Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Starting a Oregon or maybe NW chapter

6K views 66 replies 13 participants last post by  Derek@VisionDiesel 
#1 · (Edited)
Well guys and gals after this weekends GTG there in Hubbard, OR I have decided we should put together some sort of a chapter to make it official and get together more often! There are some simple rules we need to follow when doing this though.
1. We need a bare minimum of 5 people that are good standing members of the .org.
2.We must meet AT LEAST once per year.
3. We need to come up with a name and logo for our chapter
4. Each memeber must display the logo on their truck
5. Everything we do must still follow the .org's COC
6. We need a president, vice president, and a chapter historian.

So basically to start things off here we need to figure out how much support we have here on the .org for Oregon. If we don't have enough we can extend it to the "northwest" and have it be oregon and washington guys. I personally wouldn't mind either of those options.

So who's up for it?
The current supporters:

Josh-westcoaststrokin
Mrswestcoaststrokin
banshee34
strokeorcroak

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds kinda strict to me. :D

#3 ·
Well guys and gals after this weekends GTG there in Hubbard, OR I have decided we should put together some sort of a chapter to make it official and get together more often! There are some simple rules we need to follow when doing this though.
1. We need a bare minimum of 5 people that are good standing members of the .org.
2.We must meet AT LEAST once per year.
3. We need to come up with a name and logo for our chapter
4. Each memeber must display the logo on their truck
5. Everything we do must still follow the .org's COC
6. We need a president, vice president, and a chapter historian.

So basically to start things off here we need to figure out how much support we have here on the .org for Oregon. If we don't have enough we can extend it to the "northwest" and have it be oregon and washington guys. I personally wouldn't mind either of those options.

So who's up for it?
Staff can count towards your 5 we just can't hold any leadership position. Mica if those rules are strict how have you made it this long on the org.:hehe:

#4 ·
alrighty well then with you and your wife, banshee, myself, steven that is 5 just right there!

So honestly all that we really need is to vote on a name and get a logo going. The rest can happen after were an official chapter

#5 ·
I would like it to be just a tad more supported before you took that step. You drummed up a heck of an event already you can get this going too!

#7 ·
Alright we can wait, i just figured since we officially have enough people we could get the ball rolling and people could join is as they saw it. I will get ahold of people that i know live in Oregon or washington. Honestly the only problem i see with including idaho is that its such a drive i wouldnt be able to make it to meets over there. I'm pretty much limited to Oregon and Washington and i'd like to be a active member in this project. I think i can get enough support just out of Oregon and Washington honestly.

#10 ·
thanks man!

Everyone needs to think of what they would like to use as a name for the chapter and a logo for it! That way we can present it to the "big boys" in order to make things happen!

Some ideas so far for a logo are the two states of washington and oregon together and then something written inside of it....

Or maybe using a powerstroke block or engine as the background then some design in front of it?

#13 ·
thing it would be kinda sweet to have the states in the background and like the compressor side of the turbo spewing out the word powerstroke (right where the states come together) have N.W. where state of washington is and chapter where oregon is. so if you look at it the turbo is smack dab on the state line and when you read it it'll say
N.W.
Powerstroke(spewing out of the turbo)
Chapter

#16 ·
that actually sounds awesome! Try and get us some examples down on paper or something... We will make a poll to vote on what everyone wants once we have some examples
I'll be moving to the Seattle area this summer (July or August)

I'm interested in joining up after I get there. I'll try to keep up with what's going on down there for the time being, and TRY to keep out of things :hehe:
Yeah sounds good man! We will be looking forward to having you

#15 ·
I'll be moving to the Seattle area this summer (July or August)

I'm interested in joining up after I get there. I'll try to keep up with what's going on down there for the time being, and TRY to keep out of things :hehe:

#17 · (Edited)
well somthing like this for starters lol course like i said we need the sates in there. after those get in the background it will need to be resized to make it in proportion lol. i was kinda thinking about making the word powerstroke italic aswell

#22 ·
I am down... didnt make the G2G last weekend but I am in for the next. sign me up. I propose the name: Waregon strokes(Washington/Oregon) as a chapter name.

#25 ·
I think you are on to something Josh

#35 ·
Guys, I am not in your area nor will I probably ever be, but I just wanted to tell you that for your decal or whatever you want to call it...Just go to a Grapshic design place, such as any place that prints decals or designs...I live in a small town and we have such a place, so surely y'all do.

Anyway, just go in and talk to them and give them your general idea and they will draw a few things up for very little money or even for free on the basis that you will purchase X number of decals from them...These people are talented at coming up with neat designs that flow well. Just my opinion, best of luck on starting your chapter, I am excited for you guys/gals.

I hope this advice is useful for you...:thumb::thumb:

Tim

#40 ·
Well thank you sir! We will have to vote on that but i will definitely be on the ballot...

By the way anyone wanting to maybe fill a roll as vice president, president, historian, etc.... please say so! That way when we do the poll no one gets left out

#41 ·
count me in! we need something like this up here

#44 ·
we need to vote on a name. I will start the pole tomorrow. Once we have a name picked out we can start on making a logo!

once the logo and name are done we present it all to the site mods/admin team and they decide if we get to become an official chapter or not!

#46 ·
I am thinking there is no " :bump: " needed... we have 5+ members that are willing to meet at least once per year. lets get the ball rolling.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.