Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • All Northwest instead including Idaho and Washington

Votes: 5 27.8%

Get Together?

3K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Banshee34 
#1 ·
So who all would like to get together in Oregon????

#2 ·
awww man, i wish i were still living in oregon, i would definitley be there. When are you planning to try a get together? Where? Who knows, i may be in state for some odd reason.

#3 ·
Well not sure yet..... Turbotime and I were talking about it last week....

So I thought I'd put the feelers out there and see who'd be interested!:D

Are you from here?

#15 ·
Well, right now i live in northern Utah, but i still call Oregon home. Before i left for the AIr Force, i lived in White City, which is just north of Medford. NOw i am living in Utah, i separated from the Air Force after 6 1/2 years and found job that pays $18.41 to start on Hill AFB. NOt too bad, but it still isnt home. wish it were a little more but it pays the bills. We may be moving back if this other job with a state prison comes through.

#5 ·
It's to far away for me so i had to vote no....however, if it was next summer, and It happened to be a good time for a family vacation, i could plan to end up in OR and I would like to come. But you can't be planning around one person, even if it is me. :approve:

#16 ·
Jeff you'd have to drive a PSD so that you can be in the pic!:D j/k!

I was just thinking it would be cool if peeps around the nw had a get together, YES just like the Indy guys!:cool: :D

RWalker.... where in DOC did you apply? You can pm me if'n ya want..... got friends in there ya know!:punk: :D

Now, once we figure out if we can have a big enough get together, then we can figure out where and when so we can work around peeps schedules, school, etc....

#17 ·
Well, i have to take care of something from my past first, then i am going to apply at Pelican Bay State Prison in northern Cali. My wife is from Crescent City, so it would be nice to live close to there like brookings or something. I almost had a job with Idaho as a state trooper but it fell through because of this little snag i had in the past. I appreciate your offer to help though.thanks.

#20 ·
Way to :hijack: Jeff!:clap: :funny:

Honestly though..... Might be able to make that if the tranny holds out!:eek: :D Are you going? Thought we could convoy since you are south of me.:chicken:

#21 ·
:( I'm missing this year.

Last year we stayed at Seaquest state park in the 5er. We just scooted up I-5 to the meeting place in the morning.

If you do go, Daryl (AKA Fordforgotten), will apreciate the added fords. There was only one Dmax last year. There were some hunters getting in rigs when we went buy. They just dropped jaws, like wow! 17 Diesel powered pickups all in a row.:punk:

#22 ·
What a sight that would be, i mean, you could see that everyday if you wanted to drive by a dealer all the time, but to see it at a park or somewhere other than dealer would be awesome.

#25 ·
So whats the latest word on the get together, has there been a date set yet. Just curious if I'll be able to make it, if I'm invited I guess, don't want to ivite myself:eek: that'd be kinda rude:D

#26 · (Edited)
Smoke on the Mountain 2006, October 21st 2006

Crash the party!

I lifted this for folks who can't use the clicky link I put up.

Ford_Forgotton said:
Smoke on the Mountain is an annual cruise up to Johnston Ridge Observatory on Mt St Helens. Started by Bob V two years ago, this is the third cruise up.

We typically create our own convoys from bellingham, seattle, and portland and all meet at exit-68 on I-5 at "Spiffy's" and eat breakfast together. Get the BUFFET!

After breakfast, the cruise begins. We travel down to Toledo, then onto hiway 505, to hiway 504, which then goes up the mountain! We stop along the way at various sight-seeing points and leg stretches.

At the top is Johnston Ridge observatory, where you can purchase a pass to tour the visitors center, see the LED/Fibre Optic centerpiece, and watch the Mt St Helens movie on the big screen.

Here are pictures from last years convoy up the hill:
http://forgotton.net/diesel/smokemntII/index.htm

Johnston Ridge observatory doesnt open until 10am, so no need to hurry. If we managed to meet at Spiffy's by 9am and leave by 11am, we would still reach the top around 1pm. Its about an hour and 40 mins from Spiffy's to the observatory.
Ford_Forgotton said:
The Big Back Room is RESERVED for us on the 21st, from 9am to 11am.

Spiffys Restaurant
110 Us Highway 12
Chehalis, WA 98532
Phone: 3602623561

The buffet breakfast is 7.99 all-u-can eat, PLUS drink costs. Figure roughly 10 bucks a person. I've told them seperate checks, so leave a decent tip for putting up with us. I highly recommend the buffet if you want to eat right away, as we overloaded the kitchen last year and took forever to eat.

The room is reserved under my name (Daryl) and NWBombers, so if you get there early, you can get us going.

I will prolly be a few minutes late. My wife doesnt get off call until 8am, and depending on how many patients got admitted overnight, it can take her awhile to get outta that place. I should be there before 10 I hope!

#27 ·
It looks like I would be crashing the party just by showin up in a Ford, thats a lot of dodges. Nothin against dodges I guess:D my grandpa has one, and loves it. Jeff929 I was in your neck o the woods this morning getting fuel at the towne pump and runnin other errands around philomath, didn't see the pick up runnin around though, I was ready to blow some smoke your way:D maybe next time, you'll know its me cause the smoke will come out the top:D :punk:

#28 ·
It looks like I would be crashing the party just by showin up in a Ford, thats a lot of dodges. Nothin against dodges I guess:D my grandpa has one, and loves it.
Dayrl's view is kinda like that too. Lock03 was the real oddball, he showed up in a Dmax :)

#29 ·
Banshee34

I feel like I Hijacked this thread. there was an event that was planned and it was a great opportunity for a GTG doable for most folks. that said I still feel that if planning on a PS forum GTG in Oregon would happen that would be awesome.

Jefff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.