loves the work Bill's team does on 6.0s. And maybe he can be a bit set in his ways (but I have no first hand experience seeing this). The only person paying me is Horizon Transport, and I only make money if my truck delivers the load/RV without any delays. So I need a truck...sorry: I require a truck to be dependable as hell. ...or I don't get paid. I could be the only person that's happy with Bill. But honestly; I have no clue why so many have a solid disdain for Bill (is it just that haters are going to hate or what???). I agree: He never said "hi" to me when I was in his shop. But nor did I say hi to him. He seemed very busy both times I was in his shop (the day I dropped off my truck and the day I picked up my truck). And I have logged, signed DOT logs (signed by the company I drive for); that it's me...in my 6.0...pulling their RVs. It's all 100% documented.

#96 ·
We’ll nice to hear anyone post on his work.

I was thinking all customers signed a non/disclosure agreement to have work done there. Never hear from them good or bad.

One guy had just had work done promised to post something and disappeared.

You do put your truck through a respectable amount of hard work

I wonder why no other customers post.

#97 ·
I am glad for anyone that can find a mechanic they trust. The 6.0 is for some reason, one of the trucks that is the most difficult to find a competent mechanic who knows all the things that are 6.0-specific. That being said, I paid a hack to install UCF heads/studs and new OEM injectors the the hack sold me. He did not install new parts…at all. I then became that competent mechanic….in my driveway.
I have been pulling 12-14k trailers regularly since I bought the truck new in 06, and 28k trailer once or sometimes a few times a month since new. I am at 315,000 miles and counting. I take my family on long vacation drives in this truck. I guess the point is. Pay who you trust, because out of many mechanics who feel confident, very few are competent with the 6.0. The ones who are competent, generally are, or were passionate about, and drive/drove a 6.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#98 ·
Bill's work is only as good as the labor / mechanic he has working on your truck and his warranty

He does charge a premium , I have paid more than stuff is worth just to "get it done"

if you happy and the truck has held up then good for you and won't belittle you with my opinion of Bill

#101 ·
I was starting to believe; until I saw that “Blue” stuff under the hood...

Just kidding LOL.

I think Bill’s problem is Bill. His personality turns off a lot of folks. And I think he’s been out of the repair bay for so long running the business end, that he often comes across as a salesman and not a technician.
But I give him props for working on de-stigmatizing the 6.0 and fixing the problems versus just bashing the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.