Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My first diesel lots of questions

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dfuzz78 
#1 ·
Sorry if this seems long, trying to give all info I can think of.
Have been browsing this site and decided to join, I just bought my first first diesel and need to learn. Bought used 99 for 7.3 ext. Cab, have a stack of receipts, new motor (90k), tranny, just rebuilt front and rear differentials with 4.11 gears, K and N FIPK intake, deep sump tranny pan, Banks Dynafact gauges EGT, Transmission, and Boost on pillar mount. And finally 4" straight pipe.
Unknown addition was a 3 position toggle switch by the steering wheel. Didn't know what it's function was so I flipped it of course. Top position seems to turn down turbo, center position mild/normal turbo and 3rd really picks up the turbo. I don't the make of the part, which bothers me, and don't want anything that will harm the truck.
I am chasing the ever popular defrost only problem,seems to clatter a little louder, and have noticed a heavy decline in power recently and at WOT only getting about 16 lbs on gauge. Used to get about 22. Very slow off the line, almost gradual accelleration it seems until spool. Couldn't spin a tire unless it was icy. New fuel filter just installed and have run 2 tanks of diesel clean so far.
Just looking for someone with patience to teach me what I need to know.
Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi! :welcome2:

I see you're in Oregon, I'd like to invite you to join The Cascade Coal Rollers!

The Cascade Coal Rollers is a group of Powerstroke.org members in Washington, Oregon, & Idaho.

We have Get Togethers (G2Gs) all over the state...

It's really easy to join. :thumb:

Here is what needs to be done...

All you have to do is try to stay active in the Chat Thread, try to make GTGs if you can and put the logo in your signature.

Here is the link and how to do it if you don't know how.

Towards the top you will see "USER CP" click it.

From there you can click "Edit Signature" on the left hand side.

From there you can put your name and what ever info you like about your truck and also add this link to it using the insert image button.

-http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138659_2.gif-

Just take a look at some of our signatures to get an idea of what you would like to do.

Here is a place some of us have posted about our trucks and ourselves. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pictures-videos/137797-ccr-truck-member-pictures.html

I think I covered it all.

Hope to see you around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.