Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gas Or Diesel

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  99Smokin73Stroker 
#1 ·
somewhere around a 1996-1997 ford 250 ex cab. 4x4 auto to haul a .9-9.5lance camper.what diesel eng in these.? is there plenty of power? I'm confused about so many problems i'v read about diesels in the forum.How about fuel availability in canada and alaska?I live in portland ore.and the truck will only be used for the camper as I have new 4runner sr5.Any and all advise will be greately appreciated.:confused: :confused: :confused: THANK YOU. WHAT IS A THREAD?

#4 ·
banshee 34

thanks but I just purched a new toyota 4runner 05 and i had a class c motorhome all lined up to buy but buying the toyo changed things.I wish i could go newer with the ford but i just don't have the funds.I will have to make do and hope i get lucky.

#7 ·
found a truck

well I think I got lucky. The truck I found is a 95 ford ex cab xlt 250 4x4 7.3 PSD. It has 108000 miles on it and it is absolutly in impeccable condition.One family rig that has been well maintained. The oil has been changed every 3000 miles tranny [auto] serviced and all filters changed properly.Four new E rated tires.,class V 14000 lb. trailer hitch .I'm happier than a clam at high tide.I was looking in the whitney catalog in performance parts for MODs,like air intakes, exhaust systems and chips and noticed they didn't carry any thing for 1995 fords. Why would this be? Is there something different about the 95 PSD? Will appreciate any info or advise:)
:)
THANKS FRED

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.