Lower my 97 powerstroke and trade wheels - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lower my 97 powerstroke and trade wheels

I'm new to this fourm and I could use some help with my 97 F350

Here is the deal I have a lift I donít want, I have oversize tires 90% tread and rims I donít want. What I want is OEM aluminum rims and caps and my truck lowered back to earth. How all this will come to pass I havenít figured out yet, but if you have a worthwhile idea leave a message. I'm also looking for new mirrors and brackets chrome and Warn Hubs after all it's Christmas.

I had my truck stolen two months ago and it was almost a cream-puff. So I picked up a very nice truck to bring back to "normal" and let it take me into my retirement. I don't mind seeing jacked-up trucks so long as their not mine. In my younger days I never seen where being lifted fourwheeled any futher than my stock one. Now if your and extreamist you can go through deeper water and do some rock climbing, I'm not going there can't afford it. I just want to get out when I get stuck and get in when I'm going to my cabin in the snow. I will leave extream to those with deep pockets and young minds.
Attached Thumbnails
Lower my 97 powerstroke and trade wheels-017.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First. Welcome to the org

You'll most likely find someone more than willing to trade with you, after all most people are looking to go up rather than down so it shouldn't be hard.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:19 AM

I'm looking to go up a little. how big are your tires and rims ?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
if its 4wd you cannot go down because the front axle will hit the engine cross member.

What I did was lower the rear to lever out the truck it looks lower and leveled.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
if its 4wd you cannot go down because the front axle will hit the engine cross member.

What I did was lower the rear to lever out the truck it looks lower and leveled.
I think hes got a small lift on there now and he wants to drop it down to stock height.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The tire size is 33X12.5 that is not less than two inches two wide and will just kick gravel up on the paint so I'm looking to go down a size. I haven't done a comparsion to stock height tires yet. It has air bags on the back with a compresser and I have dropped them down to ten pounds for a better ride. I looked under there a little yesterday and I really only see a one inch lift on the back(?). My stolen truck was a 97 Supercab and it didn't set this high. I can park it along side of my son's 97 Crew for a comparson when ever we get done hunting, which will be when we start fishing. But this I know I can step in my son's but I have to climb up to get into mine.

I have rebuilt motors, swapped motors, changed rear ends and rebuilt transmissions, but that was all in the past like 30 years ago. So I'm just trying to put two and two together then I will understand what's different. Please keep giving me feedback if you would. Do you know some good sights for mirrors, powerwindow control covers and I need the part of the dash that is just over the glove compartment???
Old 12-19-2010, 06:13 PM

were ya from?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Oops didnt read it all.

Where are you from I have some stock wheels with decent tires on them. I will trade you for your wheels straight up if you want.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

To far sorry, Oregon
Old 12-19-2010, 06:30 PM

ouch ok. Your wheels look nice man I would just get mud flaps if you worry about the paint.

I ran 35s on my OBS for 2 years and never had one chip from something kicked up from the tires.

I am just saying your truck looks nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.