Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oregon trucks!

5K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  powerjunky 
#1 ·
Well, I might as well start the Oregon thread...where is everyone anyways?

I want to see pictures and hear some stories. Eventually like to get together in our trucks. Do some pics and what not.

Let me know where you all are located, why you bought your truck, just some fun details.

About me:

I live in the boonies...Heppner, a small town of 1000 people. About an hour from the Columbia River. Find Pendleton on a map and go south.

I have dreamed of owning one of these trucks for, literally, as long as I could remember. So, I have to admit that it pleases me as much (if not more) to get into my truck and drive it today as it did the first day I owned it. Even being 4 years old, the newness and delight has not worn off for me.

The thing that I like most about my truck is that I can have some fun with it, but it is also still practical for me as I use it to haul my horses all the time.

The system in it makes the highway miles go fast, and having a 2WD makes mine just a little unique. If I could change one thing, it would be that it was a 6-speed manual tranny. But, life goes on, and I have made do with what I got!

See less See more
#2 ·
I was born and raised in Benton County for 18 1/2 years does that count?

I was Born in Corvallis and lived in Philomath. Untill i joined the AIr Force that is. I go back about a month each year to visit family, and Oregon it's self (you being an Oregonian I'm sure you know what i mean). I've been in over half the states in the union (including Hawaii, and I'll be in Alaska soon) and I'm always comparing them to Oregon.

You should hear some of the hilarious ideas that people have of OR and Oregonians. like once (in hawaii) some one asked my wife if we have fish in Oregon. FISH!!! for crying out loud, i guess they don't know where Chinook Salmon comes from.

Any way, after re-enlisting tax free in Iraq i brought half of my 56K dollar bonus with me to Oregon just to buy my PSD and my wifes new Freestyle at Willson Motors in Corvallis. NO SALES TAX ROCKS!!!

That's all i have for now. Maybe we can hang some time.

-James

#3 ·
This counts!

This counts Jwiger!!! I am happy to hear that you are an Oregonian fan still. I really love it here becuase of the diverse land types and different weather patterns that we have all accross the state.

Love to hear the stories of where you've been too. Keep 'em comming!

Would love to meet up some time as well, PM me to let me know when you are visiting.

#5 ·
hey guys Oregon sounds great i've been wanting to move to oregon for the beauty and just the nice out door life it's kinda hard cause my wife is a native so.cal girl and i've also been born and raised in so.cal I have family that lived in Or. for a while and loved it. I've also heard tha ca,people are not very welcomed in oregon how true is that anyway just a thought and maybe a future move for my family keep on "FORD TRUCKIN"

#6 ·
Randy Navarro said:
hey guys Oregon sounds great i've been wanting to move to oregon for the beauty and just the nice out door life it's kinda hard cause my wife is a native so.cal girl and i've also been born and raised in so.cal I have family that lived in Or. for a while and loved it. I've also heard tha ca,people are not very welcomed in oregon how true is that anyway just a thought and maybe a future move for my family keep on "FORD TRUCKIN"
Change the plates on your vehicle and drive like you have some sense and you'll do just fine.

#7 ·
South Oregon. Medford to be exact. Born in good 'ol Grants Pass, lived in southern oregon most my life.

Longtime member of FTE. Good to see a Powerstroke-only website.
Looking forward to clubs in my area. I bought my truck for the power, reliability, and I just plain like Ford trucks.

I just got back from elk hunting in the Minam unit, at the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Didn't get anything, and didn't see anything.

#8 ·
To address a couple of things...

First of all, the whole Californian thing...yep, Jwiger pretty much summed it up. Just use some common courtesy on the road when you move up and your be just fine! We would love to have ya, as we know that you will love the beauty here!

The cool thing about Oregon is that you have the coast, then you go east a little bit and you have the wonderful area before the Cascade range that is green, and lush all the time. Then comes the wonderful Cascade mountains where you can ski in the winter, horse back ride in the summer and just plain enjoy at all times. And dont forget that this mountain range is home to the ever breath-taking Crater Lake. As you progress eastward, you get into a much dryer climate, almost desert. And if you are up north of the state, you can run along the Columbia River Gorge, home of some spectacular views and great wind-surfing! On past the desert area and toward the more Eastern end of the state, you find the Blue Mountains which typically have great hunting and camping. Then also, having the great Hells Canyon...even more breath-taking views.

T444E ... sorrry to hear about the plop of a hunting trip. I know that my unit has actually had an over abundance of game this year. Kinda strange that the wallowa area did not. However, the scenery is quite amazing eh?

Also, I would really like to start organizing meets with our trucks when we get enough people willing to make the commute. Which means that we all need to get those stickers on our trucks and also be putting out flyers!

Great to have all of ya!

#9 ·
Willamette Valley here! :D

I too have always dreamed of a HUGE F350 Crew Cab PSD. Well at least I have the extra cab now. :) I bought it this last February and fall in love all over again everytime I hop in it.

Turbo.... Great things you said there about Oregon, it truly is a wonderfully diverse state.

#10 ·
Banshee34 said:
Willamette Valley here! :D
What part, I'm from Philomath, just West of Corvallis

#12 ·
here is a pic of central OR. from Shee(click to see full image):

#13 ·
Mount Hood from the East(click to enlarge):

#15 ·
bdcnst said:
Those pics must make you miss home james well keep it green and prestine for you when you get back by the way thanks for what your doing for our country
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!! Happy V-day again!

and this state....... will always be waiting for ya.

#16 ·
i like oregon... but too much rain

i am from astoria so i am always in the rain, originally from california but up here now. i like it here but would like about half the rain than we normally get.

#17 ·
sounds like some one needs to move East a bit!

#19 ·
Good Ol' Oregon

Pronounced like the word organ...only like orguhn. Hope that makes sense.

OK, on with the post here:

James! Nice shot of I-84 about 5 miles east of The Dalles! I am in the eastern side here and we do not get rained out at all! We are desert people over on this side of the mountains. Although, I head to the Portland and Salem area a lot. I know spend a lot of time in the Bend/Sisters area as well. But have been ALL over this state. I would seriously like to start thinking about a west-coast meet maybe sometime in the late spring/early summer.

I have to say that the drive down I-84 is one of my most favorite drives ever. It is so wonderful to follow the river through the desert lands all the way through the mountainous Cascade range and into the Valley. What a transformation that takes place in 3 hours! I will have to document my drive into Portland via the camera sometime soon to post here for you all!

Anyways, I am just rambling here, glad to see everyone from the area loves it as much as I do!

#20 ·
turbotime said:
Pronounced like the word organ...only like orguhn.
See the folks in the Valley pronounce it like ore-a-gun maybe we are just a little more civilized on the green side! haha

#21 ·
jwiger said:
See the folks in the Valley pronounce it like ore-a-gun maybe we are just a little more civilized on the green side! haha
Noooooooooo, it's just because we all own GUNS! lol :D :D

#23 ·
Soooory

Sorry about that y'all. I am thinking that you might be right about the civilized part ;) (<---insert sarcasm). But I do know how to say the name of our state, it is just a matter of if I can get it accross in the spelling. Gotta love it here and I am really enjoying the snow over here in the dry section!!!

#25 ·
Memmer

bORN IN bEND OREGON.Airforce brat lived in wash. ore. cal. arizona.texas.Joined the navy went to the east coast and back to tx and home to oregon to stay.We have got it all here.I am retired and plan on traveling extensively in the great state of oregon.Look forward to meeting felow travelers.NO dog no cat no wife me and my truck,and fishing pole

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.