Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lower my 97 powerstroke and trade wheels

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Thunderfoot 
#1 ·
PHP:
I'm new to this fourm and I could use some help with my 97 F350

Here is the deal I have a lift I don’t want, I have oversize tires 90% tread and rims I don’t want. What I want is OEM aluminum rims and caps and my truck lowered back to earth. How all this will come to pass I haven’t figured out yet, but if you have a worthwhile idea leave a message. I'm also looking for new mirrors and brackets chrome and Warn Hubs after all it's Christmas.

I had my truck stolen two months ago and it was almost a cream-puff. So I picked up a very nice truck to bring back to "normal" and let it take me into my retirement. I don't mind seeing jacked-up trucks so long as their not mine. In my younger days I never seen where being lifted fourwheeled any futher than my stock one. Now if your and extreamist you can go through deeper water and do some rock climbing, I'm not going there can't afford it. I just want to get out when I get stuck and get in when I'm going to my cabin in the snow. I will leave extream to those with deep pockets and young minds.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
First. Welcome to the org:thumb:

You'll most likely find someone more than willing to trade with you, after all most people are looking to go up rather than down so it shouldn't be hard.

#3 ·
I'm looking to go up a little. how big are your tires and rims ?

#5 ·
I think hes got a small lift on there now and he wants to drop it down to stock height.

#6 ·
The tire size is 33X12.5 that is not less than two inches two wide and will just kick gravel up on the paint so I'm looking to go down a size. I haven't done a comparsion to stock height tires yet. It has air bags on the back with a compresser and I have dropped them down to ten pounds for a better ride. I looked under there a little yesterday and I really only see a one inch lift on the back(?). My stolen truck was a 97 Supercab and it didn't set this high. I can park it along side of my son's 97 Crew for a comparson when ever we get done hunting, which will be when we start fishing. But this I know I can step in my son's but I have to climb up to get into mine.

I have rebuilt motors, swapped motors, changed rear ends and rebuilt transmissions, but that was all in the past like 30 years ago. So I'm just trying to put two and two together then I will understand what's different. Please keep giving me feedback if you would. Do you know some good sights for mirrors, powerwindow control covers and I need the part of the dash that is just over the glove compartment???

#10 ·
ouch ok. Your wheels look nice man I would just get mud flaps if you worry about the paint.

I ran 35s on my OBS for 2 years and never had one chip from something kicked up from the tires.

I am just saying your truck looks nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.