Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

?? For all our Oregon Folks...

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bfloyd4445 
#1 ·
So the wife came to me yesterday about transferring to Portland with her job..... Overall how is the Portland Area... jobs.. living crime etc?... i am coming from a small town in the foothills of the appalachian mountains... will i be in culture shock etc????... this is by no means a done deal but i thought id get a lil research of my own started :)... Thank You!

#2 ·
im not from portlandd but i work there quite a bit. its not to bad traffic can be pain in the azz but thats any big city. if you find a place in the outter citys like beaverton or oregon city something like that. they do emision test in the portland metro area so as long as you still have all that in your truck you'll be good in that deptartment! sorry dont know much about the crime rate lol never stayed there long enough haha anyways hopes this helps a little!

#3 ·
Oh and Good luck!

#6 ·
yep. i come from a town in the delta of 100 that is now swallowed up by a major city. You better see your doctor for some anxiety pills<smile>
Portland is a great city even has a book store that takes up a whole city block and is three stories high! love that store. Oh, that be Powell Books.
You wont be there long before you will have mastered the skills of a race car, salom and demolition derby driver as the traffic is the worst on the west coast outside of Seattle Washington. The trick is to not make sudden moves and always allow lots of room between you and the car in front of you so as to give you manuvering room in a pinch
Welcome to Oregon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.